Where to request at OKW

ftballfan7

DIS Veteran
Tomorrow morning I will be calling at the 7th month mark to make a reservation at OKW. We have never stayed there before, but have visited and almost bought there before my wife fell in love with AKV. I am very much looking forward to staying there. For this portion of the trip we are staying in a 1 bdr and with 2 teens will be making use of the sleeper chair. We would like to be close to the Hospitality House, but after doing a search on this subject apparently all of the HH category rooms are set up so that you have to access the bathroom through the master bedroom. Not really sure how this works, but definately something we want to avoid. Can anyone confirm this? Are these the only villas at OKW set-up like this? Also I have my doubts whether any HH villas will be available at the 7th month mark. We will have our own car, so although we may use the busses some, it is not a major consideration. Anyone have any suggestions?

Although, we are leaning towards wanting to be reasonably close to Hospitality House, we stayed at SSR one year pretty remote from the main pool and quickservice there and loved it. We liked the quiet pool and easy walk to DTD, so if you favor a remote OKW location I would be interested hearing where and why. Thank you for any assisstance.

We've stayed at OKW a few times. It's my understanding that older builders, aka originals, had that set up. Further out from the HH have the double entrance to the bathroom through the laudry room. This past october we stayed off of Southpoint road which was a good one, and Turtle pond road is pararllell to that and a bit closer. Remeber the resort isn't that big and you can walk to the HH in abot 10-15 mins from the furthest points.

The buildings numbered 29 and lower have the one bathroom entrance set-up to my understanding. It is much less convenient when you have someone sleeping in the living room.

I'm a fan of the Turtle Pond area in units with a golf course view. As the PP said, it's not a bad walk from there to the main area, plus I'm a fan of the "quiet" pool in that area.

We just got back from there and had a 2BR near the HH in building 14 (and we did have to access master bath from master br, but we had a bathroom in the second br as well). If you will have a car and can avoid the buses (which I'd definitely recommend), I'd say request one on the waterway (45, 46 or 55)...and maybe top floor (no noisy neighbors above you). There's a quiet pool right between 46 and 55 too...as well as a bus stop pretty close by (which you can hop on and then get off at HH for pool/shopping/food/boat to DTD). Building 55 would be ideal...IMO. The boats go by on the waterway, though, in case that may bother you. They do stop at 11:30 pm.

Thank you for all of your opinions and please keep them coming. I will be going over all of this great input tonight with the bride to decide what we want to request. :thumbsup2

We stayed at OKW in November and stayed in Building 42 on Turtle Pond Road. While we did feel we were quite a distance to the main area (no car) we did love being so close to the quiet pool and snack bar. We were fairly close to the bus stop and you can pick up any bus to go to the main area as it's their last stop.

We've stayed in 2br villas at OKW a few times and always ask for building 30 or higher. As mentioned, you share the same bathroom (mbr has it's own sink and whirlpool), but there is access to it from the living area through the laundry room and the kids do not need to go through the bedroom.

We like the Turtle Pond area probably the best and buildings 32 and 33 as they are near the bus stop.

Is there food service at all the quiet pools? What kind of selection do they have? Do they have bar service there? Thanks again.

Our favorite areas (not HH category) are first...45 and 46. These have great views of the canal and are a quick 5-7 minute walk to HH on a nice sidewalk. Second would be Miller's Road, but you will want to stay away from that area, since it too will not have the extra door to the bathroom. Third would be any other South Point building. LOVE that the South Point bus stop is 2nd when coming back to the resort, so a quick trip back to your bed.:thumbsup2

I am sitting here in the Orlando airport on my way home from out first stay at OKW. We only stayed in a studio, so I can't directly answer your question, but I do want to comment on the resort itself. My husband and I stayed at OKW in building 13 (accross from HH) from Dec 31-Jan6. We really enjoyed our stay. The resort is lovely and relaxing. If you catch the bus to go to a park or downtown, you will be the last stop before exiting the resort. Coming home from the park HH is the last stop, but if you get off at the first stop (Peninsular Rd), it's a very short walk to HH. The bus service to/from the parks is so far the best we've experienced (it was our 5th trip). There is also an internal resort shuttle. The staff here are all extremely helpful and friendly. The gift shop is nice and has anything you might need, Olivia's was ok, snack shop also was fine. This was a trip for Mom and Dad only, but we wouldn't hesitate to bring our children here, the Community Hall looked fun, and the main pool was very nice.

Posting this from our dedicated 2 bedroom villa on the top floor of building 46. It is quite lovely. We will be spoiled by staying in this villa if we ever stay at OKW again. We have the most wonderful view of the canal - and since we are on the top floor, we don't hear our neighbors. It is a very quick walk to our Southpoint bus stop. It is such a relaxing resort. We have loved having the 2 bedroom for our family of 4. Having the teen/preteen boys in their own bedroom has been wonderful.

I am sitting here in the Orlando airport on my way home from out first stay at OKW. We only stayed in a studio, so I can't directly answer your question, but I do want to comment on the resort itself. My husband and I stayed at OKW in building 13 (accross from HH) from Dec 31-Jan6. We really enjoyed our stay. The resort is lovely and relaxing. If you catch the bus to go to a park or downtown, you will be the last stop before exiting the resort. Coming home from the park HH is the last stop, but if you get off at the first stop (Peninsular Rd), it's a very short walk to HH. The bus service to/from the parks is so far the best we've experienced (it was our 5th trip). There is also an internal resort shuttle. The staff here are all extremely helpful and friendly. The gift shop is nice and has anything you might need, Olivia's was ok, snack shop also was fine. This was a trip for Mom and Dad only, but we wouldn't hesitate to bring our children here, the Community Hall looked fun, and the main pool was very nice.

We were there Dec 20-26 and the buses were terrible...30 minute waits 8 out of 10 times. Don't know if they were short some staff due to the holidays or what. We were in building 14 which was nice because my inlaws were with us and my MIL has bad knees (we also requested and got the 1st floor...heard kids stomping around above us late at night...like 1-2 am). If I were to stay at OKW again, though, I would not request HH area as it's kind of busy and noisy (could hear the buses while in bed).

Posting this from our dedicated 2 bedroom villa on the top floor of building 46. It is quite lovely. We will be spoiled by staying in this villa if we ever stay at OKW again. We have the most wonderful view of the canal - and since we are on the top floor, we don't hear our neighbors. It is a very quick walk to our Southpoint bus stop. It is such a relaxing resort. We have loved having the 2 bedroom for our family of 4. Having the teen/preteen boys in their own bedroom has been wonderful.

This is exatly where I would request to stay next time...top floor and everything. It was especially nice to come back on the boat at night and see all the balconies decorated with lights (and villas with Christmas trees).

Our last (before our Dec trip), and only other, visit to OKW we stayed in building 39 (Turtle Pond area) and it was very quaint and not at all busy...very tranquil. And we loved the quiet pool there (snack bar has CS type food and I think you could get adult drinks there too...not completely sure though). The only problem there was that our villa overlooked the Bonnet Creek Parkway and we were awoken to landscapers cutting the grass along the parkway at like 6 am one morning. And we could occasionally hear vehicles on the parkway. 38, 39 and 41 are all along the parkway...some parts of those builings don't overlook the parkway though....the part we were in did.

I am heading to OKW in 2 weeks and I was wondering the same thing.

Looking to request a room...can I request a building...or are general requests better?

I want to be in newer 1 bdrm (as my mom will be with us) and the second entrance to the bathroom is ideal...but I don't want to be too far from the HH, Looks like buildings 45/46 would be prefect.

I don't mind a walk to the HH, but I will have 3 young kids with me (one is 2) and the shorter the distance, the better...

Thanks for your knowledge!

We just returned from building 30. We loved the location and closeness to both hospitality house and the turtle pond pool. However the first floor STUNK!! We thought we would love the ease and convenience of the first floor and we did. However we heard our 2nd floor neighbors night and day. They must have been conducting military training exercises or marching band practices throughout the day. I think the laminate flooring in the living area has taken away any noise absorption. The noise level really impacted our trip. I would definitely request top floor going forward.

We just returned from building 30. We loved the location and closeness to both hospitality house and the turtle pond pool. However the first floor STUNK!! We thought we would love the ease and convenience of the first floor and we did. However we heard our 2nd floor neighbors night and day. They must have been conducting military training exercises or marching band practices throughout the day. I think the laminate flooring in the living area has taken away any noise absorption. The noise level really impacted our trip. I would definitely request top floor going forward.

There's definitely a noise issue but it is controlable if people are aware. The first night we were there we had a terrible family above. This was our first trip to OKW so we had no way of knowing if this was typical noise. They were awful. It sounded like running, jumping, stuff being dropped, dragged etc. This went on till about 1 am and kept most of us up then it started up again at 5 am which woke DH and I right up. We think they checked out that day. (We checked in on a Friday so they must have been on the tail end of their trip)

When we were eating breakfast maintenance had come by and was power washing their patio.(No warning to us and we were sitting on our patio. A huge deluge of water started coming down and we ended up having to go inside. A warning would have been nice)

That night we could tell people were there and were there all week but the noise level and sounds were what you would expect to head. Just the occasional person walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter