Where to stay in AK

Phil, I think I just replied to your other posting about availability as well.

We like Kidani for several reasons, although it if was booked, we would stay at the main house because we love it so much. But, Kidani has the following advantages:

-covered parking - great in summer if you are venturing off and keeps your car from being exposed to the hot Florida sun for a week.
-extra bathroom in one bedrooms - a plus for us because we have a pre-teen
-small waterpark at pook - DD loves it

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the main house as well and there are restaurants there and not at Kidani, but for us the parking garage and bathroom are a big deal.

Good luck and pm me if you have any more questions.

Diane :)

If you like to have a quick service nearby, then Jambo House would be the choice as there is no quick service at Kidani except for a limited menu at the pool bar.

Other than that I think the big difference is that Jambo House is a cash resort and has the noise and volume of people to go with it. With two table service restaurants (one which is quite large, Boma) many people from other resorts are coming and going at Jambo House so that means the lobby is often crowded and noisy.

I like Kidani because the smaller lobby seems more inviting and definitely makes me feel like I'm home. The rooms at Kidani are a little larger and they do have an extra bathroom in the 1 and 2 BRs. The pool and water play area at Kidani is made for families. Except they didn't consider how many would need somewhere to sit in the shade.

There is lots of shade at the Jambo House pool. But there's not a water play area. There is a regular small play ground. The 2 BRs at Jambo House are only lockoffs. Kidani has dedicated 2 BRs.

Our family much prefers Jambo. Perfect combination of hustle and bustle with plenty of relaxing spots around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter