Where to Stay for Honeymoon!

Lsbutler2000

Earning My Ears
I am having trouble trying to decide which hotel to stay at for my honeymoon next year!

I most of them, but i was worried about too many children being around. I know many will be in school mid September, but things may be different there than they are here.

any suggestions on where to stay (we plan on the discovery magic plan)?

First, I would recommend putting a package together yourself. You will save oodles of money that way!!! Trust me. We went in Oct. '99, and Oct. '00 for our honeymoon and spent twice as much with a package (using a TA) than in Sept., '01 researching the best deals ourselves. And we stayed at a more expensive place this year! ('00- Poly, '01 GF!)

Sept. and Oct. are great months to go to the World. Neither resort was over run with children. We were so googley eyed we probably wouldn't have noticed.

Check out this site for discount codes: www.mousesavers.com. The discounts apply for all the resorts (varying levels of accomodations), tells about best buys for passes, etc.. Very worthwhile to visit.

Lastly, depending on what you like, I would recommend the Grand Floridian. It was so nice. We loved every minute. The Poly is nice too, but the Grand is premo!

Hope that helped!
Annemarie

Welcome to the DIS! I see this is your first post.

I second the Grand Floridian, if it is in your budget. It is a very elegant, "romantic" resort IMHO. There are some pictures of the resort in my gallery:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1527444&a=13341109&f=0

If you are looking for a moderately priced resort, Port Orleans Riverside is nice. And, annemariec is right--Sepetember/October is a more "quiet" time of year. So, you may see fewer children at the resorts than during peak periods. Happy Planning and congratulations!

:)

We stayed at Po Riverside for our honeymoon just this past Oct for 3 days before our cruise and we loved it. It was my 1st trip to WDW. I did not notice a lot of kids except in the food court in the morning, but then we did not do the pools. It was a lovely resort and very romantic. We walked around a lot at night because it was quiet and romantic. Wherever you go enjoy!

I'm not sure if they have the Discovery Magic Plan or not, but the Swan and Dolphin are both very nice, highly service oriented and more quiet than most of the Disney hotels. They offer many special rates which can make them more affordable than most Disney hotels too, plus you are within walking distance of EPCOT and MGM. Have a wonderful time!!

Some of the resorts are closing... check it out before you commit. Just a couple of moderates. But it would be a bummer if it was one you chose.

Keep us posted as to how your plans are shaping up! What an exciting time! Hope all is going well!

Take care,
Annemarie

Well, I've seen on different boards like the "Resort" boards, where there are some threads about people that are being displaced from Port Orleans and I think Port Orleans French Quarter. (Some abbreviations I'm still not familiar with.) I think it's just those two. I didn't even know they were seperate resorts! I believe I read that one of them isn't closing completly down, and I think it's for rehab. Don't quote me....

Be warned, some people are pretty upset about the way it's being handled. Personally, I think they have a right to vent. It's their opinion and that's what's the posts are about. So I read it and pretty much go on. There is something to be learned from everyone.

I've also read where people are upset about Disney not offering the ee days, late nights, and has closed some restaurants. I don't know how long that will be. The crowds were light. So we wouldn't have missed the ee anyway. No lines to speak of.

Like I stated before, we went in Sept., about 2 weeks after the tragedy. We had a really good time despite the climate of uncertainty and impendning war. The things that are good about Disney are still good in our book.

Anyways, you can probably call Central Reservation Office (CRO) and ask them about resort closings. I don't have that number. If you need help finding it let me know. I'll see what I can do.

Annemarie

It really depends on what you like, as to which resorts would be best for your honeymoon.

We were married in WDW on August 24, 2001. We went down to Disney on August 18, and stayed through August 30 (at which point, we headed onto the Disney Cruise for 3 days). During our stay, we stayed at 4 different resorts. We love to resort-hop during our stay, and thoroughly enjoy seeing more than one resort. It makes the trip more magical for us!! And Disney will transfer all your luggage for you, so there's no hassle.

We spent the first three nights at the Polynesian, followed by 3 nights in a Savannah-View room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our wedding night and two nights thereafter were spent in the Honeymoon Room at the Wilderness Lodge, and the last three nights were at Coronado Springs - where we received a free upgrade to a Junior Suite! The Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodges were our favorites... romantic, cozy, and beautiful, nothing quite compares, in our minds. I think both the WL and AKL are perfect for honeymooners!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!