Where's the hot food? - Day 1

heffalump9

DIS Veteran
Cast of characters

Me - Commando style theme park visitor, planner, etc. (age 45) - 3rd visit in 3 years
Newbie - Best GF from Alaska (age 43)
Teen Newbie - GFD first visit in ten years (age 16)

Time span: 3 1/2 day visit to the World, I am staying on property, GF and GFD off property (3/23-3/26)

Day 1 (Travel day - Noon arrival)

Rivermill Food Court (POR) (typical counter service) - Just me at lunch

Cheeseburger (no fries) and Refillable Mug $18.30

The burger was good not dry, bun very fresh, but the fixings bar was very empty and only had lettuce, tomato, sweet pickles and red onions. The drink area was very messy as was the condiment area. I had to remind the CM to price the burger al a carte. (savings .50)

Sadly to say the food court at POR was the low point of the trip. The big surprise would come the next day when I found out hot food was only available between 7am-10pm (posted hours were 6am-12pm), this did not work well with EMH and caused the Grab and Go area to be very picked over, most evenings there were no sandwiches left. There was pizza available till midnight but this did not work out for everyone.

Dinner (off site) (whole cast of characters)

Angels @ Holiday Inn Nikki off 192 (seafood buffet) Great lobster, crab legs and other seafood choice, good salad, veggies and dessert choices (loved the Lemon Meringue) plus a sundae bar approx. $22.00 pp - tip not included. The real treat was the unlimited whole lobsters and clusters of crab legs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter