• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat first night?

cristen

DIS Veteran<br><font color="green">Yes, you need t
Hey everyone! We are getting into Orlando on April 26th at 3:30p. So we are not planning on going into a park that night. I was wondering where a good place to eat would be that night. We have ressies for that Thurs. for HDD show. We are also planning to eat at Boma's and WCC (we are staying at the WL). I was thinking about Cape May, 1900 Park Fare (is that what it is called?), WCC, or maybe do the Luau? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Chef Mickey's gets my vote!!

It is a character meal with a buffet that is very good and really gets you in the Disney mood. Lots of fun! I didn't make my PS early enough, and we can't go on our first night (unless they have an opening when I call that day:).

Have fun!!!!

All things being equal, I suggest eating where you are staying the first night. If you're planning on WCC, why not do it arrival night? This is especially true without a car, as bus transportation to another resort for dinner can be a pain. If you have a car and are not exhausted by your travel, then the World is at your disposal.

Cristen I am having the same thoughts as you. It is sooo hard to decide on where to go for your first night because there are soooooo many choices and all being wonderfull I might add.:) We are staying at the Dolphin with a group of 11:crazy: Therefore I am in charge of making dinner ressies:smooth: That way they can always blame me if all is not well:eek: I am going back and forth with CM, WC and Rainforst Cafe in DTD. Any other suggestions?? I love all the planning. It makes the trip last even longer. Let us know what you decide on. :wave2:

I had a hard time deciding on where to book us our first night in too.

Chef Mickeys won. I figured it would get us and the kids really in the mood for disney!

Have fun

Thanks for the responses. I forgot to mention that we will be doing (or trying to do) CRT and Chef Mickey's.

I tried this morning to get the cruise for Illuminations for the first night and it was booked up (by 7:04!!). I am the type of person who is very impatient when I get to Disney, and am very upset about not going to the parks. ::yes:: So I think we will go see the Luau, that way it will be an exciting first night. (I hope) can anyone tell me how they liked it?

Thanks again!

I vote for Chef Mickey's also. That is what we are planning on doing. I have tow cousins who always go their with their failies the first night. Really starts the vacation off right they say!

when we go we will be staying at FW campground. This si our first trip. Where is chef Mickeys exactly?

when we go we will be staying at FW campground. This si our first trip. Where is chef Mickeys exactly?

Chef Mickey's the first night when we travel with kids is always a must. We get there at 4:30 with no ressie and always have gotten in (we seldom were able to get a ressie, even though the place is pretty quiet right at 5 PM).

Chef Mickey is in the Contemporary..a short boat ride from FW campground.

Well, talked to the 6 year old. Asked her if she wanted to do the luau, or go see Mickey, gee guess what she said? So I guess Chef Mickey's it is!!

On our past two trips the first night we did Chef Mickey's one time and Rainforest Cafe in DTD the second time. I asked the kids where they want to eat our first night when we go back in November, and they voted for Rainforest Cafe. They enjoyed both of them, but my kids are really into the whole jungle animal thing, and they can't wait to see the snapping croc & the volcano and to watch the gorillas while they eat!

Our first night tradition is Chef Mickey's! We adopted the tradition from friend's of ours who also do Chef Mickey's on their first night! Fun!!

My family is also arriving on April 26th. We have reservations at Chef Mickey's for 7:00. We have done this twice before, so I asked my children DS (7) DD(5) whether they wanted to go somewhere different, but they insisted on going to Chef Mickeys!! The last time we were a little later and after supper we were able to browse through the shops and then go out on the balcony and watch the fireworks. It was a perfect start to our vacation!!

I vote for Chef Mickey's too!
That's where we are going on our first night too.
I did the Luau my last trip..it was OK, food fine, show kind of boring to me. It's not very "Disney" and I think Chef Mickey's will really rev everybody up and get them in the mood!

Susan,

I made our reservation for 7P also!! That is funny!

Last trip we had annual passes so we got to go straight to the parks. All other trips our tradition has been to spend an afternoon relaxing & walking around DTD and eating at the Rainforest Cafe. It is always very good & usually pretty crowded, too. Chef Mickey's is also a great suggestion, especially if you have kids. My hubby & I enjoy the breakfast at Chef Mickey's better - it seems a little less hectic for us. HTH! ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter