Where to find “I’m lost” charm for kid’s shoes?

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
I’d like to get a charm for my daughter’s Velcro shoes that has our cell but can’t find any on Etsy. Any links or shops you’ve used?

Go to the pet store, and engrave a tag with whatever you like. They come in dozens of shapes and colors. Usually, you can put 2-3 lines of information--perfect for putting her name and a cell #, or whatever you choose. They cost less than $10 (it's been a while, could be less).

We found vinyl magic band decals on Etsy (mad happy studio) including one that says “if found please call...” and they’ll put your number. That and a bitbelt to make sure the thing stays on.

Assuming kid has a magic band.

Or a child safety bracelet (I use a company called Mabel's Labels). When DS was small, I'd make a loop of it and put the shoe's Velcro through it.

Agree with the pp who used a "dog tag" and if you can wait until you get to Disney there are some really cute Disney designs.

Kids have outgrown the need for the shoe tag but we use them as luggage tags for suitcases, backpacks etc.

We did a pet tag for each that they wore on their lanyards when they were little. They also used the lanyards for pin trading so they were used to pulling it out. BUT, at my school where I work, we write our phone # on masking tape with Sharpie and tape it to the inside of the child's t-shirt. You can tell them to show a grown-up the tape if they get lost. just on the back where the tag is

I did Mickey shaped tattoos because I have an irrational fear of somebody stealing him and taking off his shoes to get rid of the tag. Yes, I know I need medicine. ;)

I had never thought of these before we left, and in the gift shop after the Living Seas, they had a machine that made pretty Nemo, Ariel etc. necklaces in which the machine engraved on them name and mom's cell phone #. The best purchase ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter