Where to wait for Fantasmic?

Molokai Gram

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=magen
Aloha and mahalo for the heads up from Floydian, I have just found out that Fantasmic will be showing during our visit 6/7-13. So now I have to consider where we should wait so the grandkids have good seats. I seem to remember that there were light poles to get behind, or was that at WDW??? :confused: So where would you suggest we wait and how long before should we get to our waiting place. Our group will have three adults and three children. (DH will be wearing a Grumpy shirt for a reason - so I try and make things as "easy" as possible. ;) )
Donna

If they are having two shows.... go to the second show!! Everyone leaves and you are more likely able to sit wherever you wish w good views. The first show is wall to wall people - would need to sit and wait at LEAST an hour ahead of time if not more! That and the CMs try to move you along right after the first show ends while the herds try to go opposite direction causing trafffic jams of mass proportion - grumble grumble grumble.... much nicer in the second show!! But makes for a late night w the kiddos so take the noon nap at the hotel that day :)

Okay, if possible go to a second showing, get there at the time the fireworks are scheduled (usually after first fantasmic is over) and watch the fire works for the new orleans sq. As soon as people get up to leave scoot your way through the the people leaving and head the docks. If there is only one showing you should stake out your spot about 2 hours ahead of time (you will see people seating as early as 5 hours (i did at least). My advice grab your dinner and eat there. Its a long wait but IMO its worth it.

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Mahalo, MG :)

How long are you willing to wait for Fantasmic? I expect that since there are a lot of people waiting for it to come back that there will be a LOT of people waiting for this show - whether it be the first night or second. Since you'll be at Disneyland for a few days :D, I recommend watching the fireworks on one day and Fantasmic on another....

Here are some options....

If you're willing to pay....
You can get the dessert buffet for $40, and sit up on the balconey, watch the show, and eat all the dessert you want. You do have to get in line at Guest Relations very early for this, and they only give out 12 seats a show (something like that). I think they also have an option where you can sit by the Tom Sawyer Raft area (somewhere around there), and have boxed dessert, and a guaranteed spot to see the show. You'd have to check w/Disneyland & verify if they're still going to do that.

If you're willing to wait....
Riverbelle Terrace Patio -- fills up by 5pm for the 8:45/9pm show... however, you will be sitting on chairs, at a table, and have a good view over people's heads of the show. We usually get there early enough to stake out the corner table, and while one person waits, everyone else goes on rides, coming back around 7:30ish to have dinner & watch Fantasmic ... or, eat dinner there first, then go on rides & come back for dessert/coffee, whatever & watch the show. You need to be vigilant, though, cuz people will constantly ask if you need your chairs, etc. We've done this many times, & I'm usually the one who waits and end up talking to everyone around me. You can also take turns holding the table/chairs. After a certain time, the CMs will watch to make sure that more people don't come in the patio area, unless they already have a place to sit. People can also stand at the back in that area. Side note... I expect this area to fill up earlier this time because of the anticipation for Fantasmic.... Also, you cannot see the fireworks from here - the trees block the view.

There are sitting and standing areas already established -- and the brick fence is not one of them, so don't make the mistake of settling there, because a CM will ask you to move (usually when all the sitting area is taken.

Best viewing place to sit is in front of the Pirates of the Caribbean. Look for the Photo Opportunity sign on the railing of Rivers of America, and that marks the best seating area. Some people like to sit up against the fence, but I find that blocks my view. You'll also see people starting to stake out their spots as early as 4pm - these would be the regulars who probably come out just to see the show. The past couple of times, we've staked out our area (w/jackets, backpacks, etc), and I've stayed there because we went w/relatives who had never seen Fantasmic & I wanted them to have the best view. Another good thing about this spot is that if you watch the first show, you can also see the fireworks (although, my opinion is that the best fireworks show is from Main Street, or the area between the Partners Statue & the Castle because of the way the fireworks frame the castle), and even get a good glimpse of Tinkerbell, as she flies from the Matterhorn. Usually, I have my relatives come back around 8pm, but with the crowds that I anticipate will be there, I'd tell everyone to come back @ 7pm (maybe w/burgers, skewers, or something to munch on while you wait). The show definitely is worth waiting for.

Another good spot - standing - is the bridge over Pirates - but first row, against the railing is best - otherwise people will be in front of you.... and expect to wait.

If you really don't want to spend time waiting....
See the 2nd show... I expect this to also be crowded....
I haven't done this, but I think it's a good plan... Take the train, and get off at New Orleans Square. Time it so you get there around the time the 1st show ends. As people leave the area, get your spot to see the show.

No matter what you choose, there will be crowds to deal with, so plan on that. I have seen it so crowded that Adventureland became an exit zone, and Frontierland became an entrance zone during Fantasmic. This happened during 4th of July... but plan for the busiest while you're there, and if it doesn't happen, you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

someone at Guest Services in the entrance plaza told me about this and it worked great. There is a big light pole with the control panel the lighting people sit behind. When you go stand behind it it is down and you can see nothing. You think you are crazy, as you can't see anything. Then right before the show starts the light tower goes up and you have the sam view and the lighting guys. They even ushered in some VIP's or something to sit in chairs in front of us. I was delighted with the view and the spots were open until very late in the game as thse who didn't know the light tower went up would have thought they were not spots worth waiting for. If I remember correctly I looked over my shoulder and saw the dessert buffet folks and the Pirates bridge behind me.

Enjoy! It was wonderful!

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter