Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

I think this one will make you think a little harder :goodvibes:

i-jT495t6-Th.jpg
:tink:

park?

if it is, it is no longer there the whole store is under renovation. we were disappointed it is so small now inside while they renovate it

ya that is no longer there :( they are changing the whole theming of that store

I saw that notice on Facebook right before your trip; I thought you'd probably seen it too or I would have mentioned it. :guilty: Sorry...as I understood, they've closed half the store for remodel and then they'll close the other half. I'd have been disappointed too! My "go to" shop for Christmas shopping and usually 2 boxes of gifts mailed home from there! :goodvibes :tink:

DIANE...another thing I just saw on Facebook and I will mention it since you're not on Facebook. I know flying is not an option for your family but they'll be another added expense for having your own vehicle...or renting one...effective next week already...sorry :(:

INTERCOT
1 hr ·
*** Policy Change by Disney effective March 21, 2018***

Guests booked PRIOR TO March 21, 2018 are NOT EFFECTED by the changes at this time!

Overnight Self-Parking at Disney Resort Hotels at Walt Disney World® Resort

Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking:

Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities:

Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

Disney Vacation Club:

Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests:

Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

I personally think this sucks! :rolleyes: We know a lot of people that just prefer to drive and some (with 4+ kiddos :rotfl:) who can't afford to fly. A good "chunk" added to the final bill, especially at the Deluxe resorts. :tink:

I saw that notice on Facebook right before your trip; I thought you'd probably seen it too or I would have mentioned it. :guilty: Sorry...as I understood, they've closed half the store for remodel and then they'll close the other half. I'd have been disappointed too! My "go to" shop for Christmas shopping and usually 2 boxes of gifts mailed home from there! :goodvibes :tink:

oh I knew it but it looked like more the half and the selection inside was not the best. hopefully once it is all done it will be back to normal.

Guests booked PRIOR TO March 21, 2018 are NOT EFFECTED by the changes at this time!

Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

Disney Vacation Club:

Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests:

Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

I personally think this sucks! :rolleyes: We know a lot of people that just prefer to drive and some (with 4+ kiddos :rotfl:) who can't afford to fly. A good "chunk" added to the final bill, especially at the Deluxe resorts. :tink:

Wow! That sucks! At least it won't apply to Diane and me this time because we booked before March 21st. And it won't effect me if I stay in a DVC property.

I hope it's not a problem parking at POFQ to take the boat to DS.

Every time I go to DW/DL things change and not for the better. Everything costs more every year. Tighter and tighter security. They come into your room.

Jeff did they come into your room while you were there?
i-jT495t6-Th.jpg

This is from a HS park shop. :tink:

Is this park on Hollywood or Sunset Blvd?

Wow! That sucks! At least it won't apply to Diane and me this time because we booked before March 21st. And it won't effect me if I stay in a DVC property.

Every time I go to DW/DL things change and not for the better. Everything costs more every year. Tighter and tighter security. They come into your room.

I am not sure re declined house keeping and were always out of our room my 8-8:30 every day and did not return till after park close

ya parking does not affect us since we drive and take the bus lol

DIANE...another thing I just saw on Facebook and I will mention it since you're not on Facebook. I know flying is not an option for your family but they'll be another added expense for having your own vehicle...or renting one...effective next week already...sorry :(:

INTERCOT
1 hr ·
*** Policy Change by Disney effective March 21, 2018***

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking:

Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities:

Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

Disney Vacation Club:

Day Guests:

I read this earlier today, I think it was on the resorts board.:sad2: I guess a lot of people are e-mailing Disney. 24.00 per night is pretty steep to park especially after charging an outrageous amount for the room.>:( I've never heard of a resort anywhere charging guests to park. What the heck is wrong with Disney.:furious: No offense to DVC members or campers but it's not really fair that they don't have to pay and the rest of us do. Discrimination? :scratchin Do you think they would notice if we left our car at the TTC or DS and took the bus or monorail back to our resort.:rotfl:

I read this earlier today, I think it was on the resorts board.:sad2: I guess a lot of people are e-mailing Disney. 24.00 per night is pretty steep to park especially after charging an outrageous amount for the room.>:( I've never heard of a resort anywhere charging guests to park. What the heck is wrong with Disney.:furious: No offense to DVC members or campers but it's not really fair that they don't have to pay and the rest of us do. Discrimination? :scratchin Do you think they would notice if we left our car at the TTC or DS and took the bus or monorail back to our resort.:rotfl:

Disney is late on this a lot of hotels charge for parking, but what most people are saying is Disney has the room for parking so they should not have to charge while other hotels parking is at a minimum so they charge to use

this is what they have been doing at Disneyland for a while now

Disney is late on this a lot of hotels charge for parking, but what most people are saying is Disney has the room for parking so they should not have to charge while other hotels parking is at a minimum so they charge to use

Disneyland charges to park?

I am not sure re declined house keeping and were always out of our room my 8-8:30 every day and did not return till after park close

ya parking does not affect us since we drive and take the bus lol

Jeff is so right about other hotels already charging. We had to pay $23 per night last summer when we went to Dance Nationals in San Antonio. Was still cheaper than some of the parking lots in downtown San Antonio though and they let us park there the entire day after we checked out. I do agree with others saying Disney has plenty room for parking; it's not like the parking is "premium" there; DL I could understand but DW has acres and acres available. Could be to help pay for the extra security I'm sure they need to employ to patrol the parking lots.

DD and I don't mind the "room checks". DD made a good point...a little grotesque but what if someone in the room has died...a solo traveler or maybe someone with "other intentions" when they visit DW. As she pointed out, when the Do Not Disturb sign is out a lot of time could pass before others "became aware" that somethings not "right" in that room. We normally decline housekeeping too, maybe once during a week visit but I really don't have a problem with them checking the room. We keep anything of value in the safe or our cameras go with us.

I also got the impression that the policy begins period on March 21; I understood when it says "Guests booked prior are not effected". Not really clear. I hope for your sake, Diane, it DOESN'T effect you with a 10-day stay! I like your idea of parking at TTC :rotfl2: but I bet they WOULD notice! :rotfl::tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter