Which BBB Do You Prefer, MK or DS?

TigerlilyAJ

DIS Veteran
My DD5 and DS11 are going to do BBB on our trip in 181 days, which we would like to have the same day as our CRT meal. Tomorrow is the opening of our ADR window, and my plans hinge a bit on which BBB we choose, DS or MK.
-MK is convenient for CRT and touring post-makeover, and there is the fun of being in the castle.
-But DS's larger, more spacious salon and dressing rooms (complete with Cinderella's fairy godmother talking to you from the mirror) looks more fun and has the mini-carriage for photos. And I really care about the photos. But I don't know DS. The BBB is in Marketplace (?). Is that easy to get to from the resorts' bus stop at DS? Too insane (meaning: takes too long) to try to go to DS and then schlep back to MK?
It will DD's first BBB trip and DS's final one. We've only done the BBB at DL before.
Opinions? Anyone try both and like one more? I'll be interested to see in August if the new GF BBB has anything distinct to pull people away from MK or DS.

We have done both & like both - however, we LOVE Magic Kingdom. It's our favorite part of WDW. Having said that, the BBB location inside Cinderella's Castle holds the #1 spot for us. There's just something extra magical about getting a prince or princess makeover right inside the castle!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I have zero--nay, *negative*--interest in visiting Disney Springs, mainly because of the lost park time. So, last week I booked an MK PPO appointment, then lunch at CRT for a full castle day. Even if the photo ops at DS are wonderful (and I *am* interested in the story books), I figured the convenience of being inside MK with access to everything else we want to do while in full prince/princess mode.

We booked BBB in MK for our upcoming trip as we are going to Fairytale dining afterwards so it just made sense. Though I hear they have things at the Disney Springs location they do. It have in MK. Maybe someone else can elaborate on what they have there that they don’t
In MK.

We loved the DS version and are planning to do it again. (Disclaimer that I have not been to the MK version). We went both before and after it moved to the new location so I can compare those two experiences. The new version has a new little room that you start in with a “magic” mirror that talks to the child and gets them excited about their appointment. The salon experience itself is pretty much the same, but the room is much bigger so there is plenty of room to stand. Afterwards, there is a photo opp in front of a large carriage. But the best part is that the photo pass studio is just a couple buildings away, and we got our absolute favorite pictures from the trip from that session. We got pictures in front of a bunch of backdrops and they took a ton of them alone and together. All included in memory maker. The other thing I like is that Disney Springs is very quiet in the morning so we didn’t have to worry about crowds or anything and my kids were able to focus on the BBB experience. From there we headed to MK and ride some rides before our lunch res at CRT.

I have done both and prefer the DS location. It’s bigger and the magic mirror effect is really cool. I also prefer that we aren’t rushing around to rides and FPs afterwards. We are able to enjoy the focus on the BBB makeovers.

My DD5 and DS11 are going to do BBB on our trip in 181 days, which we would like to have the same day as our CRT meal. Tomorrow is the opening of our ADR window, and my plans hinge a bit on which BBB we choose, DS or MK.
-MK is convenient for CRT and touring post-makeover, and there is the fun of being in the castle.
-But DS's larger, more spacious salon and dressing rooms (complete with Cinderella's fairy godmother talking to you from the mirror) looks more fun and has the mini-carriage for photos. And I really care about the photos. But I don't know DS. The BBB is in Marketplace (?). Is that easy to get to from the resorts' bus stop at DS? Too insane (meaning: takes too long) to try to go to DS and then schlep back to MK?
It will DD's first BBB trip and DS's final one. We've only done the BBB at DL before.
Opinions? Anyone try both and like one more? I'll be interested to see in August if the new GF BBB has anything distinct to pull people away from MK or DS.
We've done both. And I love the space in DS & the photo area much more than MK. But, getting made up in the castle IS pretty magical. Not to confuse things more, but there will be one more location you could book at 180 days - there will be a new BBB in the Grand Floridian. Which would be perfect for having tea, too! And its a lot closer than DS and it has the magic mirror. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...que-is-expanding-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Yep, I'm excited to hear reports from the GF location. But I wonder if that one will emphasize/specialize in the packages for those over age 12. Or is it really distinct, like Under 12 = BBB, Over 12 = Salon. It sounds good for families with kids that split that age divide, too.
I will definitely have some What If about not getting to the DS location for photos. Right now I am more worried that BBB doesn't have a prince costume for the Deluxe package large enough for my 11yo son. When I tried to call Disney to ask, the CM did not even know they offer a prince costume, just the t-shirt that looks like knightly armor. I've seen a 9/10 on sale on eBay from a British seller, but not an 11/12. Plus, I think Disney Paris might have some different offerings which is why I keep finding prince costumes from British sellers (this priced in pounds, so ££££ ouch).

We are doing MK this year because we have a breakfast reservation at CRT, however aesthetics wise I like the one in Disney Springs better. We took my niece there a couple of years ago before hitting Akershus in Epcot for Breakfast. It's HUGE, and Beautiful inside! <3

If we do BBB at Disney Springs the night before we head to MK will their princess hair still look good next day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter