Where to stay one night, no parks

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
The Friday before our cruise next May we are flying in and staying at WDW in a studio and then going to the port the next day. No parks. We are SSR, but I like to try places we have never been so my options are Beach Club (20 points) and OKW (17 points). I know odds are better that OKW would be open at 7 months (end of October) but hopefully if I book right at 8AM I could get either.
I think I would like BC because I have stayed at YC before, and we love the BW area. Maybe we could see the new Epcot fireworks from a distance.
OKW would be cool; want to check it out for my big family trip in 2021, and we could take the boat to Disney Springs. Last cruise we were at Copper Creek and didn't want to waste time busing to the Springs.
Is there one that may be more likely to have an early check in (we would probably get there by noon because the earlier flight was cheaper)? If we can't check in we would do some pool time; I know the YC/BC pools are cool but how are the OKW pools? Good for a couple of hours of chill time?

Definitely stay at Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek. It’s beautiful hanging out by the lake. Great lounge for drinks, two restaurants and a CS.
Great way to waste away a day!!

Hi agree with above, Geyser Point is a really nice place to spend some time and the resort is very nice.

If that isn't your "cup of tea" I would go with BWV, boardwalk view. You can't beat the location or the views and if you're interested in viewing the new fireworks show (not sure what the new name is) you will probably be able to view from you balcony if you get a BW view. The views from BW are much better than at BC, you can see Space Ship Earth from your balcony, the fireworks, and all the people below enjoying all the fun on the BW. This is my home resort so I'm a little biased but the location and views can't be beat, also you have Bellevue Lounge which is a nice place to have an adult beverage and spend a little time. My DH and I always play a game of checkers when we visit the lounge, I love to win and usually do! Not sure if that's just my DH letting me win or if I really do win, either way we do enjoy our stop at BVL.

I hope whatever you decide you enjoy your stay, please let us know what you decide to do.

We've stayed at AKL with Savanna view before a cruise. Nice to sit and watch the animals.

This is what we did prior to our last cruise and we really enjoyed it. I am now planning for our next cruise and deciding whether I should try for BCV or BWV (assuming either will be available at 7 months). I have heard pros & cons for each and I am leaning towards BCV because of access to Stormalong Bay for the kids.

As for OP, we didn't enjoy our stay at OKW because we couldn't get a villa near HH.

LAX

Since you mentioned you want to decide between OKW and BC, I would go with OKW. There would be more availability, and like you said there is the boat to DS. The downside to OKW is that the studio has two beds, not the couch and queen bed that BC would have. Depends on what you want. Too bad you won't get to see the 1 bd, the living rooms are larger than the other resorts.

I could also get a Riviera Tower studio for the same points as a OKW studio. Hmmm. But all I know about that is I could ride the skyliner, LOL.

I could also get a Riviera Tower studio for the same points as a OKW studio. Hmmm. But all I know about that is I could ride the skyliner, LOL.
It will be smaller than the OKW studio and the bed is one of the new convertible sofas that come out of the wall. The kitchenette is hidden away in the wall near the bed. It appears to be a very compact set up.

It might be fun to try for one night. You may not get the opportunity to book one again. If it’s available, I would grab it. You can always modify it to an OKW studio later if you change your mind.

I would stay BW area or SSR. I would choose SSR so you have DTD for the day or evening drinks and dinner to start
off your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter