Where should we eat on our DHS day?

MouseMama2017

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for suggestions for a table service meal on our DHS day - preferably for an early dinner so we can catch Fantasmic after. It doesn't have to be at DHS but could also be near the resorts our families are staying at - Pop and Carribbean Beach. We are a party of 10 w/ two toddlers, a five year old and infant. My SIL also has a gluten and dairy allergy. I've heard 50's Prime Time is great for accomdating GF allergies - any other options we should consider?

So far, I've got reservations at Sanaa, Ohana & Raglan Road for other days in our trip.

TIA!

Sci-Fi dinner they also have gluten free options and dairy free milkshakes. 50's prime time can be loud and if the infant can handle loud go for it.

I'm looking for suggestions for a table service meal on our DHS day - preferably for an early dinner so we can catch Fantasmic after. It doesn't have to be at DHS but could also be near the resorts our families are staying at - Pop and Carribbean Beach. We are a party of 10 w/ two toddlers, a five year old and infant. My SIL also has a gluten and dairy allergy. I've heard 50's Prime Time is great for accomdating GF allergies - any other options we should consider?

So far, I've got reservations at Sanaa, Ohana & Raglan Road for other days in our trip.

TIA!
I'm a fan of Swan & Dolphin Signatures:
https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com
But if a more casual place is your preference:
-- The Fountain is also inside Dolphin and has burgers & ice ream type of menu, similar to....
-- Beach & Cream....on the Boardwalk, just like....
-- ESPN Zone has better food than most folks would expect....
-- Trattoria al Forno is a lovely choice too....and also on the Boardwalk.

My kids love Sci Fi but it is dark and can be a little creepy for little ones. Hollywood and Vine is a fun character meal with Mickey and friends.

Hollywood and Vine surprised us last time and was fun and tasty. Not gourmet at all, but good. We love sci fi, it is dark and quiet. Seating might be tough for you all though. Not somewhere great for chatting.
No table service at Pop. We stay at CBR a lot but havent been to their new table service.

Hollywood and Vine surprised us last time and was fun and tasty. Not gourmet at all, but good. We love sci fi, it is dark and quiet. Seating might be tough for you all though. Not somewhere great for chatting.
No table service at Pop. We stay at CBR a lot but havent been to their new table service.

I liked H&V as well. The food was good, the characters a blast.

We LOVED and enjoyed our F! Dinner at the Hollywood Brown Derby....................

It was a real surprise on the food, so good and the service was tops, had an early ADR @ 5:30, loved the location, can not recommend it enough!

Sci-Fi, for us is more of a lunch type of place and to be honest the food is just, well it is ok, fair for sandwiches but there are better places to eat, IMHO.....

We find HS to be the park with the least interesting, most frequently not-well-prepared, food in all of WDW. In the park, we have had decent meals at 50sPT and Mama Melrose. Eating at SciFi is always a bust for us because of the seating arrangements and movies; it's really hard to relax and talk, and the food has always been "eh" for us. We usually go over to the Boardwalk area. We've had several good meals at Big River Grill & Brewery (?is that the name?), and friends enjoy ESPN. I've always wanted to try Ale&Compass at the Yacht Club (actually have CP breakfast there on 12/24). We usually catch the boat from DS to the Boardwalk, as everyone is tired after being in the park all day, but then walk back to HS, so we can let dinner settle, hahaha!

TIA!
@ DHS: HBD, ABC Commisary, which is a hybrid QS. You order your food from the counter and it's brought to your table that you choose yourselves.

@ Boardwalk : the Italian restaurant (can't recall the name) is always filled with families.

Caribbean Beach: Sebastion's

Where should you dine on your DHS day? Anywhere but DHS. Head over to the Epcot area hotels instead.
I've never had a problem with any of the food I've had in DHS, and I've actually quite well enjoyed most of it. I definitely wouldn't take time out of my day to go to a different park or to the boardwalk for food. Never understood the negative review of it because I've had quite the opposite experience.

We were really surprised by Mama Melrose. The mushroom flatbread appetizer was excellent. My picky son even enjoyed his pizza a lot. I don't know how the gluten free or dairy free would be there though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter