Where to eat @ DLP

RoyalCanadian

A Proud DVC Member @ SSR
Folks,

We will be spending a day @ DLP on Sept. 27 as a vacation from a 3 week vacation that is taking us through Great Britain and Paris. We will probably eat lunch and supper @ DLP -- there are probably three of us, DW & DD is 4 1/2. What suggestions do you have for eating at DLP? This will be DD's 1st Disney park experience.

cafe mickey in disney village is great for getting foto opportnuties with the characters rather than trying ot get fotos in the parks, noone queues up to do it, plus the food is great, i went for lunch and the same night went for evening meal(book in advance)

also the blue lagoon is apparantly great right by the pirates of the carribean ride

Yes, the Blue Lagoon is great - something a bit different. If you go at off peak eating hours, you are more likely to be able to sit by the water and watch the POTC boats float gently by.

Don't know about any of the other sit down restaurants in the Disneyland Park, (or anything about what's on offer at the Studios!) as we usually snack during the day and eat at the hotel in the evening. But Disney Village, which is a five minute walk from either park, has also has a choice of restaurants including Cafe Mickey, and the new King Ludwig's Castle. Haven't tried either I'm afraid, but there is some quite useful information on this site.

I hardly ever eat at the sit down restaurants in the park but Pizza Planet is ok, could be better though & it is usually busy too. The Silver Spur Steakhouse in Frontierland is good although I have only eaten there once.

The Rainforest cafe in the Village is really nice especially if you like smoothies.

Other then that we always eat in the hotel restaurants.

The Rainforest cafe do the best ribs I've ever had.
The food in Annabell's is lovely, massive portions too.
We ate at Planet Hollywood twice and wasn't impressed either time.
The Steakhouse was overated and over priced.
Walts was nice, and The Hunters Grill was lovely.
The Blue Lagoon is supposed to be lovely we'll be eating their next visit.
The setting is beautiful. The only reason we didn't eat there last time is because its a seafood restaurant and neither of us like seafood, but even if we just have a dessert or something we'll give it a go.

If you wanted to eat somewhere in Disney Village I throughly recommend Annettes Diner - the food is great and so is the atmosphere.

Every half and hour / hour or so they play a couple of songs and the waiters and waitress dance on the balcony, and in some cases on the bar (we asked if DD3 could go up and dance with them on the balcony, which she did and had a great time)

Have to agree with the Blue Lagoon recommendations - fantastic! Hopefully eating there this time next week for my b'day meal!

King Ludwig's is good, some interesting menu items. The service was a little slow when we went but it had just opened so maybe it was just teething problems and not knowing how many staff could cope etc..

Hello,

If DD is a Cinderella fan, then I recommend Auberge de Cendrillon. Really nice food,and great service, right in the Disneyland Park. Themed like the inside of Cinderella's castle with pictures of all the characters, Cindy's coach right outside etc. We took my then 4 1/2 year old and she was enchanted.

If you would like any more information about this please feel free to PM me :)

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter