Where to go to ask questions about other cruises like NCL and Carnival

Yes cruisecritic is s wealth of information!!
I have wondered why RCCL has the only other cruise board here though.
Kerri

What would you like to know we have sailed DCL , RCCL , CCL & NWCL

Thanks. We have only done DCL. Thinking about sailing Carnival Breeze or NCL Getaway or EScape. Only willing to try another line if it is a new ship. Have you sailed any of these? Is milk or juice included at dinner for kids? Was any of the nightly entertainment shows not good for kids to see (6&7)? Do they have info sheets everyday like DCL so you know what is doing on on the ship? Do they have inside movie theaters like disney? I think I read that Carinval charges for IMAX, do you know how much? That's all I can think of right now. Thanks again.

Thanks. We have only done DCL. Thinking about sailing Carnival Breeze or NCL Getaway or EScape. Only willing to try another line if it is a new ship. Have you sailed any of these? Is milk or juice included at dinner for kids? Was any of the nightly entertainment shows not good for kids to see (6&7)? Do they have info sheets everyday like DCL so you know what is doing on on the ship? Do they have inside movie theaters like disney? I think I read that Carinval charges for IMAX, do you know how much? That's all I can think of right now. Thanks again.

We LOVED the Breeze !!!! We recently sailed the Allure. While we thought that ship was amazing. The Breeze & The Allure hold top spots in or books. We've sailed the Breeze 3 times

Yes, milk and I think he had apple juice in the dining room.

Entertainment varies. There are shows that you can take young children too. And shows like the comedy show that you can't ;)
On the Breeze there is a movie Theatre I think it was Price: one time entry ticket - $7.95; unlimited entry ticket for the entire cruise - $14.95
The Theatre is very small but fun.

Getaway was nice but I'd sail the Breeze again any day!

I'm not sure what you budget is for a Stateroom but we sail in a Grand suite. Absolutely LOVE the extra room and the huge walk in closet!

Yes they put a copy of the daily activities in your stateroom just like DCL.

Have you thought about the Allure as well. The Dream works Characters were awesome on it. Lots of meet and greats. Parade's..etc.

Thanks. We have only done DCL. Thinking about sailing Carnival Breeze or NCL Getaway or EScape. Only willing to try another line if it is a new ship. Have you sailed any of these?

I've been on NCL Epic and loved it. We were booked on Escape for this year but switched it to the Breakaway next year.

Is milk or juice included at dinner for kids?

Pass as I don't have kids.

Was any of the nightly entertainment shows not good for kids to see (6&7)?

I personally didn't feel that Cirque Dreams would have been 6&7 year old appropriate but there were kids that age watching. I believe the newer ships have PG shows, instead of PG-13 We had a comedy show which was divided into three age groups each night (PG, PG-13 and 18+) so you can pick which one to go to.

Do they have info sheets everyday like DCL so you know what is doing on on the ship?

Yes

Do they have inside movie theaters like disney?

No

I think I read that Carinval charges for IMAX, do you know how much?

I thought IMAX was only going to be on their newest ship, Vista. I've never sailed Carnival, sorry!

That's all I can think of right now. Thanks again.

Answers in bold.

Yes cruisecritic is s wealth of information!!
I have wondered why RCCL has the only other cruise board here though.
Kerri

It's also the line most directly in competition for DCL's demographic (middle class families with kids).

If you cruise on NCL Breakaway, Rock of Ages is definitely not for kids. I'm not sure about the shows on the other ships, but you can find out easily on CruiseCritic.

yep they will branch out, there will be shows you can take the kids to and some that are not for kids. Even DCL has adult cabaret in the evenings.

we get lots of info at cruise critic.

We are booked for the breeze next january. We went on a Disney cruise in December and over a year ago went on the Carnival Dream. We really enjoyed our Disney cruise but can't afford that trip every vacation so we are booked on Carnival again. We told the kids and they are excited even though its not disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter