Where would you stay with 5 people?

I would suggest a one bedroom with studio lock off by renting points for OKW or SSR. People have their own space but you can open the connecting door when you wish.

I’d do a 2 br villa at OKW. The place is huge and has 2 bathrooms.
Yes, this. Or 2 BR Villa at Saratoga Springs. Couple in the king room, Parent + Child in the 2 Queen room, Single person on the living room murphy bed. Everyone gets their own space.

Do not put all 5 in one room. I went on a girls trip with 5 of us in one Poly Studio Villa for 2 nights... drama! Lol

We have 3 "families" - one couple, a parent with a child, and one single person. We've considered so many options and I'm having a hard time deciding. I was leaning towards two rooms at Pop, but I'm getting some push back on that. I also looked at Fort Wilderness cabins, but I've heard terrible complaints about the beds there and transportation. We also considered AoA, but I've also heard not good things about the beds there too. Contemporary also got thrown into the mix, since you can fit 5 to a room, but I worry about those close quarters with 5 people.
Not sure of your price point but take a look at a 1 or 2. Bedroom villa at Old Key West. You would end up with a kitchen which is helpful for a large group.

We have 3 "families" - one couple, a parent with a child, and one single person. We've considered so many options and I'm having a hard time deciding. I was leaning towards two rooms at Pop, but I'm getting some push back on that. I also looked at Fort Wilderness cabins, but I've heard terrible complaints about the beds there and transportation. We also considered AoA, but I've also heard not good things about the beds there too. Contemporary also got thrown into the mix, since you can fit 5 to a room, but I worry about those close quarters with 5 people.
We had a great stay at ASMu- did a preferred room and family suite combo. My oldest son and his girlfriend stayed in the preferred room. My husband and I stayed in the bedroom of the suite while our youngest slept in the living area ( with his own bathroom :-) ). Having the couch and table meant we had a gathering area in the evening. Having a microwave and real refrigerator is great. The ottoman/coffee table in the living room was big enough to hold my son's suitcase. Note that both beds in the living room are the comfy pull downs.

ETA I requested that the rooms be close to each other and ended up just a few doors down from each other.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter