Which beach near San Diego?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
What beach is the best that is close to San Diego? Any advice on this?

Coronado was rated as the top beach in the country one year.

Other beaches that are very nice are Del Mar, Torrey Pines, Carlsbad and Oceanside.

You really can't miss - San Diego is full of great beaches. There is a fantastic, historic wooden roller coaster @ Mission Beach that is worth checking out (beach there is nice too). I like the beach by Scripps pier in La Jolla. Carlsbad is also very nice.

Coronado is beautiful, no doubt about it. If you don’t mind a little grittier experience, check out Ocean Beach. Nothing like breakfast at the Old Townhouse and then a walk on the pier. It’s my family’s favorite beach outing when I’m back home in SD.

Depends on what your looking for at the beach. Do you want lots of bars and restaurants on the beach? Do you want family friendly? Do you want a combo of the two?

Coronado is great. Outside of that, we really enjoy all the beaches that are north of San Diego throughout San Diego county- Carlsbad, Encinitas, Del Mar, Solano, Leucadia, Oceanside etc. There are lots of great places along the coast to hang out at the beach-- there are places where the local delivery places will even deliver pizza to you on the beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter