Which cake do you think?

potterphreak

Mouseketeer
Having a Mickey/Disneyland party for my soon to be 3 yr. old in May. Either have a Mickey cake from the bakery OR can make those individual mini star cakes (When you wish upon a star....). Which do you think? Also, is it a major pain to frost the sides of these teeny cakes? Or should I just use the Micro and Pour frosting? I will be making some milk and white chocolate CASTLE lollipops also. I have never made mini cakes OR the lollis, so it should be fun! Thanks in advance for any opinions, advice, help, etc...

Star Pan

That sounds cute. I like the star pan. Maybe you can decorate each cake with a 3 ring Mickey head. Can you display a stuffed Mickey or some Mickey decoration on the table in the middle of the little star cakes? :earsboy:

I think frosting the cakes will take a little time. If you use a light and fluffy frosting then it will probably be easier to spread than butter cream.
I've never tried to pour the icing, so I have no idea how that would turn out.

The lollipops sound cute. I've never made them, but I've heard they are easy. Good luck! :mickeyjum

I've taught Wilton Cake decorating for going on 6 years now, so I hope I can help somewhat.

I personally would get the mickey mouse cake from the bakery. The reason being, that star cakes are a cute idea, but stars can really go with almost any theme, doesn't really capture the Disneyland/Mickey feel IMHO.

Wilton also made (awhile ago, avail. on ebay) mini Mickey Mouse cake pans. If you can get a hold of those, that may be an idea..although time consuming.

Tupperware makes Mickey Ice Tups for popsicles, these would be cute for a frozen treat.

One thing I love to do is Cupcakes instead of a cake. It would be really easy to make like 24 or so, ice some black and some white and put them together to make a huge mickey head.

You could also serve the ice cream in a cup and put a sugar cone on top and decorate like a castle. Hope I gave you some ideas, have a great party!

HI! I had a mickey party for my daughter too...and was stumped about the cake....so instead, i had cupcakes....i threw mickey icon confetti on the table, and grouped the cupcakes in threes to look like the icon and TA DA! MICKEY THEME! or if you wanted...make one giant mickey icon out of the cupcakes......gotta love those cupcakes! i even got mickey sprinkles somewhere...can't remember though........egad, getting old....:)

good luck! oh yes, had icon balloons too...ordered them online...big hit :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!