Where to find a friend

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
work no longer exist just found that out so just lost entire group

Church no way

I don't drink due to meds

So what choices do I have
For finding a friend I am looking for a new job

So sorry to hear of your job status! That's rough. My family has been through that situation. I'm sure you'll find another.

Keep contact with your former work colleagues. There is no reason you cannot remain friends outside of work -- maybe meet for lunch or dinner once a week or once a month. You can even attend happy hour and order a non-alcoholic beverage.

Other suggestions for finding friends in your community:
  • Volunteer -- hospital, library, nursing home, animal shelter
  • Do you have a hobby? Knitting, scrapbooking, reading, gardening, music, travel? Join a group. Check with your local library or recreation department, they may be aware of groups or willing to help you start one.
  • Join a gym or sign up for an exercise class offered by your local recreation department.
  • Go window-shopping downtown; stop in a different shops and meet the owners. If the store isn't busy, many are happy to chat. (I don't suggest this option on Saturday afternoons or other times the store has several customers.)
  • Is there an ARC organization in your community? I'm not sure what your challenges are, but my local ARC is very accepting of everybody. Find out if they have any activities that interest you or suggestions for volunteering.
  • Take a class at the local community college. Many are low-cost or could offer financial aid. You can take a class just because it's interesting, or something that might also help with your career.
Good luck and keep us posted on your job search!

That just stinks! I'm sorry about your job loss. :( We've been there before a few years ago but dh at least had a few months notice that his plant was closing.

You can try searching with your job title and zip code on indeed dot com. It usually brings up quite a few job listings. (I'm sure there are many other websites that are the same, I just happen to use indeed.)

Good luck!

Thanks everyone
Many Centers for Independent Living (CIL) offer groups for meeting other people. You can find the CIL in your area by using Google.
Finding friends is a gamble. I have lots of acquaintances, but to find someone I really click with is hard. Good luck.

Sorry about the job loss. Have you gone to Vocational Rehabilitation for their services in finding a new job? New funding has given them job development as a focus.

I fm a client and did not look into that

Shortly after I posted I got a invite at the place I am currently for kindergradenden oration(sp) so it is a start in the right direction

I can't belive they are dropping special end for the 2-5 were I am though

I work at Voc Rehab, Tink, so if this falls through and you have any questions, just message me.

As far as finding friends, that's hard. How come no to church (or do you mean you don't go)?

To answer the church question I thought I was being judged turned out I was being sensitive so I did give church another chance and it worked, honstly though it is hard to go sometimes when you think you are being judged don't worry I know better know

And thanks liberty bell

To answer the church question I thought I was being judged turned out I was being sensitive so I did give church another chance and it worked, honstly though it is hard to go sometimes when you think you are being judged don't worry I know better know

And thanks liberty bell

Some churches can be judgy. I belong to a very open minded church. I'm glad you found one that works for you. :)

So went to the Orientation last night and I do have a job next fall just diffrent then what I used to working with more then one teacher vrs one teacher and might be working remotely some

Congrats on the new job! That's always a time of anxiety for me, but I try to put my worries behind me and just do my best learning something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!