• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you store your RV?

Deb wins! :worship::worship:

Oh no......not a contest!!! I just posted the picture so people could get an idea of what a house in a motor home community looked like.

Actually, the motor port, garage & screen porch are bigger than the actual house! The house part is a 1 bedroom, 1 bath with eat in kitchen and a living room. Each room measures 18X18, except the bathroom - which is 6x 11. The screen porch is 12x12, and the motor port is 55x20. It's very easy to take care of! If we have any overnight guests, we either treat them to the "guest house on wheels" or give them the house & we stay in the motor home!

The two dormers above the garage are part of the "bonus room" we finished off - where my DH lives! :lmao: That is 20x20, or the dimention of the garage below. He has a fridge (for his Smirnoff's), a 1/2 bath (to re-cycle the Smirnoff's), several computers (why? I don't know), a wide screen TV & recliner. I only see him when it's time to eat!! That's as it should be! But as you can see from the picture...the lot is tiny. We went from a little over an acre on a lake to a 55x80 postage stamp. I'm still adjusting to living on top of my neighbor!

A couple of years before we retired from career #1, we bought property in a community designed for Motor Homer's. At our previous home in Bradenton, we would get "nasty-grams" from the HOA whenever we brought our MH to the house to load or unload. Mind you...it was only there maybe 6-8 hours, and our HOA allowed for 24 hours, but we had some real butt-heads running the HOA. So....we are now much closer to Disney & can keep the MH right outside the door. Here's a picture....

CopyofFrontSide4.jpg

That is SOOOOO cool!

A couple of years before we retired from career #1, we bought property in a community designed for Motor Homer's. At our previous home in Bradenton, we would get "nasty-grams" from the HOA whenever we brought our MH to the house to load or unload. Mind you...it was only there maybe 6-8 hours, and our HOA allowed for 24 hours, but we had some real butt-heads running the HOA. So....we are now much closer to Disney & can keep the MH right outside the door. Here's a picture....

CopyofFrontSide4.jpg

That is beyond awesome!!! I am SOOOOOO tired of fighting the Homeowner's Association all the time for temporarily parking the RV in the driveway

Deb, very nice set-up!! Soooo cool!!

We have 7 acres so we keep our truck camper at our house. We bought it last September and didn't have a chance to do a really good buffing/waxing before last winter. Since we did that this spring/summer, we will buy a cover for it for this winter. Otherwise, it sits out in the weather year-round. I have to say, though, that DH is pretty OCD about washing it and keeping up on any maintenance. He washes the truck and camper every time we get home from the beach. That salt will kill anything.

We just bought 3 acre lot to build a new home and plan to build a pole barn to park the 5'er under there. Right now it sits in our backyard during the summmer and the same during the winter except under a cover.

CopyofFrontSide4.jpg

Whoa...THAT is nice! :thumbsup2

So.....I see you have a place for your Dis buddies to stay when we visit.:flower3:
What week is good for you?....:confused3

Don't panic..I'm kidding!
:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter