Where should I eat??

leebee

DIS Veteran
Now that I have a car for our offsite trip, I'm not tied down to Disney restaurants. SO... Where should we eat? Here at home we have the usual family chains (Olive Garden, Applebees, Chili's, TGIFridays, Uno, Ruby Tuesday, Red Robin) but I'm looking for something more interesting, more unique. NOT that we are opposed to chain restaurants if they are different from what we have at home, and GOOD... but we were hoping for something more eclectic. Any suggestions/recommendations? We WILL go to Raglan Road because I really liked it and I know DH will have a good time, but where ELSE should we be considering (and, we are doing a Universal day, so CityWalk isn't out of the question...)

The Chocolate Emporium at Citywalk is simply amazing. There isn't much in life that impresses me, but the desserts here are incredible.

If you’re looking for something lighter while at Universal, we absolutely loved the sandwiches at Bread Box at Citywalk. I know there are a few local chains that people rave about. I *think* Millers Ale House is one of them (pretty sure that’s the name - haven’t been myself).

Mia's Italian on I Drive! They have bottomless brunch on weekends, everything from lemon pancakes to Sunday gravy. SO good. Cowfish at CityWalk was pretty good too.

Celebration Town Tavern and Columbia House in downtown Celebration are very good.

The Chocolate Emporium at Citywalk is simply amazing. There isn't much in life that impresses me, but the desserts here are incredible.
Just the words you wrote are making me drool! Wow, the place sounds amazing - I need to go there.
:teeth:

If you would like to eat outside of the Disney area try Many's Chop House , on Hwy 192 at the Animal Kingdom end
There is an Olive Garden , Millers Ale Hose ( steaks ) Longhorn Steakhouse , & a Texas F SteakHouse all in the same area .

I was going to recommend The Knife. However, we haven't been in 2 years and now the reviews are not to promising. They're an Argentina steakhouse.

Another vote for Manny's Chophouse and Miller's Ale House.

Also, I have not visited the one on 192 but I have enjoyed the Bonefish Grill in another state.

Our favorite restaurants are
Longhorns
Carrabba's (on a Monday for Amour Mondays)
Cheesecake Factory at Mall of Millenia
Toojays at Dr Phillips
Bosphorus next door to Toojays
California Grill
Lunches
Sweet Tomatoes (to pretend we are being healthy!)
Steak n Shake (Great milkshakes)
Earl of Sandwich

We will be there on 19th September for 15 nights and looking forward to visiting all our favourites. We do try a couple of new restaurants each year but its been a while now since one has made it on to the repeat list. I am hoping to try The Melting Pot (consitently high on Trip Advisor) and Texas de Brazil, a bit pricey but looks amazing, but not sure I could really eat enough to justify the price, we'll see.

Our favorite restaurants are
Longhorns
Carrabba's (on a Monday for Amour Mondays)
Cheesecake Factory at Mall of Millenia
Toojays at Dr Phillips
Bosphorus next door to Toojays
California Grill
Lunches
Sweet Tomatoes (to pretend we are being healthy!)
Steak n Shake (Great milkshakes)
Earl of Sandwich

We will be there on 19th September for 15 nights and looking forward to visiting all our favourites. We do try a couple of new restaurants each year but its been a while now since one has made it on to the repeat list. I am hoping to try The Melting Pot (consitently high on Trip Advisor) and Texas de Brazil, a bit pricey but looks amazing, but not sure I could really eat enough to justify the price, we'll see.
We go to Fogo de Chao relatively frequently - its the same sort of place as Texas de Brazil. Love it! Plus, if you sign up for their email list, they send out $25 off coupons all the time. And you can use 2 per table. Makes it much easier on the wallet!

We just did a partial off site trip and coincidentally, our first dinner was at Raglan Rd! I did have mental plans to go to some area restaurants, but we ate in the off site parks (Sea World, Discovery Cove, Aquatica) and by the time we got back to the hotel late afternoon/evening, we were a bit tired and barely hungry. We did go to a Steak and Shake for take out. SLOW service. 45 min to get a few not -so- good burgers and some pretty good shakes, but one and done for me. Also wanted to try a "Cracker Barrel" but never got around to it.

I don't have any truly "local" recommendations but Bahama Breeze is a fun chain (part of Darden) with not that many locations elsewhere. Everyone in our group seems to enjoy the food there,

Teak Neighborhood Grill near Universal has AMAZING burgers and flatbreads. A must do on every trip for us. Orlando Ale House is great too, as well as Ichiban Buffet (two locations: one on 192 and the other on I Drive).

Cracker Barrel isn't all it's 'cracked'up' to be. :rolleyes1 They seem to vary wildly, however, so YMMV.
The menu is promising, and the food is usually adequate, but not anything to rave about.
Service (at the 3 close to us) ranges from grudging to horrid. DH thinks that the ones in the South do have better service though.

Cracker Barrel isn't all it's 'cracked'up' to be. :rolleyes1 They seem to vary wildly, however, so YMMV.
The menu is promising, and the food is usually adequate, but not anything to rave about.
Service (at the 3 close to us) ranges from grudging to horrid. DH thinks that the ones in the South do have better service though.

Cracker Barrel reminds me of Cysco food. Frozen reheated cafeteria food. Not a chef in the kitchen just a microwave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!