Where will the next new fee be...let's make a list!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the actual parking thread, there was a comment where someone said they believed Disney could implement having a cast member standing somewhere to punch each guest in the face as they entered the park and people would still keep coming (the idea being that no matter what..new fees, higher prices, etc, etc, people will continue to flood in to Disney) I got a good laugh out of that as it was....but in the interest of this thread, perhaps the newest fee would be to pay for the privilege of having a cast member punch you in the face as you enter each park.....:headache:

MagicBand operated bathrooms.

b56165bb9fddcbc39254ada1073be31c.jpg

Some airlines charge extra for families to sit together on a flight. Maybe when we reserve a room for 4 at Disney, there will an extra fee if we want to stay together in the same room; if we don’t pay that fee we will just have random roommates.
That would be absolutely horrible lol

All jokes aside, I'd like to see a paid WiFi tier, at least at the resorts. The standard resort WiFi often gets so overloaded because everyone is on it. It's almost unusable. Everybody connects to it because it's "free".

A paid tier that provides a decent enough amount of bandwidth to reliably support streaming would be welcome.

We have stayed at several other resort hotels that have had something similar. The free WiFi was good for normal browsing, downloading newspapers, etc. Then there was an extra level if you needed more bandwith. When you signed on everyday you got the option of the free or paid tier for the next 24 hours. Since we weren't doing any streaming or needed it for work the free worked for us.

It’s simple. The next fee will be a Resort Fee. Bank on it.

I think it is guaranteed to happen some day, but with the parking fee they should hold off a while.

I am pretty sure the next fee will be continuing to monetize fast passes with various schemes to buy extra ones, VIP fast passes (ahead of head of line), fee for early online FP access for reserving popular rides, fee for multi park on same day, fee for prime time FPs, fee to exchange an existing FP for another ride/time, fee for FP to be seated on time at a restaurant, fee for using FPs during EMH, restricting premium rides to paid FPs, etc. Lots of ways they can "keep" 3 free FPs and make lots of money on top of that.

It’s simple. The next fee will be a Resort Fee. Bank on it.

That.

As much as I love reading the suggestions that have been posted so far in the 7 pages of this post, *this* pretty nails it.

I can easily imagine Disney justifying the cost of resort fees with upgraded amenities, such as pool towels at values and moderates, chocolate at turndown on Deluxes.

Disney's Magical Express...I hope not but I can see the possibility of that fee coming! They charge you for transportation to the port for their cruises.

On the actual parking thread, there was a comment where someone said they believed Disney could implement having a cast member standing somewhere to punch each guest in the face as they entered the park and people would still keep coming (the idea being that no matter what..new fees, higher prices, etc, etc, people will continue to flood in to Disney) I got a good laugh out of that as it was....but in the interest of this thread, perhaps the newest fee would be to pay for the privilege of having a cast member punch you in the face as you enter each park.....:headache:
And then be charged for the photo of that experience as a keepsake.

On a restaurant thread earlier today people were asking about splitting a table service meal and I predicted there that they will start charging people to split a meal. I base this on an IT conference in Chicago I attended a couple of years ago. A couple I was eating with were very small eaters so they split a meal. When the check came they were charged $4 fee for splitting the meal. The waitress explained they have a cost after all someone had to split the meal and they were using 2 plates and she added the now dreaded "its an industry standard". Before Bob Iger is forced out the door (the only he us ever realistically leaving) I expect about half the stuff on this thread to become reality.

I can easily imagine Disney justifying the cost of resort fees with upgraded amenities, such as pool towels at values and moderates, chocolate at turndown on Deluxes.

Why would they bother justifying at all? They can raise the prices "just because" just like all the other increases without even having to "add" pool towels and chocolates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter