Which ADR to Keep, Il Mulino or T-Rex? Or should we cancel another?

SeeJackRunn

Mouseketeer
I know it is a very very odd comparison but I can't decide which of these to get rid of. We would be going there on a DHS day, except my T-Rex ADR is at 2:00 and the Il Mulino one is at 5:00. We wanna see Fantasmic that night. Which would you do? We don't have kids with us.

We're also having dinner at Blue Zoo, 'Ohana, Hoop Dee Doo, San Angel Inn, and Crystal Palace. If you think we should get rid of one of those instead let me know!

Thanks for all the help :)

I'd cancel T-Rex just on general principles regardless of where else you are dining. Its just a loud, over priced, mediocre food restaurant. You may want to read the dining reviews here when trying to decide. :disrocks:

We have never been to Il Mulino..but we have been to TRex twice.
The ONLY reason we go to TRex is for our kids...the atmosphere is loud, but fun for them. The food is 'meh' at best and waaay overpriced. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wasn't interested in dining with LOUD Dinosaurs.

Although we've never been to any of those places, and don't have any of them booked for our upcoming trip, I would cancel with T-Rex or San Angel Inn.

For one, T-Rex is similar to Rainforest Cafe and that was the most disappointing meal of our last trip. The food was a huge let down and the atmosphere was LOUD. I think you said you don't have kids with you. The only reason I would go to RFC or TR in the future would be for kids.

The San Angel Inn I have just read nothing but bad things about. As I understand the atmosphere is awesome but most report only bad things about the food.

Good luck!

Cancel T Rex, for sure...with no kids, what's the point of T Rex? Like going to Chucky-Cheese without a kid, IMHO. As others have said, mediocre food at high prices...you're paying for the atmosphere, which is awesome-cool if you're under 10, lol.

Disagree with advice to dump San Angel. We thoroughly enjoyed San Angel Inn last year...good service, good food and fantastic atmosphere, especially for adults. Get a pitcher of sangria and enjoy. (You will not find tacos & burritos on the menu...it's not Taco Bell! But very good authentic Mexican non-fast-food/non-Americanized food.)

What time is Fantasmic that night, anyway? Il Mulino will probably take you a couple of hours, then you've got to get down to DHS from the Boardwalk area. If F! is at 9:00 that night, you'll want to book out of Il Mulino and hop a boat...will want to get to the Fantasmic theater at least an hour before the show to get a seat.

Keeping T-Rex will give you more time to get to Fantasmic. We were queing up 2 hours prior to Fantasmic back in September and it was one long line. We wouldn't have got in if we hadn't. 5 o'clock at Il Mulino isn't going to give you that much time when you consider how long it will take to eat and then time to get back to the park.

Fantasmic is at 8:30 and 10:00 on the night we want to go. I think a 5:00 Il Mulino reservations should be fine?

I should think so--
I would definately keep Il Mulino and unless you have some special reason for going to T-Rex, I think I'd cancel that.

We have not eaten at Il Mulino. We did at T Rex (lunch) just a few weeks ago. And we are two adults.
T Rex was fine. Actually better than we expected.
But I would not make a point to make a special trip to DTD to eat there again.
The food was good. But for what it was, it was not cheap either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter