Which 2 Club Levels For September Anniversary Trip? Need Help!

habg1

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are starting to plan our 25th wedding anniversary trip to Walt Disney World in September 2019.

We know we would like to stay club level but we are having a hard time deciding which resorts.

We are staying 8 nights and we figured we would do a split stay and experience 2 club levels. Moving between resorts in not an issue with us.

We are having a hard time picking between the resorts and need some help deciding.

Here's some important factors for us:

I am somewhat of a picky eater, not horrible.
Food quality in the lounge is important.
We will be experiencing the food and wine festival.
We will have a car.
We have stayed club level at the Yacht Club already.
Again, this is our 25th wedding anniversary!

Please help! Looking to choose 2 club levels! Any advice/opinions are welcome!

Thank you!

Since your willing to do a split stay and you have a car, I'd suggest one of the resorts be CL AKL. It's such a beautiful resort. Because it's tucked away from the main areas some it's very peaceful and relaxing. The pool at Jambo house is beautiful and Boma has something for every type of eater.

And since you want to do F & W but have already done YC, then I'd suggest BWI. I love the hustle and bustle feel of this resort ( being on the Boardwalk ). There are also lots of dining options at this resort and in the area.

I have not done AKL club or Yacht Club club yet, from my personal experience the clubs on the monorail resorts tend to be a little better. I would recommend a monorail resort and then an Epcot resort since you are planning on going for Food and Wine festival. Can't beat being within a stones throw of Epcot! Speaking of the lounges themselves, my favorite monorail club was Polynesian, closely followed by main building Grand Floridian. The view at Contemporary lounge was fantastic, I just didn't like the theming of the resort as much as the others. For the Epcot ones that I went to, I'd pick Beach Club lounge. Much better view than Boardwalk. Beach Club lounge overlooks the lake, Boardwalk lounge is on the backside of the resort and doesn't overlook anything except close-sitting trees. Also the Boardwalk lounge balcony is pretty tiny. However, the Beach Club *rooms* have those tiny Juliet-style balconies thrown into the mix, which are about 4 ft by 2 ft. Just enough to squeeze two small chairs onto. So it kinda sucks if you end up in a room with one of those. Yacht club might have them too, I don't believe Boardwalk has them, I could be wrong though.

**** Edit** Just noticed you were specifically looking about lounge food. Polynesian lounge always has a south-pacific inspired main offering around lunch/ early dinner time. Grand Floridian has an afternoon tea offered in the main building lounge from like 1-4 (I think Sugarloaf lounge does it too). When I was talking about how the monorail lounges were a bit better, food was one of the main reasons why. They all seemed to offer a substantially- sized hot specialty each day and had better snack options, the Epcot ones I found to have the generic peanuts / candy / cold veggies as a daily snack.

Last edited:
My husband and I are starting to plan our 25th wedding anniversary trip to Walt Disney World in September 2019.

We know we would like to stay club level but we are having a hard time deciding which resorts.

We are staying 8 nights and we figured we would do a split stay and experience 2 club levels. Moving between resorts in not an issue with us.

We are having a hard time picking between the resorts and need some help deciding.

Here's some important factors for us:

I am somewhat of a picky eater, not horrible.
Food quality in the lounge is important.
We will be experiencing the food and wine festival.
We will have a car.
We have stayed club level at the Yacht Club already.
Again, this is our 25th wedding anniversary!

Please help! Looking to choose 2 club levels! Any advice/opinions are welcome!

Thank you!

For a 25th anniversary, my choices would be GF RPC & BWI CL. Both have great food offerings and nice lounges. The RPC lounge is large/spacious with beautiful views of the grounds, which makes for a nice atmosphere while relaxing and listening to the orchestra play in the lobby below. The BWI lounge is also nice and although it's smaller than other CL lounges, I found it quiet and quaint. Good luck with your decision, hope you have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter