Where to stay in El Paso and Austin TX

I was born in El Paso & go back often, however, I stay w/family when I go.

There are a few hotels near the airport, and some off of I-10 (Gateway East or Gateway West). Is there anywhere in particular you are going in El Paso?

If you're staying in or near downtown Austin, I recommend the Hotel Driskill or Homestead Studio Suites. I've stayed at both while traveling with touring shows and on the road nothing is more important than a quiet room with a comfortable bed. Hotel Driskill is a historic old hotel near the state capitol and within easy walking distance of the downtown music scene. Homestead scored points with me for having a laundry and being across the street from Whataburger. :woohoo:

I can't make a recommendation. However, I would tell you not to stay at the Hyatt Austin. It has a great location. However, it is the noisiest atrium hotel that I have ever stayed in. They do special events in the atrium and the noise travels up and used to keep me awake at night.

The Intercontinental in Austin is pretty nice. The rooms are tiny, but its really classy and historic. There is a nice pool and workout area in the basement and the staff was very friendly.

Check out Hotwire, we got this hotel for $100 a night on a weekend night during the summer, while the "going" rate was $180.

Austin is quaint, I like it a lot. Be sure to see the bats at the Congress Street Bridge:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter