Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

I remember the neat things about Liberty square after the tour, I agree so many details done to that period of our history.

The Tiki Room is a great place in August, I agree!

Excited to see your new DB.

Sorry to hear BoG wasn’t the best at dinner.

Can't wait to see the pic of the new bag. I have been toying with getting a D&B but I just haven't found the pattern I liked enough to pull the trigger. One day, there will be!

img_7182-jpg.291666
Meeting the Beast is the best part of eating there!

I'm back! Before I answer comments or continue with our MK after-BOG evening let me show you my newest D&B:

IMG_7858.JPG

IMG_7859.JPG

Isn't it so cute? We didn't see it in ANY store before or after I bought it and I haven't seen anyone post about it since. It's big and I lose stuff in it since I normally buy the satchel size but I think the pattern is so different and unique :mickeyjum
We walked off our meal by spending a couple more hours in the park. Since this was our last chance to be in the MK I'd made a FP for a must-do-more-than-once, and we all went on HM.
I was surprised I'd never noticed this guy before!

IMG_7186.JPG

On our way out we got some PP pictures. I actually have quite a few from today but I always forget to post them......

3athm.jpg

4athm.jpg

And this one, which is a cool Magic Shot but we look weird:

hitchiking.jpg

On our way to our next destination we made a pit stop for a bathroom break. Guess which bathrooms we used?

IMG_7187.JPG

Then we took a final spin on IASW and I noticed a couple things that I hadn't noticed on our other trips this......trip. A few dolls were missing-where were they?

IMG_7195.JPG

I know he always has a partner but the wood was mysteriously blank. Then there's this entire empty side:

IMG_7196.JPG

I was trying to figure out if there are normally dancers on the other side of the Taj Mahal. There are, aren't there? I mean, why wouldn't there be, it looks uneven without them there. Maybe I just assumed they were normally there since the Israel girl was missing, but I think I'm right. Tell me I'm right :D Was there a strike going on? IDK, but I'm going to pay careful attention next month. Both to any missing dolls AND to whether or not the dolls at the end have faces behind the masks......

I feel like we did more after dinner besides HM and IASW because I remember it was dark after IASW and we felt we'd done enough, but I can't remember. Again: result of dragging out your TR too long! I do know we were back at WL shortly before HEA so we figured we'd see how it looked from the lounge. We tried going out on the balcony but the bugs were crazy! So we watched a tiny bit from inside but the doors fogged up pretty good, therefore settled for a little CL snack. Here's mine:

IMG_7204.JPG

Mmmmm, my last raspberry macaroon, perfection :love: And strawberry shortcake in a tiny glass, delicious! With moscato that isn't normally in the lounge but that Steve asked the CM if they had and he happily went and procured for me. The kids hung for a short while but then went back to the room while Steve and I chilled in the lounge. It was surprisingly crowded but no unpleasantly so. It was nice to sit and relax not in our room, and think about what our final day in the parks would bring tomorrow. Which leads me to

UP NEXT: WE SAY SEE YA REAL SOON!

I think it's pretty cute; Steve doesn't. He thinks it's out of place but I think anything extra they can put in Liberty Square that's themed to the area is welcome! I love Liberty Square, there are actually lots of little details one can easily miss if one doesn't know to look for them. Some I've read about but when we took the KTTK tour a couple years ago, what I learned more of aside from ride details were Liberty Square details! Much more to the area than meets the eye.
We like the Muppets in Liberty Square. It is a cute little show.
We learned a few things about Liberty Square from the KTTK tour, but the one that seems easiest to remember is the brown "river" down the middle of the street. ;)

headed in to the Tiki-Tiki-Tiki-Tiki-Tiki-room.
We saw this show last October. Like you, we haven't seen it in ages, but it was actually enjoyable. I've heard they shortened the show and put in a better sound system.

let me show you my newest D&B:
That is the cutest D & B I've seen. It is different than so many of the other styles. :)

I was trying to figure out if there are normally dancers on the other side of the Taj Mahal. There are, aren't there? I mean, why wouldn't there be, it looks uneven without them there. Maybe I just assumed they were normally there since the Israel girl was missing, but I think I'm right. Tell me I'm right :D Was there a strike going on? IDK, but I'm going to pay careful attention next month. Both to any missing dolls AND to whether or not the dolls at the end have faces behind the masks......
I also thought there are usually two lines of dolls at the Taj Mahal.

And strawberry shortcake in a tiny glass, delicious!
That looks really good. I love strawberry shortcake. :)

I do know we were back at WL shortly before HEA so we figured we'd see how it looked from the lounge. We tried going out on the balcony but the bugs were crazy! So we watched a tiny bit from inside but the doors fogged up pretty good, therefore settled for a little CL snack.
Could you hear the HEA music instead the lounge, or only out on the balcony?

Last edited:
I'm a little behind but all caught up now! I have to head over to your dining report now!

After our BOG breakfast was over we met up with Kathy @KathyM2 and her daughter Alexis and actually had time to chat and get to know each other!

img_7132-jpg.291652

Aww Hi Kathy and Alexis!

img_7143-jpg.291655

I think it's pretty cute; Steve doesn't. He thinks it's out of place but I think anything extra they can put in Liberty Square that's themed to the area is welcome! I love Liberty Square, there are actually lots of little details one can easily miss if one doesn't know to look for them. Some I've read about but when we took the KTTK tour a couple years ago, what I learned more of aside from ride details were Liberty Square details! Much more to the area than meets the eye. The kids didn't have much interest in the Muppet show either but at least I've now seen pretty much the whole thing as before this it was a minute here and a minute there.

I've never caught this entire thing either, it's cute though!

LOVE it! I feel like it's very unique!!

hitchiking-jpg.291801

Cute picture and love the dress! It's the same as the black one you wore when you went to Citricos, right?

Hi Ariane. Happy New Year!

Sorry I've been missing. I was having problems fitting real life in let alone the disboards.

I know he always has a partner but the wood was mysteriously blank.

Maybe his bride had realised her error and ran off with someone else. See if he has got a new one next trip.

I was trying to figure out if there are normally dancers on the other side of the Taj Mahal. There are, aren't there?

I have checked my photos from July 2016 and it was only one side then too.

I feel like we did more after dinner besides HM and IASW because I remember it was dark after IASW and we felt we'd done enough, but I can't remember. Again: result of dragging out your TR too long!

Tell me about it..trying to piece it together is really difficult. At least you are nearly at the end.

First of all, happy New Year Ariane!
Second, LOVE the Dooney!!!! I plan on getting another in March...I really like the Mickey ears one, but we shall see...
Thirdly, LOVE, LOVE LOVE Santa Clarita Diet!!!! I am a HUUUUUUUGE Timothy Olyphant fan. I swoon every time I see him (much to Joe's annoyance)...:rotfl2:

Finally, the pics of you, Steve, Ricky and Chris in front of HM are adorable!!!!

Love your new bag I haven't seen that one very cute :thumbsup2
The PP pic with the grinning ghost is great

Last edited:
Finally got around to reading the latest TR...awesome! It has been years since we had a meal at BOG, and part of me wants to try dinner...we've only done breakfast and lunch...but don't know if we'll get around to it. Now that we have a trip planned for next November, I'm thinking about snagging some hard to get ADRs and that would be one of them.

Tiki room is a great place for cooling off and relaxing. We've done it a few times but it's been a while now. I am not sure about your IASW questions, since we rarely do that one, but I did a FB Live video of it during our last trip so maybe I happened to catch one of your scenes?

The bag is very cute too!

OMG-I had never thought about that! If I ever get a chance to go backstage at Small World at Disneyland I will totally be checking that out!
And then you'll have to report back here! LOL you won't be able to think about anything else now when you're on the ride until you check this out :laughing:

We have yet to do the tiki room. Maybe one day....
It's cute to try and if you don't like it, at least you can say you've done it once. It's just not something you think to do when you're pressed for time but if you're there when it's hot, stop in!

I got the new Peter Pan DB over Thanksgiving.
What??? I didn't know there's a PP one out! I need to look it up because I love PP :goodvibes

I remember the neat things about Liberty square after the tour, I agree so many details done to that period of our history.
Right? But many of them are things you wouldn't even notice when walking by. The rifle in the upper floor window, for instance?

I have been toying with getting a D&B but I just haven't found the pattern I liked enough to pull the trigger. One day, there will be!
For the price you really have to like the pattern! There was a time or two that Steve asked if I wanted a new one, but there weren't any patterns out I was in love with so it wasn't worth spending the $$.

We learned a few things about Liberty Square from the KTTK tour, but the one that seems easiest to remember is the brown "river" down the middle of the street. ;)
LOL yes! My boys thought that was hysterical when I told them :rolleyes:

We saw this show last October. Like you, we haven't seen it in ages, but it was actually enjoyable. I've heard they shortened the show and put in a better sound system.
I hadn't heard they'd shortened it but maybe that's why I liked it better this time. It is cute to see once in awhile and I like knowing Walt had a hand in it, as corny as that is.

That is the cutest D & B I've seen. It is different than so many of the other styles. :)
Thank you! That's how I felt when I saw it, very different from the ones you usually see.

Could you hear the HEA music instead the lounge, or only out on the balcony?
Yes! They pipe the music in to the lounge :)

When we came out the Muppet show was starting and I finally got to see more than 2 minutes of it:

img_7142-jpg.291654
Wow that guy is a looker!

Sorry quoted the wrong post, meant the guy on the left there :laughing: wocka wocka!

wildest ride in the west
HOW RUDE! I think you mean it's the wildest ride in the wilderneeeesss (said in the most country accent ever)

headed in to the Tiki-Tiki-Tiki-Tiki-Tiki-room. Of course we've all done this before but neither of the boys remembered and Steve and I don't normally do it
WHAT!!!?!? Come on, "lurk, lurk, lurk"? I thought we were friends here?! :sad2:

NEED IMMEDIATELY! So cute - any idea what this pattern is named?

img_7155-jpg.291663

I don't love this attraction; it's ok. It's fun to do once in awhile, don't hate!
I'm totally with you on the ok, but its a great break from the heat. I've been telling the cast members here for years that if they just put in a bar the attraction could be perfect. Sadly you know how that has turned out. :(

img_7182-jpg.291666

A little darker than I'd hoped and nobody else would get in the picture with me :headache: That was fine because the Beast gave me a nice twirl as I walked up to him which I totally deserve living in a house full of smelly man-boys!
Great picture. Yes you did deserve it, though something tells me the beast may smell worse than your man boys :P

img_7859-jpg.291786

Isn't it so cute? We didn't see it in ANY store before or after I bought it and I haven't seen anyone post about it since. It's big and I lose stuff in it since I normally buy the satchel size but I think the pattern is so different and unique :mickeyjum
Gorgeous!!! Love, love, love it. Especially the castle in the back. Of course as you'v come to know this is about 20x the size of a purse i use :D

The head on Chris' shoulder aside, this is a great picture of you all!

img_7196-jpg.291792

I was trying to figure out if there are normally dancers on the other side of the Taj Mahal. There are, aren't there? I mean, why wouldn't there be, it looks uneven without them there. Maybe I just assumed they were normally there since the Israel girl was missing, but I think I'm right. Tell me I'm right :D
I'm sure there is someone more authoritative than me, but I don't think there is normally something there. For some reason I think they are just on one side.

img_7204-jpg.291793

Mmmmm, my last raspberry macaroon, perfection :love: And strawberry shortcake in a tiny glass, delicious! With moscato that isn't normally in the lounge but that Steve asked the CM if they had and he happily went and procured for me
Perfect ending to your last night!

I'm sure there is someone more authoritative than me, but I don't think there is normally something there. For some reason I think they are just on one side.
So, I just looked at my photos from our first trip back in 2013. Gwen was 2-3/4 and we rode It's a small World a number of times. She called it the "Dolly Ride" Anyway.... I found this photo! So, at least since 2013, there has always been only 1 side!
IASW.jpg

I totally thought on our last trip that they were taken out too! But apparently not.

Cute picture and love the dress! It's the same as the black one you wore when you went to Citricos, right?
LOL yup it's the same as the black one, you caught me! But when I find something that fits well I buy it in more than one color if it's a dress, top, skirt, etc. :rolleyes1

i Ariane. Happy New Year!

Sorry I've been missing. I was having problems fitting real life in let alone the disboards.
Happy New Year to you also, Fiona! It's nice to see you back, believe me I understand falling behind due to real life. I have never been so far behind on everyone's TR's and dining reports as I am now and I feel horrible about it!

Maybe his bride had realised her error and ran off with someone else. See if he has got a new one next trip.
:laughing: Maybe!

I have checked my photos from July 2016 and it was only one side then too.
Thank you, a few others have chimed in and pointed that out. Don't know why it looked so weird to me this time since I've obviously seen it this way millions of times :rolleyes:

Thirdly, LOVE, LOVE LOVE Santa Clarita Diet!!!! I am a HUUUUUUUGE Timothy Olyphant fan. I swoon every time I see him (much to Joe's annoyance)...:rotfl2:
I can't wait for season 2! And I understand why you swoon ;) I feel like I recently saw him in something else too but I can't remember what, but whatever it was I loved him in that, also.

:thanks:

Finally got around to reading the latest TR...awesome!
Thank you!! I'm so far behind on everyone else's reports I'm grateful that anyone is still reading mine :(

I just went and put this on my list now I gotta watch it after your recommendation.
Yes you should! My sister told me about it awhile ago but I never watched it; so glad we did now and can't wait for the next season :)

Here you go :D
I love black and white and Peter Pan too so it was a win win
Love that, thank you for sharing! Might have to be my next one lol

I think you mean it's the wildest ride in the wilderneeeesss (said in the most country accent ever)
Ah, thanks for pointing that out! Thanks for pointing out that my age is creeping up on me and I can't remember s*&t, I appreciate it :P
(just kidding :hug:)

NEED IMMEDIATELY! So cute - any idea what this pattern is named?
You finally got me to look up the name which I've been meaning to do since I got it; it's called Mickey and Minnie Cafe :goodvibes

I've been telling the cast members here for years that if they just put in a bar the attraction could be perfect. Sadly you know how that has turned out. :(
Maybe if we start a petition.............:scratchin

Gorgeous!!! Love, love, love it. Especially the castle in the back. Of course as you'v come to know this is about 20x the size of a purse i use :D
You could probably fit your entire purse collection in here lol

The head on Chris' shoulder aside,
OMG that's hysterical, I didn't even notice it till you said this! Perfect for a shot outside the HM!

So, I just looked at my photos from our first trip back in 2013. Gwen was 2-3/4 and we rode It's a small World a number of times. She called it the "Dolly Ride" Anyway.... I found this photo! So, at least since 2013, there has always been only 1 side!
First, I love this picture! Second, yeah a few people have corrected me and it just goes to show how there's always something new to see no matter how often you go, since I've been on the ride more times than I can count and still didn't know the dolls weren't supposed to be there :sad2: At least it inspired conversation here lmao!

Ah, thanks for pointing that out! Thanks for pointing out that my age is creeping up on me and I can't remember s*&t, I appreciate it

You know I am just poking fun at my country kinfolk for that horrible heehaw accent in there! :flower3::flower3::flower3:

I can only imagine what that particular quote sounds like coming from the yankee dialect :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!