Where should a non-riding teen wait near 7DMT?

Rach3975

DIS Veteran
We're all roller coaster wimps in my family, but most of us can handle 7DMT! In Nov we have a PPO BoG reservation on an EMM morning. We're hoping to be near the front of the standby line, but presumably they won't let us ride until right as the rope drop crowd arrives. My 15 year old may decide he likes his roller coaster wimp status too much to ride 7DMT! A couple of questions.

If he comes through the queue with us then decides not to ride, where would he exit?

When you're there, is it obvious where to go to get from the queue to where finished riders exit?

Thanks for the help! If it's chaotic when the RD crowd arrives, he may be a little freaked out about being on his own in it if he's not sure where to go. (If he's really uncomfortable one of us parents will go with him instead of riding, but I think he'll be fine if he's prepared and knows where to go.)

When you exit 7DMT, if you look straight ahead and a hair to the right, there’s a partial castle wall (for lack of a better description? That’s what it looks like to me) that has a bench wall - that’s a great place for him to sit and wait if he doesn’t want to ride! You’ll see this wall/bench straight in front of you as you leave BOG and head to 7DMT. (Imagine BOG and 7DMT as making the two ends of an L - this bench/wall is at the point of the L)

I don't ride it. When my friends rode, I stood outside and took pictures of them on the ride. It's not easy to spot your group while they are on the ride, so maybe you could challenge your teen to get pictures? I did this when they rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad also.

My teen came through the que with us and there is a place to stand right where you exit. As you come up to the ride, just tell the cm he is not riding and they will show him where to stand. You will see him where you get off and off you go

My teen came through the que with us and there is a place to stand right where you exit. As you come up to the ride, just tell the cm he is not riding and they will show him where to stand. You will see him where you get off and off you go

This is what we did with our 11 year old when she wouldn't ride.

The gift shop for the exit to Pooh is very small and right across for 7 DMT he could just wait there if he dose not want to ride and uses the chicken exit he would only be a few minutes before you

Maybe just have them grab a snack at the snack counters across from the entrance/exit and sit there (if available). Storybook Treats or Friar's Nook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter