"Where's My Water?" Dasani Girl's April Adventure! **UPDATED June 14th!!

Thursday, April 18th

Darren and I took turns driving and the kids were being really good considering the amount of time they were strapped into their carseats.

The whole way there I kept thinking about Bonnet Creek and HOPING that we'd get an awesome view from our condo. I had been reading about this resort here on the DIS and saw some of the amazing views that some people get. I knew that it was less likely that we'd get a good view because we were checking in on a Thursday, but I had put a request in for an Epcot view when I made the booking so I was keeping my fingers crossed for sure!

Around 8am, we stopped by a McDonald's for a quick breakfast and then got back on the road. I was so ready to get there. I needed some Disney in my life!

Eeeee! Almost there!

DSC_0001_zps4a25282e.jpg

So we're on this road that we're always on about 30 minutes before we get to Disney (don't know the name of the street, but I think we were in Apopka) and I look to my left and, "Wait, is that the Swan and Dolph- EPCOT!! I see Epcot!" I could totally see Spaceship Earth! It looked teeny, but I saw it, along with the Swan and Dolphin hotel, and even the Contemporary. I'm such a nerd but I love being able to see the parks and resorts from a distant point of view. Like I would ride Expedition Everest just to see everything from so high up. That's why I was so hoping for an Epcot view at Bonnet Creek!

Soon after my little geeky freak out moment, we were THERE! At Disney World! Finally!

We passed under this beautiful site to behold:

IMG_6037_zps4a3ee54a.jpg

Oh the excitement!

IMG_6035_zps5552ccc4.jpg

IMG_6036_zpsa6917b79.jpg

After we passed under the arch, I looked at Darren with the goofiest grin on my face and said "It feels like we never left!" Disney just makes you feel like you're coming home, every time.

A few minutes later, we arrive here:

DSC_0005_zps8e296380.jpg

DSC_0006_zps171265ba.jpg

It looked gorgeous! So far, so good. The kids were still excited, probably more so about getting out of the carseats than anything!

DSC_0002_zps4d44b675.jpg

DSC_0003_zps92cd532b.jpg

We parked and I went to check in. The guy at the check in desk was a little less than friendly. I know it's a timeshare resort and they feel high class but dang! So what if I had very little make up on, bags under my eyes from no sleep, and my black capris were covered in lint from Brynn's fuzzy blanket?! I was a person too, don't look at me like I don't belong here! Haha.

Anyway, he wasn't that bad but he did look at my reservation and said, "So I see you requested a lake view?"

"Wait, what? No, I requested a theme park view." My stomach knotted.

"Oooooooh..." A look of sympathy crossed over his face, like he thought I was dumb for even thinking I'd get it. "Well, I'll note it. We'll call you when your room is ready. Go to that desk over there and get your parking pass."

Ah, I knew what would happen now. I read about it. When you pick up your parking pass, they try to weasel you into a timeshare tour (we've done one before, WILL NOT ever do one again!). So I went over to the desk prepared to tell them I wouldn't do a tour under any circumstances. She took one look at my appearance and, "Here's your parking pass. Have a nice day!" I must've really looked like a poor, hot mess. Oh well, in this instance, I didn't care. No pressure to do a tour, fine with me.

I took our parking passes and met back up with my people. They were in just hanging out and playing checkers.

IMG_6038_zpsef5edfd3.jpg

IMG_6039_zpsf3516bf9.jpg

IMG_6033_zpsbde0f0e1.jpg

We had to do something to pass the time until our room was ready, so where to, captain Brynn? (She's a terrible juice spiller, that's why her straps look so funky. I had just cleaned them suckers too!)

DSC_0007_zps81d911a7.jpg

I'll leave you with a not-subtle-at-all hint!

IMG_6040_zpsf7291bf8.jpg

:thumbsup2Yay! Y'all made it!!!!:cheer2:
Bonnet Creek looks really nice! I always wondered what that place was...I remember seeing the entrance when we stayed at CBR on one of our trips...I had never heard of it back then, so now I'm glad to know.

Shame on them for being so snotty!:snooty: But yay for escaping the trap!!

Oh, I can't wait to see what the MK hold for y'all! How exciting!

Ahh the drive there is always exciting. Those first few moments on Disney property always has me jumping up and down and screaming. :upsidedow

LOVE WBC!!!! Stayed there last April for the first time and I'll never stay on site again. Can't wait to go back next April. Tower 2 has both lake/fireworks view and gorgeous new renovated rooms. Hope that's what you ended up with!

I love your trip reports. Great start. We stayed Bonnet Creek a few years back. Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

:thumbsup2Yay! Y'all made it!!!!:cheer2:
Bonnet Creek looks really nice! I always wondered what that place was...I remember seeing the entrance when we stayed at CBR on one of our trips...I had never heard of it back then, so now I'm glad to know.

Shame on them for being so snotty!:snooty: But yay for escaping the trap!!

Oh, I can't wait to see what the MK hold for y'all! How exciting!

I agree that Bonnet Creek looks nice! I came upon it with my search to find us a place off site for our first three nights and I then found the huge thread on it here, with the rave reviews. I HAD to have it!

Thanks for reading! :thumbsup2

Ahh the drive there is always exciting. Those first few moments on Disney property always has me jumping up and down and screaming. :upsidedow

It's exciting...but long! :rotfl: If it were a few (or 8) hours shorter, I wouldn't complain at all! ;) But yes, the first moments on property are always so awesome. Love it!

Thanks for reading!

Great pics! Can't wait to see more! :)

Thank you!! :goodvibes

LOVE WBC!!!! Stayed there last April for the first time and I'll never stay on site again. Can't wait to go back next April. Tower 2 has both lake/fireworks view and gorgeous new renovated rooms. Hope that's what you ended up with!

Awesome! Did you get a good room view? Stay tuned to see which tower we end up with and my thoughts on it. :)

Thanks for reading!

I love your trip reports. Great start. We stayed Bonnet Creek a few years back. Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

Thanks so much!! I'll be sure to post my opinion on Bonnet Creek. Did you enjoy it?

Thanks so much!! I'll be sure to post my opinion on Bonnet Creek. Did you enjoy it?

We did enjoy it. Had a great room. High up and could see Epcot. Pool is amazing. Nice having all that space. Went with our best friends and their small kids in a 3 bedroom. Fun for late nights and such. Our 4 kids loved playing in more space. Felt like we were in Disney for the most part. But the last 2 trips we have done during promos so haven't been back. We love Free Dining and the promos do their job. Has been keeping us on property::yes::

I'm sure we will go back to Bonnet Creek but probably when we go with family or our friends again.

We did enjoy it. Had a great room. High up and could see Epcot. Pool is amazing. Nice having all that space. Went with our best friends and their small kids in a 3 bedroom. Fun for late nights and such. Our 4 kids loved playing in more space. Felt like we were in Disney for the most part. But the last 2 trips we have done during promos so haven't been back. We love Free Dining and the promos do their job. Has been keeping us on property::yes::

I'm sure we will go back to Bonnet Creek but probably when we go with family or our friends again.

Awesome! Glad you had a great time. If I can ever talk my parents and brother and his family into going to Disney with us, I plan on staying at Bonnet Creek again. I think they would enjoy the extra space as well. We didn't stay long enough to use the amenities, but they looked like a lot of fun! ::yes::

Hey y'all!! SO SO SO SO sorry I haven't been updating! Things have been crazy around here. First, my laptop got a virus that would NOT go away, then our internet went down. Finally it's all straightened out.

Also, we got a new member of the family! He's been keeping me pretty busy. He's more work than a newborn! Meet Koda:

1_zps88951700.jpg

2_zpsef5f860f.jpg

3_zps61795a71.jpg

I'll be back to update soon, promise! I hope you all are doing well :wizard:

Thursday, April 18th

So obviously we were headed to the Magic Kingdom!

DSC_0008_zps8ded2393.jpg

Well, technically, the Ticket and Transportation center. We got out of the car and immediately started melting. It was SO hot! I slathered the kids down with sunblock (remember this for later...) and off we went!

DSC_0009_zps6e16ae51.jpg

We were finally HERE! Ready for fun, fun, fun!

DSC_0010_zpsce2dc750.jpg

DSC_0011_zps62c5654a.jpg

Then we got on our first "ride" of the trip! "Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas"

DSC_0014_zpsc9c4e882.jpg

Brayden was SO excited! He loved trains and things like that so the monorail was definitely something I knew he'd enjoy!

DSC_0012_zps1844c201.jpg

We can see the castle!

DSC_0016_zps02f58226.jpg

DSC_0015_zps95908e64.jpg

We got off the monorail and followed the hoards of people to the entrance. Did I mention it was HOT?! To the lady in the lower right corner of this picture, I apologize for making you look topless. That was not my intention.

DSC_0018_zps355ac403.jpg

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! I see the castle! It's such a beautiful and magical icon. I love love love it!

DSC_0019_zpsc15a2513.jpg

We parked the strollers and went to ride the train.......The train was down! The kids were so looking forward to it so that was a downer. We promised to come back and ride later in the trip and headed off to Tomorrowland.

DSC_0020_zpsda0b2a99.jpg

First Magic Kingdom ride of the day? The Tomorrowland Transit Authority of course!

DSC_0021_zps3bfdb6f5.jpg

Brayden got a little scared in the dark parts where you go inside. No big deal, he was probably just tired from the trip and wasn't feeling it. Right? RIGHT?! (I was hoping he wouldn't be scared of any rides...We'll see.)

b7af16df-767a-483c-b4d6-a7718def34ab_zps00d0cd12.jpg

DSC_0023_zpsfc83f55f.jpg

DSC_0024_zps99fded22.jpg

DSC_0026_zps048bd7e3.jpg

DSC_0027_zpsb28202c4.jpg

It was still so hot so after coming off the TTA we got the kids a slush. We sat by the closed Mad Tea Party so the kids could finish their drinks.

IMG_6041_zps52750315.jpg

IMG_6042_zps2dc9fa9a.jpg

While we were sitting there, Pooh and Tigger walked by!!

IMG_6043_zps3ddeee83.jpg

IMG_6044_zps3c5278f2.jpg

Up next, our first time inside NEW FANTASYLAND! Woot woot!

Yay! So glad you're back! Koda is adorable...I've loved seeing the pics on Facebook!

Woohoo! For the MK! Sorry that it was so hot!!

I love the kids Crocs, by the way...to darling!

Yay! So glad you're back! Koda is adorable...I've loved seeing the pics on Facebook!

Woohoo! For the MK! Sorry that it was so hot!!

I love the kids Crocs, by the way...to darling!

Thank you! I know, you've already seen anything that I will post! :rotfl: and yet, you still post! I appreciate that :hug:

Koda is cute. The kids must love him.

Thank you. Yes, they do, but he's still such a puppy so he uses them as chew toys! :rolleyes:

Cute pup! Glad you are back. Can't wait to hear more!

Thank you! Another update coming up soon!

Thursday, April 18th

We headed into New Fantasyland (when, if ever, will they stop calling it NEW Fantasyland and just Fantasyland again?) and hopped in line for the Barnstormer. Brayden rode a rollercoaster like this at a local festival and loved it. Brynn was tall enough for this one, so I was glad!

DSC_0028_zpsb25a7949.jpg

DSC_0029_zps236197c7.jpg

DSC_0030_zps5a9a925f.jpg

DSC_0032_zps18d060c9.jpg

DSC_0031_zpsaaab2728.jpg

DSC_0033_zpsb4d6ff98.jpg

The verdict? The kids were terrified!! I heard Brayden crying and Brynn was clinging to me like crazy! Oh no. This was not good! Luckily, that ride lasts about 2 seconds so they didn't have to be scared for long. But the damage was already done, I'm afraid...

We went and met up with Darren's parents in a gift shop. A castmember let Brayden spin a plate on a stick, so hopefully it helped cheer him up!

IMG_6046_zps48074f5c.jpg

IMG_6048_zps2b4c8543.jpg

He also gave the kids a sticker. Thank you, clown CM!

We were getting hungry and Darren had a specific restaurant in mind, so we headed out of the Magic Kingdom. On the way out, we saw Snow White taking pictures. We stopped to point her out to the kids, but she was about to go in so no one was in line. Her handler saw us watching and waved us over to take a picture! How sweet!

Of course they were acting all shy.

IMG_6049_zpsdc9cd419.jpg

DSC_0035_zps1f69b700.jpg

PP1_zpsd82cb867.jpg

PP3_zpsdd44c3a1.jpg

We got back on the monorail to the TTC. As we were walking to our car, I got the call. Our room was ready at Bonnet Creek! We decided to stay with our plan to go eat and we'd just go to our room after.

Where were we eating?

IMG_6051_zps455a198f.jpg

Brayden is obsessed with dinosaurs so we knew we had to eat here. He was scared at first but he actually warmed up to it towards the end. We sat in the ice cave, which was a first for us!

Paw Paw showing Bray that the dinosaur wasn't real.

IMG_6053_zps530a603b.jpg

IMG_6054_zpsc23bbc51.jpg

IMG_6055_zps01e23827.jpg

IMG_6056_zps183caa94.jpg

IMG_6057_zpsf6915d00.jpg

IMG_1456_zps0e385f7c.jpg

IMG_1458_zpsa5d05d9a.jpg

No, my son is not a smurf haha!

IMG_6059_zpsbace6eb1.jpg

We enjoyed our meal but we wouldn't be walking around Downtown Disney because we were EXHAUSTED and ready to get into our room. So we got in the car and headed to Bonnet Creek!

Up next, how was our condo?? Will I get my requested Epcot view?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!