Where to get groceries?

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
I think I read somewhere here that you could preorder your groceries and have them waiting when you got to the store. How do you know what the selection at the store is?

Also, we will be using Tiffany Towncar, is there a certain store we have to use, or will we just tell the driver where to go to pick up our groceries?

Thanks

I am wanting to know also! We haven't decided if we are renting a car or using Tiffanytown car. Thanks!

There is a Publix on 192, very close to WDW. We have always used them to buy groceries, but we have always rented a car to get there.

I have used Tiffany's Town Car twice already and we are using them in two weeks. They do bring you to the grocery store for 1/2 hour. We have used Publix and were very satisfied.

Tiffany's are great !

HAVE FUN!

we've used Tiffany Town Car the last 3 or 4 times, and will be using them again in a few weeks. We have done the 1/2 hour gorcery stop at Publix and were quite satisfied. We picked up some bottled water and some fresh fruit. There were no lines, and were probably in and out in 10 minutes.

We have shopped at the Publix at 192 & SR 535 in the past and also at the Walmart super center that is about 2 miles east of publix on 192. (Behind Midevil times) We found the food to be quite a bit cheaper at Walmart. (It appeared that the Publix had convience sized items; 1/2 pound of bacon,etc...for condo guests -AT higher convience sized prices) Walmart will be busier, but they have almost anything you would need. Have a great vacation.

random question, but does anyone know if there are any 24-hour Publix's in Orlando? I've never been to a 24-hour supermarket and was just curious, my friend told me she's seen them in Miami before.

Thanks!

The grocery store near the gate is a tourist rip-off (I forget what it was called). They wanted to charge about $20-25 for a disposable camera when I was there in 2001.

We went to a WalMart on Sand Lake Road. Take #4 north to Sand Lake Road. Go east on Sand Lake Rd until you see the WalMart.

It was an enormous store with everything you could want in groceries etc. (If you are from Canada you are impressed by these things because we don't have stores that big yet.:) )

I was told by the clerk in the expensive store that this was the closest WalMart.

I got the same camera for <$10.

We have always gone to Walmart as well. It is a little farther thatn Publix, but worth the time to get the same prices you are used to at home.

Just avoid Gooding's. It is the absolute closest grocery store to WDW but the MOST expensive. It is owned by Disney and this is the store that the food would come from if you pre-ordered it. I think they only do this for the DVC resorts (OKW, WLV, BCV, BW) but not only if you are a DVC member. I am a DVC member and have never used this service because it is so expensive.:smooth: :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter