Where to eat?

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I’m having a really hard time figuring out my meals. (2 adults 2 kids 4 and 10 months)

Currently I have Inventions booked for our first night right at 6pm.

We have 2 other full days, I was thinking we would book 1 sit down meal a day, but I just can’t decided.

We have breakfast included at our hotel, so I was thinking we would skip the plaza breakfast, any suggestions?

Is Remys worth it? I could do that arrival day and inventions the 2nd day? What about Auberge de Cendrillon this looks a bit expensive but is the meal amazing?

Are any of the dinner shows worth it with two young kids?

Help someone tell me where to eat!

In my opinion, lower your expectations when it comes to food and Disneyland Paris. It's not the same as in the US parks.

To me the meal at the Auberge is not amazing, but I haven't been for a few years. It's not a bad meal, just nice. You pay for the characters. To be honest, I would do something like that when both your kids are a little older to enjoy the experience more.

There is only one dinner show, the Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show in the village, also I've never done this. Show looks a lot of fun, but the menu is not my thing.

At what time do you arrive on your first day? If it's in the afternoon, I would leave Inventions on your first day. The Studios close early and therefore the last dinner has to be even earlier. When the Studios close at 7, the latest dinner reservation at Remy's you can have is 5.
If you want to eat at Remy's I would check the kid's menu. This restaurant isn't about mac & cheese or chicken fingers. Is it something your child would eat?

Also I would have breakfast at the hotel, as a. it's already paid for, b. Disneyland Paris does not have pre-park opening breakfast. So breakfast during opening hours takes away from park time.

In my opinion, lower your expectations when it comes to food and Disneyland Paris. It's not the same as in the US parks.

To me the meal at the Auberge is not amazing, but I haven't been for a few years. It's not a bad meal, just nice. You pay for the characters. To be honest, I would do something like that when both your kids are a little older to enjoy the experience more.

There is only one dinner show, the Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show in the village, also I've never done this. Show looks a lot of fun, but the menu is not my thing.

At what time do you arrive on your first day? If it's in the afternoon, I would leave Inventions on your first day. The Studios close early and therefore the last dinner has to be even earlier. When the Studios close at 7, the latest dinner reservation at Remy's you can have is 5.
If you want to eat at Remy's I would check the kid's menu. This restaurant isn't about mac & cheese or chicken fingers. Is it something your child would eat?

Also I would have breakfast at the hotel, as a. it's already paid for, b. Disneyland Paris does not have pre-park opening breakfast. So breakfast during opening hours takes away from park time.

As always appreciate your feedback!

I’m more looking at the reservation to guarantee we sit down and eat:take a rest. We will probably arrive mid morning.

I think I’ll probably end up with remys and inventions....

The princess meal looks lovely, I’m just not sure it’s worth the additional cost...

I have a tentative plan I’ll probablt post shortly! Would love your feedback!

Are those the ages of the children now or when you travel?

Im only asking as Im not sure what your youngest will be eating at that stage but children under 3 eat free at all buffets.

At other restaurants you dont have to buy a children's meal for your youngest if you dont want to- they can share with you or the eldest child or sometimes you can just buy them a side dish (although I dont think there are any side dishes to order in Remys as its a fixed price menu)

Are those the ages of the children now or when you travel?

Im only asking as Im not sure what your youngest will be eating at that stage but children under 3 eat free at all buffets.

At other restaurants you dont have to buy a children's meal for your youngest if you dont want to- they can share with you or the eldest child or sometimes you can just buy them a side dish (although I dont think there are any side dishes to order in Remys as its a fixed price menu)

That’s the age at travel. I figure the baby if she is eating little bits she will have from our plates, mostly little tastes.

On our last trip we went to Remys, Blue Lagoon, The Steakhouse and Cali Grill. Of these I would recommend Remys as the atmosphere was really special and the food was decent.

Buffalo Bills is great and I would highly recommend it, but wait till you youngest is older. My husband and I have only seen half the show each trying to contend with a screaming toddler!!!

Totally agree with the earlier comment about lowering your food expectations compared to WDW, in fact DLP doesn't even begin to compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter