Where to stay on I drive for $50/night

CherylA

DIS Veteran
Looking for something clean and friendly for a 6 night stay for 2 middle aged adults that runs about $50/night. Any suggestions?

Okay, I am now a huge fan of Priceline. I did my research on biddingfortravel.com and using Priceline got a room for three nights at the Radisson Universal for $25 per night. My total with taxes and Pricelines fee was $90. It is not on I-Drive, but if you do your research you can probably get a great deal also.

Good luck!

Hi,
Just wanted to add my two cents worth also...
I would go to priceline and bid Universal area 2 1/2 stars for 28.00 if you bid thru the "5 dollar bonus added to your bid" link or 33.00 if you just go thru the regular bidding link and I bet you end up with Amersuites or Courtyard by Marriot (I've recv'd Courtyard in other cities I've bid)....
<33.00 seems to be the lowest $ amount they are willing to let rooms go for>

I've bid 2 1/2 stars for 3 different cities and that is all I've ever gotten.

**JUST DON'T ADD or INCLUDE {{{{{{ANY}}}}}} other bidding areas... ONLY use Universal area.

Amersuites even has a breakfast included that is what they call an "extended" continental that is far more than a danish and cup of coffee.. they even have a seating area for their breakfast area.

Hope this helps,
X

ps. I bid and won Amersuites for my stay and I had the good fortune of getting it thru a deal that is no longer available but I did it using a 20 dollar bonus link (where they added an additional 20.00 to every night I wanted for up to 5 nights)
so knowing that they like around a 33.00 bid I was able to bid 13.00 my money + the 20 bonus money equaling 33.00.
13.00 a night isn't bad even when you add in the 5.95 service fee on all priceline transacations.

Hotwire.com has hotels also, I used them for a rental car and had no problems at all.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn I-Drive last year from a $15 bid on Expedia.com I actually bought from someone I met here on the boards. I really enjoyed it!

I am planning a trip for my aunt and uncle and I don't feel comfortable using Priceline for someone elses trip. I like to be sure that the hotel I pick for them is very reputable and the nicest one for the money. i can't be sure of that with Priceline. For myself I would use Priceline since i'm not too fussy. So I'm just looking for some recommendations for good clean inexpensive hotels on I drive or very close to Disney World.

There are some extended stay type properties on (or just off) I-Drive that are very reasonable. I can't remember which ones exactly, but they're the major chains (like Extended Stay America, Suburban Inns, etc.). There's also a fairly new Wellesley Inn. You might also check www.hotelkingdom.com to see what they've got. There's a Hawthorne Suites property that I've seen have specials for $69. I know that's over your limit, but it includes a free hot breakfast buffet, and I think they even have some dinner foods a few days a week.

Without the assistance of Priceline, the cheapest hotel on I-Drive seems to be the Rodeway Inn. They generally have rates from $45-$60 a night, depending on the time of year. The rooms are kind of small, though, and the furniture looks like it is stuck in the 1970's, but the room was clean. Personally, I try to avoid I-Drive north of Sand Lake Drive. Traffic can get horrid during the evening and night. If you want to say a little further west on Universal Blvd., the Clarion Universal has gotten good words overall. You can get it for around $50-$60 a night on the hotel discount link on this page.

I saw a post that said Holiday Inn Maingate East is offering a buy one get one free offer. I don't know any of the details, but maybe you could find the Holiday Inn web page for more info. Getting e/o night free might average out to less than $50.00 a night.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. The dates are Sept 2-8. I made reservationds at the Courtyard Marriot across from DTD. $89 for the night of the 2nd and then $49 for the rest of the nights through dreams unlimited. Thats better than I-Drive!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter