Where to get DAS, and when?

mchelle77

DIS Veteran
I'm going to WDW for a day solo next month and (for the first time BECAUSE I'm alone) planning on using the DAS. Is there a way to get this when I arrive the day before without having to pay for the parking? Or do I need to just go in early and enter AK (the first park I'll be visiting) to get it before using it that same day? Where exactly in AK do I go to get it?

I'll have my own car (can't do public transportation) but again, I'll be alone, so the more I can do before my one park day, the better I'll be.

Again, never used this before because I've always gone with someone who I can lean on when/if I have to, so I'm completely new to it. Thanks!

Are you staying on property? If so, you don't have to pay for theme park parking and can try to get a DAS at any park. They don't always have someone available outside the park to process the DAS though and there is no way to know until you are there at the park.
If you are staying off-property, then it would be first thing when you get to Animal Kingdom.

Also, be aware that DAS does not apply for any mobility issues - you will be asked to describe your need at Guest Services (inside the parks, we tried to activtate my son's DAS at Disney Springs a few weeks ago and they said it can only be done at the parks) and the CM will determine whether you are eligible for it or whether another assistive method will be more appropriate for you.

If its mobility related, they will direct you to a wheelchair or EVC - they will not issue a DAS for a mobility issue

For AK your get the DAS just to the right when you see the tree of life. The CM should ask you what your concerns are for the line if it has anything to do with mobility they will not issue you the DAS

Added in a picture of where the DAS is located at AK

Attachments

• 68E2DA58-76F7-4FA6-B3FE-4FE052556F8F.jpeg
    68E2DA58-76F7-4FA6-B3FE-4FE052556F8F.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I've done my research but thank you all for your input. It is not mobility related. (When I say lean on I don't mean physically lol ) And I am not staying on property this trip.

So to clarify, I have to be at the parks to get this, correct?

I've done my research but thank you all for your input. It is not mobility related. (When I say lean on I don't mean physically lol ) And I am not staying on property this trip.

So to clarify, I have to be at the parks to get this, correct?
Yes you need to go to the park to get the DAS you can not get it at Disney springs. Sometimes the GR outside the parks can do this for you but your will have to pay to park to do this. ( I guess you could go to Disney spring but then you would need to take a bus to one of the parks and back )

Also I would use other tools then just the DAS to help you thought your trip ( not knowing your concerns I can not help you ) but I find just reallying on the DAS alone is not enough for me

This is something that I had posted on a different thread regarding the same issue. But at the time, early August, someone said that the area around International Gateway had construction going on. Don't really know what the status of that is now.

We had ticket issues and didn't want to waste time in the morning straightening it out. We had dinner our first night at Cape May at Beach club. After dinner we took a boat over to international gateway and did it at guest relations there. So did not have to pay for parking.

From what I’ve read you can still park during the DAY still at resorts without a fee so just park at a resort and take the monorail, boat, bus or skyliner to one of the parks with a guest services window outside the park. We use Hollywood studio’s. We go the night before our first park day, last time there was only one person in front of us and it was very quick and done! Made day 1 much less stressful 😍

Just wanted to say congrats on your first solo trip. I also usually had someone with me to assist, so my first trip was exciting and yet a bit intimidating. Now I love travelling solo! DAS makes this possible for me.

From what I’ve read you can still park during the DAY still at resorts without a fee so just park at a resort and take the monorail, boat, bus or skyliner to one of the parks with a guest services window outside the park. We use Hollywood studio’s. We go the night before our first park day, last time there was only one person in front of us and it was very quick and done! Made day 1 much less stressful 😍

You can *sometimes* park at the resorts for a few hours. However if it's busy, or the resort has many guests with cars and the lots are fuller than usual, they will not allow you to park unless you have reservations for a restaurant or event in the resort. FW has really cracked down, and even Contemporary has been very hit or miss even with Uber drivers dropping people off.

You can *sometimes* park at the resorts for a few hours. However if it's busy, or the resort has many guests with cars and the lots are fuller than usual, they will not allow you to park unless you have reservations for a restaurant or event in the resort. FW has really cracked down, and even Contemporary has been very hit or miss even with Uber drivers dropping people off.
Good to know!! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!