• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where does the monorail go?

Samsma

DIS Veteran
What are the stops. Is this considered a "ride", or a mode of transportation more like at WDW?

It is much more of a ride really, although if you are staying at either the Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier Hotel it can come in handy if you time it right. First of all you have to have a park ticket to ride it. It takes you right into Disneyland as opposed to just outside the gates. It starts at Downtown Disney, very near the Disneyland Hotel and ends in Tomorowland. At the end of the evening the lines to ride it back to Downtown Disney can get very long, sometimes it is just easier to walk back.

I stayed at the DLH earlier this month and upon check-in they gave us an express pass for the tomorrowland monorail station where we could cut the regular line almost like a fastpass. It really helped at the end of the night.

Keep in mind if you think it's a ride that you can keep going on, it's not. I got on at DTD and thought I'd ride around in a circle, but at DL everyone had to get off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter