where to stay?

zoemurr

DIS Veteran
We're doing a last minute trip from NY to CA. Usually I spend a year planning when we go to FL so this is really throwing me off.

I can get the HoJo standard room for our stay 8/24-8/26 or CCI for about $112 each. (unless anyone knows a cheaper way..) Or I can get DLH for $208. Is there any discount for DLH so I don't pay rack? Only real advantage I can see to DLH is that we can have an early am, and being from NY we'll probably be up early. Anything else I should consider? Thanks!

Well Hojo's has the Entertainment Book rates available from time to time. I have never done that so don't know much about it, but I have seen people say to call that particular hotel directly to ask about it, not the national number.

We are staying at CCI deluxe room for the first time in two weeks so I don't know much about that yet either, except that we used our AAA card to get a discount. If you have AAA be sure to check any hotel you look in to and see if they offer a AAA discount. Most do.

DLH hotel has an AP discount and sometimes random pin codes where you just have to get lucky to get. When you buy 3 day or more parkhoppers you get one day of MM anyway. I didn't check the dates of your stay so don't know if it includes more than one anyway.

I've heard good things about all of those places though. :thumbsup2

we can have a MM if we stay at CCI? Never thought that would be the case. So is there any real advantage to staying at DLH then? 'Cause it's not closer and CCI has a breakfast and shuttle right? At DW we would never consider staying off property, but I don't really see the benefit here, unless I am missing something..

we can have a MM if we stay at CCI? Never thought that would be the case. So is there any real advantage to staying at DLH then? 'Cause it's not closer and CCI has a breakfast and shuttle right? At DW we would never consider staying off property, but I don't really see the benefit here, unless I am missing something..

No this is not correct, you do not get a MM if you stay off-site, you misunderstood Pink Budgie's reply. :) You get MM if you stay on-site for each day it's available, it's not something they advertise, it's just an added perk. You also get MM if you buy a 3 day park hopper, it's automatically included but it's only 1 MM. So if you stay off-site and have a 3 day hopper then yes, you get MM. :) It doesn't matter where you stay off-site, as long as you have the 3 day hopper you get the MM. I hope that helps. :)

Go to HoJoanaheim.com and visit their discussion board, there you can see the dates they have the Ent Rate available, if the Ent Rate is available there is NO question that you stay there, you can get rates as low as $59.00 a nite! If it's not available go with the CCI, at the CCI you get the free bfast and the free shuttle, which is AWESOME after walking around DL all day. :)

We are going to get a 3 day hopper (which I guess is a 5 day for free..) and probably stay off-site.

Then we get a MM right? No matter where we stay? Is it just like a coupon? We're only going for a few days, so just one MM is fine.

We're doing 8/24 and 8/25, then we're going to San Diego and might do 8/31 at Disney too before we fly back.

There is not a discount for HoJo those nights.. so I guess the vote would be for CCI?

The discount is there for 8/31.. can I check online or do I need to call?

It should say on your ticket one magic morning. When they scan it on the MM, it goes on your ticket that you've used your MM and you can't get in early again. It doesn't matter where you stay, you get one MM.

Yes, with your tickets you will get 1 MM, as Pink Budgie said once they scan your tix then your MM will be noted as used and you can't use it again. :) and yes, if the Hojo doesn't have the Ent Rate available go with the CCI. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter