~~Where was everybody??~~

OilRigWife

Earning My Ears
Had a great time at the fort this past week. It was our first time and we are hooked!!! Can't wait to go back. My husband and I did some looping but never met up with any fellow disers. Did the rain change everybodies mind?

We were there last week, and the week before (loop 300). We arrived when the rain first arrived, and left on the first day with clear skies LOL. But we still got hooked on FW - we booked our stay for next year before we left :cool1:.

For the most part, the rain didn't interfere with any of our plans. We were chased out of the parks twice (in 14 days), when it got really bad and wouldn't stop. But, the worst part of it was that we never got to see Fantasmic or Wishes. We got the worst soaking of the trip, and ended up leaving only 1 hour after we arrived, the first night we tried to see the MK fireworks. Then we escaped Holywood Studios moments before being soaked, on the night we planned to see Fantasmic. Every other night that we planned to go back to MK or HS for evening events - and even on nights that we tried to catch the fireworks at the FW marina, the rain would move in and we'd decide to retreat to the trailer for a movie. I love fireworks, so that part was a disappointment.

I was stuck in PA, but I was at FW in spirit - finally unwrapped the trailer and started getting it ready for the season, whatever that may be this year.

We were there from 6/24 to 7/1. Site 2018. I put my disboard sign on the dash of the car after the first 2 got a little wet. The rain wasn't that bad for us. The first few days were a bit soggy but it dried out by mid week. We had plenty of sun and fun.

I love the new slide. But I spent most of my time at the splash zone since my 2 yr old son didn't want to go anywhere else while at the pool.

I saw a diser sign on the 1500 loop while doing some looping but no one was home every time I went by.

T

We were in loop 500. If you took the wagon ride, it went right by our site. After dealing with the rain all week, I can definitely say we would stay in the 500 loop again. Despite all the rain our site stayed puddle free, which was really nice for the kids and the water we did have, seemed to dry up quickly.
Hope to meet up with some Diser's next time:)

I'll have to second OilRigWife. We were there last week and even with all the rain our loop was pretty good, except for a couple puddles. We usually stay in 300, but wanted to trip a Premium. 300 was a flooded mess. Ducks swimming between the camp sites. Yuck.

300 was a flooded mess. Ducks swimming between the camp sites. Yuck.

While I'm sure my border collies would think that was just AWESOME, sounds awful. :sad2:

Glad we go in the relatively dry season of Nov/Dec, as 300 is definitely our favorite loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!