Where to go after VMK?

I'm going to be optimistic about VMK's future until the 22nd rolls around, but in the slim chance the game does go away, I'm going to try a game I'm skeptical about, but if that turns out to not be legit, I'll be signing up for Nicktropolis. I refuse to let Disney profit off of me for something that isn't VMK.

I can't keep my sound on because of the constant "Blah blah" noise the characters make. What were the game designers thinking? :headache:

I am actually getting used to gaia it's more for teens ( When I Say That I Mean Do Not Let Small Children Or Anyone Under 13 On! ) But if you stay out of the public areas it's cool. But it doesn't come close to what VMK is to me. But Still It's The closest thing and is fun.

What's pickles?

I've built a profile and I'm building a house on Gaia. Also, looking at Habbo Hotel, but I'm a little leary based on what I've read here.

If you're out and about on either, my user name is gdulaney.

Ginny

I like habbo, i've played it before, and I left. I guess I didn't like it before because I would compare it with VMK and just look at the bad sides of it. now that I haven't played VMK in a while, I don't really compare it. Example: The characters look a little bit.. square.. or the little mover clicky thing.

Okay, I've had a change of heart. Rather than go to Nicktropolis, I think I'm going to try Cartoon Network's FusionFall. That game looks amazing. I just hope it's as good as it looks.

That Xivio game looks too disgustingly cutesy for me. I'll be staying away from that one.

Okay, I've had a change of heart. Rather than go to Nicktropolis, I think I'm going to try Cartoon Network's FusionFall. That game looks amazing. I just hope it's as good as it looks.

That Xivio game looks too disgustingly cutesy for me. I'll be staying away from that one.

Yes i'm on it now I seriously doubt i'll stay here for another few minutes this game is horrible and I think the XMK ballons are a refrence to VMK.

I have found Lego Universe which looks promising to me. It is not opening till late fall/winter. I showed both my kids the trailer and site and they are both excited to give it a try. From what I have read it will be community based with tasks that can be accomplished individually or as a group with friends to unlock secret areas within the game.
Here's the links to check it out

Lego Universe
http://universe.lego.com/en-US/default.aspx

Trailer of the site
http://kotaku.com/gaming/exclusive/the-lego-universe-trailer-271566.php
From Wiki - (A trailer has been leaked showing concepts of the game. These include Character customization using the traditional LEGO method, a workshop where a car is created from LEGO bricks, a LEGO city populated with sets from numerous different Themes, and a short theatrical battle between an eye-patched LEGO minifigure and a "Darkling")

While being a little Lego girl does not exactly thrill me, I know my kids are excited about it. I cant wait to see what it will offer for adults and how easy the game is or isn't.

it also said anyone subscribing will be canceled so they can have at least 60 days to play free lol i find it funny bc i spent 100 real dollars getting money through paypal to start the game up with stuff like a house etc and now its garbage arg what can you do i just know i will never invest in another game again

I totally agree. In Second Life, players there discourage you to spend real money to get things. You can actually make in world money by doing odd things. I judged a room creating contest and was paid 250. After playing second life for a while, I tried kaneva.com which I found second best to Second Life. I found out you can take real university classes on Second life as well. The US Geological Survey has some stuff on there too. So far, I am liking it but do dearly miss the wonderful VMK magic

The saddest part about this thread, is not that others are looking for something to replace VMK, but that there doesn't seem to be anything that appeals to us all. VMK is such a unifying game, it brings together young and old, male and female, gamers and non gamers. That Disney has the ability to do that, and yet is willing to throw the game away .. just renders me speechless. Seems that Disney can't see the forest for the trees! Trees .. who needs trees, cut them down .. sell it for lumber $$ :eek:

wonderland.jpg

Does anybody believe this will be around forever :laughing: :laughing:

the avatars are so tiny. They are the same type that they use on Kanevaworld.com and is just as bad. Looks kind of funky to me.

I totally agree. In Second Life, players there discourage you to spend real money to get things. You can actually make in world money by doing odd things. I judged a room creating contest and was paid 250. After playing second life for a while, I tried kaneva.com which I found second best to Second Life. I found out you can take real university classes on Second life as well. The US Geological Survey has some stuff on there too. So far, I am liking it but do dearly miss the wonderful VMK magic

This sounds like a fun educational site, but it's also a haven for pedophiles. I saw on either CNN or Foxnews that the poilticians are trying to do something about this site because of some of the rooms. There are sex parties and even rooms where you can be raped or rape someone. Yes, I know other sites have sex party rooms but not sure about rape rooms. As a survivor of abuse this is one gamesite I will be staying far away from.

NVM you rounded something on your picture but you are laughing at if the game will stay open forever >_> IMO those games stay as far as they are ppl willing to play and buy items with real money.

This sounds like a fun educational site, but it's also a haven for pedophiles. I saw on either CNN or Foxnews that the poilticians are trying to do something about this site because of some of the rooms. There are sex parties and even rooms where you can be raped or rape someone. Yes, I know other sites have sex party rooms but not sure about rape rooms. As a survivor of abuse this is one gamesite I will be staying far away from.

Like I said before, this is for adults and not for kids at all. You can stay away from the "Yucky" stuff. (which in my opinion, these sex rooms are.) Have never been in one, even accidentally on Second Life. There are help islands where there are mentors to help you with this and other things. If someone ever gets rude or inappropriate, there is a "report" button which you click on. It takes a screen shot of what is actually being done and said. (No reason to worry about a he said /she said thing) After reporting one person, they were gone in a matter of seconds to a minute. Since this game is on 24/7 and their support staff is on at the same time, seems to be alot of them too, I have never had to worry about anything for more than a few seconds. I am even brushing up on the few languages I know, since there are players from all over the world there.

You can create anything there. It's a virtual world where anything is possible. I like the creativity of it.

Well, I broke down. I wanted to wait and see if VMK would still be around on May 22nd before signing up for FusionFall, but I was afraid that they wouldn't be accepting any more beta testers by then, so I signed up last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter