Which Building at SSR?

haileysmom

Earning My Ears
Hi Y'all,
I'm a first timer to SSR and I'm looking for some veterans out there to tell me which buildings are "desireable." We are checking in this saturday (yeah!!!) I will have my car so the bus stops are not an issue but I do hate to be hanging off the edge of a property far away from parking, food court, pool (very important to kids) etc. Also, I am concerned about construction noise since the property is not completed. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Marcy

Well, I'm not an SSR veteran yet, but I'm working on it!
If you want to be closest to the main buiding (food, main pool, etc) then request the Springs. If you wanted to be near DTD, then request the Congress Park area.
I don't think you'll have a problem w/construction. I was there in April and heard nothing.
I'll be there again in 34 days :banana:

1) Close to pool & food court - 3100's to 3900's
2) Close to DTD and fireworks viewing - 1100's to 1800's, 2100's to 2800's *
3) Close to construction - 4500's to 4900's

* After New Year's Eve, no more Pleasure Island fireworks.

I recently had 4325 (The Springs). It was very close to the main building and the studio I had overlooked the pond. I was very happy with that location.

We just came back and we stayed in the Springs, 3641. We were right across the street from the Main Pool, and right near the food court and the carriage house. If you want to be near that stuff, the Springs is the closest!
Have a blast, we did! :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice. I keep hearing mixed reviews about SSR but since our first night will be at the Country Inn & Suites I am looking forward to on-site heaven once we check in to SSR. :bounce:

I was in the dreaded Paddock section (5811) and loved it. We had a quiet pool about one minute away. Another good thing was that we were the second bus stop both coming and going to the parks. The bus stop was also one minute away. The cm at check in recommended this location because it was so quiet and close to the bus and pools, we had my elderly parents with us. Never heard construction noise of any kind. The walk to the main pool was around 5-8 minutes depending on how fast we walked. This might be inconvenient for some people but for us it was fine because we didn't spend all that much time at the pool or Artist's Palette. In fact we never used the Springs pool once, my kids loved having that quiet pool mostly to themselves and since it had a hot tub for the grandparents we were set. I am sorry my kids never got to try out the slide but they didn't seem to mind! We bought two mugs which was a total waste because that was too far just to refill a mug of soda. I can see how being right there in the Springs would be really nice but for us on this trip the Paddock location was perfect. We had a beautiful view of a lake and fountain out our window. I had been so worked up that we would get stuck in the Paddock and now think I will request it for our January trip with my husband's family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter