Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

Great pictures glad Steve got to ride his favorite :thumbsup2
We like the Plaza good food and great prices. In the August heat you need to eat in the A/C :faint:
I love that pic of you and Steve looking at each other :love:
That pic of Ricky priceless :rotfl:

Happy Wednesday everyone! Hey, is anyone watching "The Mist"? It's a series on Spike based on the short story by Stephen King.
I hadn't even heard of this, but will have to check it out. We've been sucked into Ozark on Netflix lately which is really good too!

img_6463-jpg.264028

Sidenote: I know this can be "controversial" :rolleyes: but I'm not happy they're removing her. Or redoing her or whatever. I think the reasons people are upset about the scene are ridiculous; people are reading too much into it and getting way to picky and whiny. I normally don't get upset about these things but this is pissing me off. I also realize the "official" reason for redoing the scene has nothing to do with guest complaints.
I'm pissed off right there with ya sista! People complaining about something that has been around for 40+ years is just ridiculous and as ultra PC as you want. Regardless of what Disney claims, I think they are caving to the vocal minority instead of sticking to history and tradition and what the masses want. Ya know kinda like politics right now :P

img_6465-jpg.264134

He wasn't the only one either, 3 of the Country Bears were hangin' 'round, making their way to their stage for the next show, stopping for pictures with fans along the way. Every time I tried getting to one for a picture their handler would move them along. This happened every single day we were in MK and I never had any luck, but at least I got to see them.
OMG I would have died. I think I'd rather have my pic with Big Al over Mickey any day :P What show were they headed to??? What time is this??? Inquiring minds want to know!

With that we went back to the Yacht Club! Before I end this post I forgot about some PP pics we took when we got to the park, before going to Jungle Cruise. Here are two of my faves:

photopass_visiting_mk_404004756487-jpg.264184
Oh what a great pic, you 2 look ridiculously happy!

And, my absolute absolute favorite that I can totally blackmail my 15 year old son with:

rickyballoons-jpg.264183
I vote this goes in the senior yearbook!!!

img_6463-jpg.264028

Sidenote: I know this can be "controversial" :rolleyes: but I'm not happy they're removing her. Or redoing her or whatever. I think the reasons people are upset about the scene are ridiculous; people are reading too much into it and getting way to picky and whiny. I normally don't get upset about these things but this is pissing me off. I also realize the "official" reason for redoing the scene has nothing to do with guest complaints.

I am 100% in agreement with you. The reasons for changing it are ridiculous just like all the talk about changing these national monuments which are a part of HISTORY and took years to make and they want to raze them...ugh, so annoying. I'm glad I got to ride Pirates though last week! When are they actually changing the red head scene?

Adorable! At that point the service was only available at the Epcot resorts, but 2 days after we left it was expanding to WL. Not sure where it's at now but we did use one during the trip and it was pretty cool.

My niece took one last week and she absolutely loved it. She thought it was it's own attraction!

By the time we made it to our lunch destination we looked like people who had been stranded in the hot, unforgiving desert for days, it was so blanking hot. And the restaurant doesn't open until exactly 11; our reservation was for 11:05, and we got there at 10:50. Sitting outside in the not cool shade was the hottest 10 minutes of my life lol, but at 11 on the dot we were let in:

The things we do for our food....LOL
But yes everyday I looked ragged by 10am. I couldn't deal with the heat!

My goodness that looks delicious! I want to try that this fall but I forgot to make an ADR and now most of them are gone!

We were definitely ready to chill at Yacht Club by this time, and my super smart husband came up with the wonderful idea of riding the train back to Main St. Perfect! Chris didn't remember ever riding this and the rest of us hadn't ridden in quite awhile, and the breeze we were hoping for sounded good.

We took the train too for the first time in a while since it was closed. However it poured on our journey, LOL.

LOVE this picture of the two of you!

And, my absolute absolute favorite that I can totally blackmail my 15 year old son with:
rickyballoons-jpg.264183

:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG! Steve and I were dying because we knew how this one was going to turn out. My oldest stepson Jason (29) was over yesterday and I showed him, he was hysterical! After we took the family pictures and pictures of just Steve and I, the CM called Ricky over because Chris was being Chris and was all grumpy in the pics and refused to smile but Ricky was cheery. This one is going on the wall................

Hahaha, that is an adorable picture!!!

Now some of you Know we had to change our dates when Ricky decided to play football for school. Originally we were flying out of Westchester airport which is about 50 minutes from us on Aug. 23rd, but when we moved our dates up the airfare was crazy so we changed to Hartford, CT. which is about 90 minutes away. Yeah, not the most fun but what can you do? The price difference was pretty darn huge. With the new dates and flights we were leaving at 5:20pm.

That is the airport we leave out of since we live in MA! Sorry you had a delay-that is the worst. We had a delay when we fly SW out of Bradley in March and it was terrible lol We usually have the kids with us and get to the airport with no time to spare but that time we were actually EARLY and that made the delay even worse!

I'll never get over how creepy these bears are
:laughing: They're definitely not the cutest of Disney's characters! However I've never met them and I love getting pictures with the harder to meet characters, and these guys aren't regularly out so I did want to get at least one of them in a picture............

Yay so glad you got to try it!! Can't wait to read about the rest of your lunch!
I read about it in your report as well as a couple others, aand after going back and forth about cancelling I decided I NEEDED to try it. So glad I did!

This is the greatest! I hope you show this to every future girlfriend of his :rotfl2:
LOL, it was SO tempting to post it on FB, but he never would have forgiven me and we still had too many days of vaction left to spend together :rotfl:

I looooove the magic shot :rotfl2:
I think I'm going to make tons of Christmas ornaments out of this and give them out to friends and family this year :P

And yeah, fried green tomatoes :cloud9:
OMG, I wish they were on menus around me :mad:

That magic shot is priceless!
Ha, Ricky is the only one that doesn't think so! But he's been a good sport about it :)

Yay!! That looks SOOO GOOD!! I'm glad you tried it! Maybe we'll eat here eventually so I can try it. But for now I'm looking forward to the one at Rosie's :woohoo:
I need to try ALL THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO THINGS IN DISNEY :goodvibes:goodvibes Let me know how the one at Rosie's is!

My DH loves to do silly poses for the ride pics! He loves to hear other people laugh when we look at the pic after the ride :joker:
I've seen some really awesome Splash Mountain ride photos, I can't believe the thought people put into it ahead of time.

Sounded like a good morning! Not sure if you ever made it for the morning show, but you aren't missing anything!
Nope, we didn't make the morning show but I was fine with that. One day I'll probably see it but really, I'm not in any rush.

And OMG, that Sandwich, I can't wait to hear the full review!
l
New dining report is posted! Although it's just the intro, but the Plaza review should be done soon since I'm totally not reviewing the BW pizza lol

Hi Ariane! First off, LOVED the fried green tomato sammie at The Plaza. I had it in July, and I hope to have it again in the future, sooooo good!
Yes! Your report was also one I saw the sandwich in and I knew I had to have it! I will most definitely have it again sometime :)

I finally saw the opening show in July, and thought it was very cute, but wouldn't rush RD just to see it again...
I'm sure it's cute with all the characters and I'm sure kids love it. I'm sure I'd like seeing some of the characters too, but I loved the train station show so much and actually entering the park after being welcomed, and I think that element is now gone.

our pics are awesome! You always look so happy!:P
Aw, thanks :hug: That's just because when we're mad at each other I make sure we don't take any pictures :laughing:

Hey, did I tell you we are having lunch at LTT in November due to your glowing review???? That's the reason we picked Citricos too...:D
I did know about Citricos but not LTT. I just had clients eat lunch there yesterday and they texted that they loved it!

DUH!!! I too am watching The Mist! I read A LOT of Stephen King in HS. My favorite books and "made for tv" movies were IT and The Stand. I CANNOT WAIT to see the remake of IT in a few weeks!!!!
Awesome! Someone to talk about it with then! IT is the only SK book that ever actually scared me lol, half way through I had to throw it in the bottom of my closet and cover it up with crap-I read it in high school. Like you I can't wait for the movie, it looks fantastically horrifying:clown:

Great photos!! What a productive day!
Thanks! It was definitely a good first half of the day :)

Is this part of the DIS? Or something different on photobucket altogether?
It's part of the DIS! When you're commenting or posting, down in the right hand corner there's a button you can click on that says "upload a file". It's actually very easy to use, I wish I'd used that before photobucket! I do have to shrink most of my pictures and since I'm a technology loser it took me some time to figure out how to do that, but once I did I realized how simple it is to do. Don't miss photobucket at all :snooty:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here with a wild guess....
Chris?
You didn't have to go too far to figure that out :laughing:

I'm here...so late...but here!
:welcome:
Yay!

My kiddo has hand-foot-mouth disease :crazy2: so I've been dealing with that since Sunday. Yeah, my 10 year old somehow contracted a virus usually reserved for infants and toddlers.
Ugh, Ricky had that when he was 13 months old. LOL about your son getting it at 10, my friend got it from our local water park when we were 15!

He's missing his first full week of school (they had a 3-day week last week)
That really stinks. Even though they don't learn anything those first few days there's the whole "getting to know you" with the teacher and any classmates they don't know. But he's young, he'll manage just fine :) I hope he's on the mend!

So sad they are getting rid of her! I don't even care about the reason behind removing her. She's iconic and should stay!
I agree 100%! I know they're keeping a version of her in the new, "re-imagined" scene they're doing but it doesn't thrill me or seem to fit, so in my eyes they're totally getting rid of her :mad:

Cute pic! Also, if that lady behind you (to the right) wearing a jacket? In Florida? In AUGUST?! :scared1:
YES because she and lots of other people who were down there when we were are totally freakin' NUTS :crazy: We say so many people in long pants-sometimes BLACK pants - and sweaters or sweatshirts and it was 179 degrees outside lol. I don't know where the hell they were from; the equator maybe?? Weirdos........they made me want to pass out!

Great pictures glad Steve got to ride his favorite :thumbsup2
lol, we teased him about that the whole trip.

We like the Plaza good food and great prices. In the August heat you need to eat in the A/C :faint:
It really is and the prices are just right, they don't seem as inflated as most Disney pricing.

I love that pic of you and Steve looking at each other :love:
:thanks: I actually like it too, and usually I hate pictures of myself :rolleyes: Probably because you can't see my whole face in this one lol.

I hadn't even heard of this, but will have to check it out. We've been sucked into Ozark on Netflix lately which is really good too!
And now I have to check out Ozark :thumbsup2

I'm pissed off right there with ya sista! People complaining about something that has been around for 40+ years is just ridiculous and as ultra PC as you want.
Excellent! Although it doesn't surprise me we feel the same #nonPCsolidarity

Regardless of what Disney claims, I think they are caving to the vocal minority instead of sticking to history and tradition and what the masses want. Ya know kinda like politics right now :P
::yes:: :crazy:

OMG I would have died. I think I'd rather have my pic with Big Al over Mickey any day :P What show were they headed to??? What time is this??? Inquiring minds want to know!
Right?? Gotta get the hard to see characters! They were just hanging around outside Country Bears, it seemed like right before a showing would start! Like I said we saw them 3 days ,always late morning and early afternoon, not sure if they'll do this all the time or if it was a fluke. Hopefully they're doing it for you in Nov!

Oh what a great pic, you 2 look ridiculously happy!

:thanks: Like I said to another poster, we just don't take pics when we're made at each other :rotfl2:

I want to have it imprinted on the *** of his football pants!!

I am 100% in agreement with you. The reasons for changing it are ridiculous just like all the talk about changing these national monuments which are a part of HISTORY and took years to make and they want to raze them...ugh, so annoying.
Amen!!! All that monument stuff is so crazy, but then again so much is crazy right now it really shouldn't surprise me. Crazy and sad..............

When are they actually changing the red head scene?
You know, I'm not sure? I could look it up but I'm too lazy lol. I do believe before it happens here it's happening in DLP and I don't know if that's changed yet or not.

But yes everyday I looked ragged by 10am. I couldn't deal with the heat!
This year seemed worse than the last 3 Augusts! I managed to not look like a beast on a couple days, but the last few days I just said forget it :rolleyes: Hopefully in Nov. I can make it through the evening looking human lol.

My goodness that looks delicious! I want to try that this fall but I forgot to make an ADR and now most of them are gone!
It was so much better than it was in my dreams :cloud9: And I find it interesting how quickly the Plaza ADR's go, I think it's simply when everything else is booked (well, except Tony's.....) people go to the Plaza. Although it is worth it for decently priced, good tasting food.

We took the train too for the first time in a while since it was closed. However it poured on our journey, LOL.
It's a good place to be while raining!

LOVE this picture of the two of you!
Thank you :hug:

Hahaha, that is an adorable picture!!!
Thanks again! For all the teasing I really do love it :goodvibes

That is the airport we leave out of since we live in MA!
It's a great airport! Easy to get in and out of and the food options aren't bad as far as airports go lol.

We had a delay when we fly SW out of Bradley in March and it was terrible lol We usually have the kids with us and get to the airport with no time to spare but that time we were actually EARLY and that made the delay even worse!
I HATE airport delays. You're all set to go and normally you have some waiting to do anyway. You know you'll be sitting while waiting and then for the duration of your flight.......................and then more waiting :headache: So much worse with kids because even at 11 and 15 the complaining happens. It does seem the later our flights take off the more chance for delays, so hoping our Nov. flight goes off on time since it's earlier than our last two.

is anyone watching "The Mist"? It's a series on Spike based on the short story by Stephen King.

Ooooh sounds good, and I love Stephen King so I may have to check that out. Not that I need anything more to binge-watch lol

danish (DISNEY DANISH, AAAAHHHHH)

Yum. I discovered these actually on this trip for the first time and they are so good. I'm usually not a danish fan at all but these were delish.

The Plaza Fried Green Tomato sandwich:

Yum. The Plaza is another place I had really wanted to try but it never happened. I'm sure that AC was nice!! If I go in summer again, I'm definitely making as many or more ADR's than I did this time!

Free to post 10 more pictures! Using the Upload A File button is much easier than using Photobucket, the only thing that sucks is the picture limit.

That is the thing. I have to go back and post some pics too lol

As a fellow techno-loser I too would love to know how to do this! Pretty Please?!
I do have to shrink most of my pictures and since I'm a technology loser it took me some time to figure out how to do that, but once I did I realized how simple it is to do.

Awesome! Someone to talk about it with then! IT is the only SK book that ever actually scared me lol, half way through I had to throw it in the bottom of my closet and cover it up with crap-I read it in high school. Like you I can't wait for the movie, it looks fantastically horrifying:clown:

I am on Episode 7 of The Mist. It's SUPER creepy...There's a lot of secrets going on in that there town...
My son, Timmy actually already bought his tix for IT, and I have to say... I'm slightly jealous...

I did know about Citricos but not LTT. I just had clients eat lunch there yesterday and they texted that they loved it!

That's awesome to hear! That Colonial Salad looks yummy...No alcohol at LTT right????

I already know I'm going to end up getting behind and having to catch up in batches. I am struggling with life, LOL

It's so much more convenient having ME take your luggage but I also didn't want it delivered after midnight, and even with our original 8:08 arrival I was afraid that would happen

I'm picking up our luggage in October too for the same reasons. I don't want the bags coming in late, because it's just one sleep at Pop, then we'll be up early to transfer our stuff to the Poly for the week.

but I'm not a fan of no carpet.

I hate carpet with the fiery passion of a thousand suns so I don't mind too much, although I do admit a hotel room without carpet seems odd!

this has got to be the worst pizza in the world.

100% agree. 200% agree actually. It's garbage. Actually, I think I'd rather eat garbage.

is anyone watching "The Mist"?

I have them all recorded but haven't started yet!

He's my all-time favorite author

Mine too! The house next door to him in Bangor is for sale, but sadly there aren't high enough paying jobs in Matt's industry there...trust me, I made him check :rotfl2:

Not sure where it's at now but we did use one during the trip and it was pretty cool.

I really need it to be fully rolled out in the next month and two weeks, or however long until I go. I want to use it to transfer from Pop to Poly!

First up was - some of you can say this with me - "Steve's Favorite Ride!!"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

And finally, pulling up to the Main St. depot:

I don't think I've ever ridden the train all the way to Main St. The last time we rode we got off in New Fantasyland. I'm sure mom and I will be doing the full loop in Oct though!

Aw, I hope he's not really embarrassed by this, it's so cute and fun - I love it!
Xavier would be showing it to all his friends, but he doesn't know the meaning of the word embarrassment!!

Ooooh sounds good, and I love Stephen King so I may have to check that out. Not that I need anything more to binge-watch lol
Yes, check it out! I actually need to find something new to binge watch now that I've caught up with that; might try @kastoney's suggestion of Ozark :)

Yum. I discovered these actually on this trip for the first time and they are so good. I'm usually not a danish fan at all but these were delish.
I think I remember seeing you post your danish on FB :laughing:

As a fellow techno-loser I too would love to know how to do this! Pretty Please?!
OK, here it goes. I'm going to do this in very simple terms, mainly because those are the only terms I know lol. You hit the upload a file button and your saed pictures open. If you hover over a picture it'll tell you how big it is. If the picture is bigger than, I think, 1.....whatever? It won't post. So it has to be less than 1.....mg? mb? Whatever computer pictures are measured in. Can you tell I need a Computer For Dummies book? So then I open the picture in paint - do you know how to do that? And over on the top left it says "resize", and I cut it from 100 to 50 and hit save. There is probably an easier way to do it with fewer steps but that's what I do!

That's awesome to hear! That Colonial Salad looks yummy...No alcohol at LTT right????
YES! They have alcohol! I had a mimosa earlier this year and Steve had beer :drinking1 I also had the Colony Salad before my Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. You know, just to save some calories :rolleyes1

I hate carpet with the fiery passion of a thousand suns so I don't mind too much, although I do admit a hotel room without carpet seems odd!
lol! Our old house was carpet through and through, so I made sure our new house has very minimal carpet. A couple area rugs, then carpet going up the stairs and in the hallway up there. We just recently carpeted the family room downstairs and that's it. However in hotel rooms it just seems like it belongs.

100% agree. 200% agree actually. It's garbage. Actually, I think I'd rather eat garbage.
:thumbsup2

I have them all recorded but haven't started yet!
OK, no spoiler alerts then but whenever you have free time :rotfl2:start watching!

Mine too! The house next door to him in Bangor is for sale, but sadly there aren't high enough paying jobs in Matt's industry there...trust me, I made him check :rotfl2:
Love it! I may have told you this, but when I was 17 my parents took me to see his house. Well, they incorporated that into our family summer vacation. It was so cool; I'll have to look for my pictures. My dad kept telling me to go ring the doorbell but I was a chicken. Then not too long before Ricky was born I was lucky enough to hear him give the commencement speech at Vassar College and I shook his hand afterwards :cloud9:

Aw, I hope he's not really embarrassed by this, it's so cute and fun - I love it!
He acted embarrassed, and if I pulled it out when he had a bunch of friends over he probably would be. But deep down I don't think he really minds :goodvibes

Seriously, Ariane has the best luck with the random characters! Doesn't she?!?!

I second that vote!

I think you can walk up to the Plaza after 12 or 1 for a table? I thought i just saw somewhere that reservations are only for an hour or two... Is that right?

I need to try ALL THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO THINGS IN DISNEY :goodvibes:goodvibes Let me know how the one at Rosie's is!
Where is Rosie's in HS?

I'm a bit late to the party, but wouldn't miss this one!

We're Not Gonna Make It!
:thumbsup2 Love this quote. Used expertly, I see.

Here's a blurry picture of my Redhead! Had to capture her before she's gone
I did the same thing!

but I'm not happy they're removing her.
Me, either! In fact, I haven't been very happy with a few other changes they've made these days... (looking at you, GMR :sad1:)

Sounds like a bit of a rocky start the first night, but loving your pictures from your first morning... especially the "balloon" one :rotfl2: And the one of your and Steve is perfect :goodvibes

Finally jumping in! Living in 2 different cities is making it hard for me to keep up with my own TR, let alone others, but I knew you would have started by now and wanted to get the fun started. :) I could feel the frustration of your arrival night. A lot of times I get the feeling you guys could avoid some frustration if the guys would just listen to you a bit more. ;)

I'm also a huge Stephen King fan! Haven't seen Dark Tower yet, though I love the book series. Can't wait for IT next month!

That picture of Ricky is blackmail gold. Love it!

Report is off to a great start!

Not familiar with that show... I don't watch a lot of tv but as you know I make time for Big Brother and the occasional rerun of Everybody Loves Raymond at bedtime lol.

The posted wait was already 25 minutes!!! Ugh. Luckily the wait ended up being 8 minutes
I hate when they do that!!:mad: Lies I tell you!

By the time we made it to our lunch destination we looked like people who had been stranded in the hot, unforgiving desert for days, it was so blanking hot. And the restaurant doesn't open until exactly 11; our reservation was for 11:05, and we got there at 10:50. Sitting outside in the not cool shade was the hottest 10 minutes of my life lol, but at 11 on the dot we were let in:
I'm glad y'all enjoyed the meal and the AC!

First up was - some of you can say this with me - "Steve's Favorite Ride!!"
Don't hate the Mine Train! He needs a shirt!

And finally, pulling up to the Main St. depot:
I've actually never exited here before. I need to make that a priority so I can look at the castle from the area.

With that we went back to the Yacht Club! Before I end this post I forgot about some PP pics we took when we got to the park, before going to Jungle Cruise. Here are two of my faves:

photopass_visiting_mk_404004756487-jpg.264184

rickyballoons-jpg.264183

:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG! Steve and I were dying because we knew how this one was going to turn out. My oldest stepson Jason (29) was over yesterday and I showed him, he was hysterical! After we took the family pictures and pictures of just Steve and I, the CM called Ricky over because Chris was being Chris and was all grumpy in the pics and refused to smile but Ricky was cheery. This one is going on the wall................

Great picture of you and Steve! I would definitely hold on to this one for senior year :jumping1:. Not sure if y'all have yearbooks, but in ours we had a senior section where our parents could do a page for us with whatever pictures they wanted. :rotfl:

We always start in Adeventureland, too. The huge crowd tends to head toward Fantasyland, so the best tow places to start are here or Tomorrowland.

We often ride the railroad train. One time there was a real deer walking around the area where they have the Indian scene. Ever since then we look for real critters when riding around.

It sounds like you had a really hot morning. I bet it was nice and cool at the Plaza first thing in the morning. The last time we ate there was to escape the cold. It was January and the air temp was about 55 degrees.

He acted embarrassed, and if I pulled it out when he had a bunch of friends over he probably would be. But deep down I don't think he really minds :goodvibes
It is an adorable picture. Everyone becomes a kid again when they are at Disney. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!