Where to find the Universal Resort Rates?

DawnCt

<font color=red>Loves Mr. Toad's Wild Ride<br><fon
I have literally been going to Disney for years but we are considering a short trip to Universal Studios only. We would like to stay on site. Where should I look to find the best rates. I would consider going this year or for a long weekend this coming winter.

DawnCt,

The best rates are usually the Entertainment rates which you would need to have an Entertainment book to qualify for. There is also the Fan Club rate. AAA also offers discounted rates but they are usually not as disounted as the Entertainment rate.

I've been going to Disney for years as well. The thing that brought me to the dark side is the way Universal treats the onsite guests. The Express Pass to everything with virtually no standing in lines is outstanding. You might want to consider the following from Mousesavers:

2004 Stay 4 Nights and Play for FREE Package

Priced from $114 per adult, per night, this package includes:
4 nights hotel accommodations at one of the three on-site Loew's resorts: Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel or Portofino Bay Hotel
2 FREE Stay and Play tickets per booking, valid for 7 consecutive days of admission to both Universal Orlando theme parks
Universal Express ride access at your favorite rides and attractions
CityWalk Party Pass* - admission to Universal CityWalk entertainment venues for 7 consecutive days from the first day of use
1-Day admission to Wet 'n Wild - Orlando OR 1 dining experience at select Universal Orlando restaurants**
Plus, MouseSavers.com readers get a special $200 Vacation Savings Coupon Book at check-in by using the promotion code below.
Book this special offer by 1/2/04 for travel 1/2/04-6/19/04. Rates are per adult, per night, double adult occupancy based on a 4-night stay during value season 1/4/04-2/11/04 at the Royal Pacific Resort standard room. Tax included. Higher rates apply at the other hotels. Subject to availability, room type, hotel, and travel dates selected. Free night offer valid for stays through 12/23/03. Rates subject to increase during holiday dates. Blackout dates and restrictions apply. Parking fee for onsite overnight guests is charged per night. Other travel restrictions may apply. *Not valid for separately ticketed concerts and special events. Some venues may require age 21 or older for admission. Proof of ID required. ** Includes meal, non-alcoholic beverage, and tax.

You can get more details and reserve the Stay 4 Nights and Play for FREE Package online, or by phone at (877) 327-1517. Remember to use promotion code usavers to get your free $200 Vacation Savings Coupon Book

Call 1-800-BeAStar and ask what discounts are available for your dates. Ask about Entertainment and Fan Club rates.

Don't be discouraged if they tell you that discounts aren't out yet. They will be, but not yet. We are all waiting on next years.

Hi all, I'm very new to this board as you see by the number of posts!!
I am planning a trip to Universal next August and need all
the help I can get. We will be driving down from Pa. Is it better to book a package, or book hotels, then get tickets? I'm traveling with hubby and 2 kids, over 12yrs. Do the packages like the one mentioned above work out better for a family af four? I want to stay on site, but don't know the best place to go.
As you can see, I'll take any help I can get. I want to go about the 16th or 17th of August. Also since we are driving, i don't want to get there late at night and waste a night in a great place being tired!!
Thanking everyone in advance.:wave2:

It seems as if booking everything separately is the best (and cheapest) way to go. Getting a discount on the on-site room (through Ent. card, FAn club card or AP) could get you a room for as little as $99-125/night, according to these boards. There are passes available online that are $89pp for several days admission to both US and IOA (but you'd have to get them soon, I believe someone posted that that offer expires Dec. 31st?-it's still unclear, though, during what time period you can use the passes). The packages are good if you plan on doing other things (some include tx to Seaworld or a free meal, plus a coupon book). But it still seems as if you can get things cheaper the other way. Look as the first threads on the main Universal Studios page and you will see a thread that lists what people have paid for their 0n-site stays and what kind of discount they used. The prices shouldn't change by too much (hopefully ;) ). Welcome to the boards and enjoy the ride.:bounce:

Thanks, I have been reading about the Ent. book. I don't have one yet, but what kind of discounts are in there for universal? Does it specifically say a universal hotel?
If I'm not going till next August, should I really be booking my reservations now? And getting my tixs? Has anyone used Price line for an on-site hotel and good a good deal?
Sorry for all the questions!!
Thanks again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter