Where Do I Begin?

Annie&Hallie'sMom

<font color=deeppink>Things turn out best for peop
I had so much "left over" memorabilia from our last trips to WDW (napkins, scraps of paper, confetti, etc.) and duplicate photos that I decided to try to do this scrapbooking thing (you must understand I have NO artistic ability whatsoever). I bought a kit (specifically designed for Disney) and a few little extras. Now I have no idea where to begin. I've been looking at the samples that are in the book that came with the kit. Some stuff looks way to complicated for me.

Help me! How did you get started (when you first got started). ANY tips would be appreciated!

Welcome to scrapping. It is truly addictive. Creativity is probably the most fun part of scrapping but probably the least important. It will probably take you a few pages to get your "eye" as I call it, but once you do the sky is the limit.

Check out my favorite site, www.gracefulbee.com . I started out here. I especial like it for it's newbee section (at the bottom of the page). It will educate you as to why we use acid free, preserving your pictures, the basics of journaling, tools and some simple layout techniques.

I hated my first few pages, so much that I didn't think that this was going to be anything I would continue to do. Well, I'm still here. I even traveled all the way to Orlando ;) ;) just to attend a scrapbook expo.

chessie

Thank you Chessie. I guess I just have to "do it". Right now I'm so nervous I don't know how to start!

You might want to take a Creative Memories class. They stress a "simple pages" approach. If you aren't interested in that, you might think about a beginners class at a local scrapbook store. I learned a lot from taking a class. I also made friends that were future scrapbooking buddies. Have fun and enjoy your new hobby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter