Where do we start?

iona

DIS Veteran
Hi all, we’re DVC memnbers and have been to WDW over 10 times (I may have lost count…) but despite living in the UK have never been to DLP.

We’re planning a trip to the Paris 2024 Olympics and thought we might combine it with our first DLP trip. Where should we start in terms of finding out more? Apart from the official one are there some websites we should visit? Any YouTubers you’d recommend? Is there a good book/ebook?

It’ll be late July/early August 2024 so I’m anticipating it being very busy. We’ll probably look to stay on site and visit the parks over multiple days.

I think you will love DLP. South coast Brit here. It's a very easy park to get to but will be so busy then. Although the expansion to studios will help.

Best place for info is here. Vlogs etc are all a bit naff for dlp.

Yes, DLP is counting on additional guests who come to Paris for the Olympics, so Summer might get crazy. Multiple days, staying on site will definitely help.

No good books or vlogs. A lot of the vlogs are okay. Adam Hattan has a few, but I am not a big fan of his DLP vlogs in comparison to WDW. As an AP holder at DLP I know the things he missed out on, and I just think he should prepare better ;-) Themepark Worldwide is a vlogger who does basically all rides in every European themepark. For many American / non-European vloggers DLP is a once-in-a-lifetime trip, therefore they go in it completely differently. Brits can easily do DLP for a weekend, and there are many AP holders in the UK.

I agree, start here. Look through the recent threads, and just ask the questions you have.

My main advice:
- DLP is easy in comparison to WDW. Don't worry too much about booking things in advance. Get a hotel & park tickets, and a vague plan when you go during busy times, and you'll be fine.
- When used to US Disney parks, don't compare too much and go in with an open mind. DLP was build for a French/European audience. You will see a difference in how CMs act, in food, there are cultural differences between the US and France/Europe.
- Speaking of food: Keep your expectations low when you are used to US parks. Food was never a priority for DLP as there are so many amazing options in Paris. It's not bad, it's perfectly fine and overpriced themepark food ;-) It's not a dining destination.
- Depending how much you are used to visiting the mainland in Europe, especially during the summer. A/C, but also mattrasses are different in Europe from the US.

Thanks both - that helps a lot :)

Will no doubt be back with questions!

I agree with all of the above! Disney Tourist Blog was how I planned my first trip, there isn't quite as much out there for DLP compared to the US parks. DLP Report on Twitter (and their own site) are good for keeping up with news.

On YouTube I'm following:
Sam4G0d
SeeYouInMainStreet
37 Disney Street
Mummy of 4 Does Disney
PixieDust - Sharing the Magic of Disneyland Paris

I haven't found anyone in the parks as regularly as the US, so I usually just search YouTube and sort the results by upload date to see if there's anything I fancy watching!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter