Where oh where is Cruella...

MyView

Earning My Ears
HI am quit new to the Dis boards but am finding lots of helpful information. My husband and I are off to WDW in October, adults only) and are into Disney bounding. We are dressing as Pongo and Perdita on one of our days and would love to get our picture taken with Cruella once or multiple times since we have the Memory Maker option. I see that she is in Epcot around United Kingdom, is that true? And is she in any of the other parks??
Thanks,
Catherine

Are you attending a Halloween party? They just announced she was hosting a dinner there that includes reserved parade seating for the second parade of the night.

I had not heard that she meets in Epcot. I didn't think she was available anywhere else, actually.

I thought I saw a post saying she was in United Kingdom but went back to check and it was an old article. 😟 Yes I saw the party and am giving it some thought but this will be our first time attending the Halloween Party and I have time concerns. Perhaps erroneously.

I've only ever seen Cruella at a MNSSHP several years ago when the villains used to have a dance party in the Diamond Horseshoe. I also saw the dinner she is hosting for MNSSHP this year, so that may be the one and only chance. I have never seen her at EPCOT.

Gosh, you used to be able to meet Cruella by merely purchasing Halloween party tickets. Now it appears you need to buy the upcharge event within the upcharge event. That stinks. And to think we met her with just a regular day ticket at Disneyland!

I thought I saw a post saying she was in United Kingdom but went back to check and it was an old article. 😟 Yes I saw the party and am giving it some thought but this will be our first time attending the Halloween Party and I have time concerns. Perhaps erroneously.
No, I'd have time concerns with purchasing an event like this as well. You're already paying for the party and need to be able to maximize all that's offered.

Gosh, you used to be able to meet Cruella by merely purchasing Halloween party tickets. Now it appears you need to buy the upcharge event within the upcharge event. That stinks. And to think we met her with just a regular day ticket at Disneyland!
Same with Maleficient. Grrr. Yes I’m still bitter.

We took a pic with Cruella at the Disneyland Halloween Party, a few years back. Not sure if she still appears there every year.

Cruella In UK I believe was just one day only for photopass day ... like PPs have said last year at Halloween party she roamed this year she is hosting a paid add on on top of the paid add on of the party I know she regularly meets in DL and international parks

Yes I saw the party and am giving it some thought but this will be our first time attending the Halloween Party and I have time concerns. Perhaps erroneously.

I agree that an upcharge in an upcharge is a lot! However, if she's really important to you, you don't have to make it a big time suck. You could go over during the time that you would have been camping out for parade seating anyway, get your photos and some food, and then use the reserved parade view. It's a lot of $$ for a photo but if it really matters to you, that's the way to do it.

Thanks everyone for your input, so helpful. Now I just need to make a decision...

I will say this... We did the Tony's Christmas party, and it offered (with very little staking out time) the best parade view I've ever had. I understand the frustration over an upcharge event, but it worked out well for us. Virtually no wait time to meet Tony after the parade. He found us in the restaurant. I imagine it would be similar for Cruella.

Attachments

• IMG_20181206_233634.jpg
    IMG_20181206_233634.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 14
I will say this... We did the Tony's Christmas party, and it offered (with very little staking out time) the best parade view I've ever had. I understand the frustration over an upcharge event, but it worked out well for us. Virtually no wait time to meet Tony after the parade. He found us in the restaurant. I imagine it would be similar for Cruella.
Wow! Thanks for the photo and your perspective.🎃

That view is incredible. We sat there once without paying for an upcharge event within an upcharge event. It was "free" with the price of party admission. I do miss those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter