Wheres the Best resort To Rent A Mouse Boat

MikeWazowski

DIS Veteran
I have never rented a mouse boat before but they look like they would be pretty fun to kill an hour or so. Where is the best place to rent the mouse boat.

I will be staying at the Wl or The AKL so it does not really matter how far I have to go becuase we will probably have dinner at where ever we rent it. Can you cover a large area in one of them. Thanks

We've rented at GF and the Polynesian and it's great because you can go all over Bay Lake as well as Seven Sea Lagoon. The same would be true at CR, WL and FW. Have fun!

We have noticed that the water mice that you rent at either the GF,CR,WL, Poly or FW are a little faster than others around the world. Maybe just our imagination but it sure seems like it. Could be because there is a larger area to drive them than any other resort has.

We usually rent at any of the resorts on seven seas lagoon / bay lake. This area is so expansive and you can really have a lot of fun on a larger lake. We usually hit the Contemporary after visiting MK. If you stay at WL, you'll have the boats to rent there--that was an added bonus for us when we stayed there!!

Any one of the Magic Kingdom Resorts (Contemporary, Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian) for the reasons already posted!

If you stay at WL you're there - just walk down to the pool and around the corner from the bar area is the boat rental - - they became my new favorite "ride" at WDW last October and being able to go all over from WL to FW to GF and back was such fun. Have a great time.

Campingbuddy, We have noticed that the water mice that you rent at either the GF,CR,WL, Poly or FW are a little faster than others around the world. Maybe just our imagination but it sure seems like it. Could be because there is a larger area to drive them than any other resort has.

It has been about 4 years now since I have been to Disney, But When I was there The water mice in the magic kingdom lagon had bigger engines, I was told they determine the engine size by the area you can travel and how many boats there are in that area of water. So for example in the magic kingdom lagon there are alot of boats but a ton of space so they might have a 9 horsepwer engine, as oposed to the boardwalk area where you have very narrow chanels and lots of freindship docks in a consoldated area where you might have a 6 horsepower engine.
the other place to rent is dd if you rent there the engines are smaller however you can explore the stream down to por-riverside, okw, por-french quaters, not to mention the lagoon at the village. me personally I would rent at the cr. Also take a look around there becuase i hear they have several other intresting boats there. have a good trip

We rented them at the Coronado and the lake there is just waaaayyy too small for the boats to go fast. It got boring pretty quick because the lake was so small. Definitely try the MK resorts as the lake is much bigger.

Lori

WL is one of the best locations to rent a boat. Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk are also great places to rent a boat before/after dinner.

We rented them at the Coronado and the lake there is just waaaayyy too small for the boats to go fast.

After reading that I would also say cbr would not be a good choice to rent a boat at.

Does anybody else think the boats at the Poly are faster than WL? I thought they were but maybe I just didn't weigh as much. The load size really makes a difference. We rented from GF too. The children did the cooking program there. Just loved Chef Drew!

I can say the new boats seem faster than the old ones, but the engine size should be the same in all of them. however mechanical condition could play a role in speed. ex. if one boat had just been tuned up and the other boat was just going to be done in the next week. there are a ton of variables to speed of a boat.:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter