Where to sit!

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
ok, we are planning be of our days so that we can really get a good seat to watch the fireworks in front of the castle. I have been so many times and never get a good place.

What time should we camp out on dec 26th and where? It seems like I will find a bench and sit and wait and then the cast members come and move us all.

Just want to do it right for once!!

December 26? At a guess, I would think you would need to devote at least 4 hours to waiting if you want a prime spot. When we were there Thanksgiving week, there were people securing their fireworks spots immediately after the 6 PM parade, so they were planning on a 3-hour wait. December 26 is likely to be a crazy packed day unless it rains heavily, and even then many of the crowds will stick around.

It's going to be a VERY busy day. If you really want to camp and get a great seat, I'm guessing 3 hours early. It's insane.

I agree- you are going to need to devote a good deal of time to this. The second parade looks to be at 4:30pm that day. I'd probably be prepared to grab a spot right after that...

...What time should we camp out on dec 26th and where? It seems like I will find a bench and sit and wait and then the cast members come and move us all...
There is a bench on the North side of the Hub, just west of center -- GREEN ARROW
This is likely the best seated view of the castle, without taking a VIP Tour.
The North Spoke and East Crescent of the the Hub will be reserved -- RED AREA
fireworks_bench.jpg

FYI - I am not sure if this is normal or not, but last week the CM would not let anyone in the hub sit for fireworks. At 9pm we were told we had to stand and fill in all available space (fireworks were at 9:30pm I believe). Even people seated on benches were told they needed to stand.

FYI - I am not sure if this is normal or not, but last week the CM would not let anyone in the hub sit for fireworks. At 9pm we were told we had to stand and fill in all available space (fireworks were at 9:30pm I believe). Even people seated on benches were told they needed to stand.

Yes, this is typical. You are allowed to sit and wait but are asked to stand closer to show time. In my experience the instruction to stand comes more like 15min before showtime but I'm sure it can vary. When people do stand up, this often frees up some space as folks tend to spread a bit more while waiting.

I can't speak specifically to if people on benches are asked to stand, but I'd think you would want to stand since there will be people standing in front of you and you won't be able to see much if you remain seated on the bench...

Yes, this is typical. You are allowed to sit and wait but are asked to stand closer to show time. In my experience the instruction to stand comes more like 15min before showtime but I'm sure it can vary. When people do stand up, this often frees up some space as folks tend to spread a bit more while waiting.

I can't speak specifically to if people on benches are asked to stand, but I'd think you would want to stand since there will be people standing in front of you and you won't be able to see much if you remain seated on the bench...

I asked about the benches and was told Disneyland is having a problem with locals camping out on benches and selling their spots to other guests :confused3. Thus, they are now asking people seated on benches to stand to prevent this from happening.

I'm ALWAYS amazed at the number of people who will bring grandma and park her on a bench for the entire day to save parade or fireworks spots.

We are willing to wait and have 2 adults/scooters and 2 kids. Hopefully there will be some place to park and wait?!?

You want to get your spot near the castle as soon as the last Christmas parade passes by.
As stated before, the left side of the hub facing the castle. As the middle and right side is usually blocked off due to the VIP area
However, instead of a bench get the curb up to where the VIP area is roped off.
This way when the fireworks start, you can stand on that curb and be above the people directly in front of you.

Then just pray that that they don't cancel the fireworks.

ME

I'm ALWAYS amazed at the number of people who will bring grandma and park her on a bench for the entire day to save parade or fireworks spots.
My mom loved doing that! She would bring a paperback and knitting. She would chat with CM's and other guests all day - Mickey would always stop by to get a kiss from her. Us kids would bring her coffee or cider and we would all gather with her for dinner. To my beloved mom that was the way she loved spending a day at Disneyland.

Mom2joce, we prefer to be right in front of the Christmas tree in Town Square rather than the hub. You might want to consider that spot. You will have to get there a few hours before the parade and then stay.

You want to get your spot near the castle as soon as the last Christmas parade passes by.
As stated before, the left side of the hub facing the castle. As the middle and right side is usually blocked off due to the VIP area
However, instead of a bench get the curb up to where the VIP area is roped off.
This way when the fireworks start, you can stand on that curb and be above the people directly in front of you.

Then just pray that that they don't cancel the fireworks.

ME
We stand on that curb every time. That extra boost of height seems to help.

Just a tip if they tell you to fill in all the gaps DON'T!!! Keep space in front of you so you can actually see the castle. When I was there in October for the Forever fireworks - we were in the hub near Frontierland. We were told to stand and move forward. I stood but we stayed where we were. We ended up having about a 3ft space in front of us at 5'4" that was the perfect amount to be able to see the castle with having to look between people.

Also one of my favorite places to see the fireworks is on Main street on the just off the street ( on the curb) by the little red wagon. I can usually get that spot 20-15 minutes before fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter