Where in WDW can stroller go?

MycatlovesEeyore

Two WDW fanatics are now a family of 4 with a litt
We will be at WDW in less than a week with our seven month old DD. She is not quite to the point that she can sit up by herself. What places are we allowed to carry the stroller in with us? Can we push it into the pavillions at EPCOT? We have a car seat that attatches to the stroller, would we be allowed to carry the carseat into restaurants?

Thanks!

There are a lot of places where you have to leave the stroller outside - Ellen's Energy Adventure. Any of the sit down shows. The Land.

Does she like a front carrier that you wear? My DS was one of the few babies that did not like them but many moms and dads swear by them. That way you could carry her into places that the stroller won't go and still have your hands free. I am sure you could carry her into any resturant in her carrier and you might could do this into sit down shows and just sit her carrier into the seat next to you.

jordan's mom

You can bring the carrier into restaurants and some of the shows, but you are not going to want to bring it with you into rides. (On shows, I think that if is outdoors it will be fine, but if it is indoors, it might be a little bit of a problem; I've never tried to put an infant seat into a theatre seat, and it might not be secure. Outdoor shows like FOTLK have bench seating.)

The line for the Safaris at AK allows strollers for about half the line area, bring it with you on that one. The CM's will take it from you when you get near the ride itself. You pass the stroller area on the back side as you exit the ride, and can reclaim it. That's better than parking it outside the ride area altogether, as the entrance and the exit are quite far apart.

I'd consider a sling or front carrier for a child that young, it feels more secure riding if you can steady your child with one hand and steady yourself with the other. You could actually even make a sling if you sew, or know someone who does. Most store-bought slings can be warm, but a home-made one generally will be quite cool if you choose light-colored cotton or silk fabric. You would just need to buy ~ 3 yds of tightly woven fabric, and some macrame rings at a craft store. (Rings made specifically for a sling are better, but you are short on time, so you may have to make do. With macrame rings, I'd use 4 instead of 2, and just double them up in the fold.) You can make a simple sling in about 30 minutes; here is a pattern: http://www.mayawrap.com/sewSling.shtml

When DD was 8 1/2 months old she took her 1st trip to WDW. We had a really great light weight stroller that also turned into a back pack. (by Instep, 50$ at target.) She was the perfect age for it and it really made the trip much eaiser. Sorry, it will not hold the car seat. It folds down very small for busses, and we were able to change it from stoller to back pack with 2 people with her still in it. (being very careful!) We found that it really helped with some places that do not allow strollers, but you have to walk (One man's dream, the jungle treck in AK and play sets.) It also was wonderful for pardes, when she could be up high. (also good when the parks were very crowded and pushing a stoller can be difficulty. She had no problem with falling asleep in it and it also had an canopy. It sounds like you are set with the stroller you have, but wanted to let you know how well it worked for us. My DD also would not use a sling or carrier, but loved the back pack. She was ok with a on the hip carrier by OneStepAhead.

Also it depends on how heavy your DD is if you want to carry the car seat with you. BTW we did take one to a movie when she was young and it sits fine on the seats. If the baby is alseep I am sure it is easier to take the whole carrier with you then take a sleeping baby out of it and wake her up.

There are a few lines that you can bring a stroller into, but in general, you should count on parking it outside of the line. The exceptions I can think of are all at AK (ITTBAB, Safari). You can bring it on the nature trails at AK.
Can we push it into the pavillions at EPCOT?
No. You can bring it into Innoventions, but that's it as far as the Pavilions at Epcot. In WS, you can bring it into the shops, although some are kind of tight. We have seen strollers in the 360 movies at China and Canada, but you will not be able to bring it in any sit-down shows/theaters.

I never felt that the sling things were comfortable but if you have one you like us it! On one of our trips my DS (now 8) was 5 months old. Every time we parked the stroller I held him in line. He was a chunky monkey and my arms were killing me after the first few hours! We found the strollers to be most difficult when you are trying to ride the busses, trams, etc. You have to unload and fold up the thing. It is all worth it though!!! Have a great trip...Lacee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter