• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to spend Halloween in SoCal?

Ember

<font color=blue>I've also crazy glued myself to m
We are brand new LA residents.

We have Disney Halloween tickets for Oct. 24th, but is there anywhere else fun to go on the 31st? I've been looking online but most of the events are either distinctly child-oriented or are a booze fest. I just want to dress up (in my Merida costume!) and have some fun. (I don't mind alcohol at all, but I don't drink... and watching other people get drunk isn't overly fun after about the first hour, so a party that is little more than an excuse to consume copious amounts of drinks isn't really my thing.)

Any ideas??

Danny Elfman is conducting a musical tribute to Tim Burtons movies with a live orchestra and chorus at the Nokia Theater.

We will be there at the same time and plan to go to downtown Disney for Halloween night. We have Mnsshp on the 27th and plan on Universal's Horror Night on the 30th. This will be my first Halloween at Disneyland and I am a huge Nightmare Before Xmas fan. We have been several times in WDW but they don't do the mansion thing.

Have a blast!
Nate

Do you think people will dress up for an evening in Downtown Disney?

I'm a new Los Angeles resident, too! Someone recommended the West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval to me. It's from 6-11PM on Santa Monica Boulevard in WeHo, and there is live entertainment and food vendors. I'm assuming that since it begins at 6 and ends at 11 that it's not a crazy booze-fest, but the photos from the event in past years make me think that it's great entertainment for adults. Here's the website with more info - http://www.visitwesthollywood.com/halloween-carnaval/

I'm a new Los Angeles resident, too! Someone recommended the West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval to me. It's from 6-11PM on Santa Monica Boulevard in WeHo, and there is live entertainment and food vendors. I'm assuming that since it begins at 6 and ends at 11 that it's not a crazy booze-fest, but the photos from the event in past years make me think that it's great entertainment for adults. Here's the website with more info - http://www.visitwesthollywood.com/halloween-carnaval/

It's kind of a booze fest, especially near the bars. Also, be prepared for exposed body parts and exposed prosthetic body parts, if that's something you might be sensitive to.

It's kind of a booze fest, especially near the bars. Also, be prepared for exposed body parts and exposed prosthetic body parts, if that's something you might be sensitive to.

Thanks for the heads-up! How does it relate in to an event like Mardis Gras? That kind of craziness, better or worse?

Thanks for the heads-up! How does it relate in to an event like Mardis Gras? That kind of craziness, better or worse?

Well, since everyone's definition of craziness can differ, let's just say that we are pretty conservative (not bizarre conservative, but not "hey, A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G. goes!" if that makes sense), and we steer clear of WeHo on Halloween. We happened through there years ago and really felt uncomfortable. Hope that helps.

I think one of the reasons DL is so popular on Halloween is because of the people who are trying to find something fun to do that isn't a freak/creep show or booze fest. At least, that certainly is why we keep returning to DLR every Halloween.
If you like swing dancing, there will be a Mouseketeer night (dress as a Mouseketeer!) in DtD by ESPN Zone. Live band, dancers, fun time.

ETA: Have you looked into the Pirates Dinner Adventure in Buena Park near DLR (http://www.piratesdinneradventureca.com)?
They have a Halloween themed dinner every night in October (so you could go on the 31st) where kids and adults can dress up. Maybe that would work with the Merida costume?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter