• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which ABD Trip would you choose??

Which ABD Trip would you choose

• China

• South African Safari

• Viva Italia

Results are only viewable after voting.

dizneyfan23

Nothing makes my day like sitting on the beaches o
Of these 3: China; South African Safari; Viva Italia

Which one would you choose???:thumbsup2

Just returned from Viva Italia so I did choose that one! ;) And totally loved it!
Second choice would be South Africa.

I would pick Italy. The art, the history, the food. You can't go wrong.

We just did Italy -amazing. If we had the cash, we'd do China next year. One of our guides, Heidi, had just finished a stint on the China trip, and it sounded great.

We just did Italy -amazing. If we had the cash, we'd do China next year. One of our guides, Heidi, had just finished a stint on the China trip, and it sounded great.

We're leaning towards China, however something troubles me about that trip. On the Ireland ABD I did, some of the best times we had were when we were on the bus traveling between sites, when our guides (Jennae & Jason) would tell us stories about the country and stuff like that.

The possible hang-up I have with China is that most all of the traveling is done by plane. It's Disney and I'm sure it'll be good, however I'm curious about that time on the plane. Would we just be sitting there waiting to get to the next destination????

I know I'm rambling on without giving a clear question, so I think this will sum it up; On the Ireland trip, the Disney "magic" or "difference" or whatever you'd like to call it, it never seemed to take a break. Every minute was great, even the parts where we were sitting on a bus. I just wonder if the China trip (because of all the plane rides) would feel the same, or would it feel like the "Disney" of the trip would stop until we landed and once we got off the plane, then the "Disney" part would start up again?

Hopefully my concerns made sense to someone out there.

I had two friends just come back this week from China, and they've done multiple AbD trips in the past. Actually, the mom (71?) has done Viva Italia, Roma and la Costa Bella, Imperial Cities, Flavors of France, and now Enchanted China! They're also already booked for next year. :) They were on this trip with the DIS's dingoballs.

Both said, without hesitation, that it was THE best trip of them all. The people on the tour were wonderful, the guides just incredible, and the country beyond description. Actually, the daughter is thinking of repeating it in a couple of years!

In regards to the traveling, we had a long talk this morning and the only thing she mentioned about flying was that one of the flights was delayed four hours due to weather. She said the guides brought them to a local coffeehouse/restaurant where everyone chatted and showed each other photos, and the wait was actually a pleasure. I don't know if that's any indication of the rest of the traveling, but until dingoballs starts writing again, it's all I have. :)

And they were on the trip with Heidi (guide), by the way, and loved her too!

Dotti

I didn't vote, because I couldn't choose. We went on Enchanted China and had a wonderful time. I chose that trip because I was specifically looking for a China trip. For next year, we are booked on South Africa - I'm a scientist and anything to do with nature really gets me going.

I think your own choice would have to depend on what you are most interested in. China was mostly learning about the culture, some history, some geography, some pandas, some HK Disneyland. South Africa looks to be mostly about wildlife with some culture. I haven''t looked too much at Viva Italia, so someone who has been on that trip would have to say what that's like.

The possible hang-up I have with China is that most all of the traveling is done by plane. It's Disney and I'm sure it'll be good, however I'm curious about that time on the plane. Would we just be sitting there waiting to get to the next destination????

The flights are not that long, maybe a couple of hours each. Don't forget that the China trip is quite long compared to all the other trips - 13 days. Even though we had the most wonderful time and could have followed our guides around forever, it was good to have some downtime. I think if we'd gone at full throttle the entire 13 days, we would have been exhausted.

Chinese culture is so different from Western culture - I think it would give you the most unique experience. My guess is that Italy would be interesting, the food would be great, but since Italian culture is more a part of mainstream Western culture, more like the foundation of Western culture of course, it wouldn't be as different as China.

I hope you can make sense of my ramblings. Good luck with your decision.

Wow, the group with Heidi was very lucky. Seriously, she was so wonderful that if Disney just posted which trips she would be on next year, I'd pick one of those trips!

Just returned from the Viva Italia trip and it was absolutely amazing. Marco and Tina were our guides and they were magical.:yay: I cannot say enough about ABD,:cheer2: they took care of everything beginning to end and on top of that wowed and amazed us.
We felt ABD was a little more than other tours but knowing and loving the Disney way we opted for it, and we are so glad we did. The pasta making and mask making were so much fun, we are doers and not onlookers so having these hands on things was great for us.
Highly recommend this amazing adventure.:woohoo:

Thank you to all who voted and expressed their opinions. I believe that we are going to do the China trip, mostly because it's the longest and also, it's alot more likely that we'd be able to go to Italy on our own (or through ABD) later on down the road. However, it's highly unlikely that we'd ever try doing China by ourselves.:thumbsup2

I myself would have to choose Italy. China comes a not so close second and Africa a not so close third. There are a lot of places before Italy....and a lot between there and Africa.

My sister in law has done Africa many times (11 i think) and loves it. She is one of the lucky ones that gets to travel all the time. Last year she did 6 countries. Basically went every other month. The joys of being single and not having kids. LOL.

First ABD I'm going to do is Ireland =) Hopefully 2010. And I really wish they would add Hawaii back. =( I will be buying into DVC Hawaii though...so I won't be truely disapointed if they don't add it back.

We did the VIVA ITALIA tour and it was the by far best trip we have ever been on. Having said that and having read the reports of other ABD tours, I think whichever you pick will be great

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter