Where's Waimom and other new experiences - a June 2018 trip report!

mydisneyanytime

Mouseketeer
Welcome to my first trip report! Though I have been to WDW many, many times, I have yet to write a report. However, I hope that reading my trip report will help others plan their trips or just relive the Disney magic like it did for me!! I don't take a lot of pictures so this won't be too picture heavy!!

When: June 24 - July 2
Who: Me, Waimom (my mom and the kids grandmother), Sissy DD12, Bug DS11.
Where: We stayed at POP for 6 nights and then moved to Caribbean Beach Resort for 2 nights. This was our first split stay... was it worth it?
Why: Because we could - no special reason and we plan to go back in November again.
What: We experienced many new events: EMM, DAH, split stay, using a scooter, TSL and new places to eat!

Stayed tuned for our journey!

Day 1:
On Sunday we got up in Atlanta after visiting family and headed to WDW! It was a rather uneventful trip, thank goodness. Traveling is always slower than I hope but this trip wasn't too bad. Both kids are good travelers!! Finally we passed under this wonderful sign!! (Anyone have instructions on how to put a photo in? It wasn't as simple as I thought....)

We checked into POP and went straight to our room. We had requested a handicap room so there was room to get both a scooter (for my mom) and a wheelchair (my son) in it. However, when we got there it was a normal size. We stayed in one in October that was bigger and had lower beds so I was concerned. We went to the front desk and I was assured that it was a handicap room. They did send over a stool so that my son could get on the bed easier. It wasn't a great fix but it was ok. The room, however, was extremely tight with his wheelchair and the large scooter in the room. We did keep the bed down since there was 4 of us sleeping in the room. It would have been easier if the bed had been up. I also opted out of housekeeping while we were there and got the gift card. Then off to the food court for a little dinner, back to the room to unpack, and bed. Magic Kingdom tomorrow!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter