Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

It is fun to just walk around MK and check out all the people and sights, when it is very busy, I love the Sebastian photo, I haven’t seen that one before.

Yay for surprise dis meets!

We were going to MK first and then AK later, and the kids were riding FOP for the first time and he didn't want to miss that, so he chose to stay at the resort to rest and hopefully feel better. Seeing the opportunity to sleep in even longer Chris did the same which meant Steve and I had adult time in MK on a family trip!

Yay!! (I mean, not yay that Ricky wasn't feeling well. I'm glad he started feeling better! But yay that you got some couple time!)

arielmagicshot-jpg.287773

This is cute! Also, nice tank top :P

We didn't spend a whole lot of time in the MK and we only rode one ride, but we still had a good time walking around and being together.

ZjqoLxZ.gif

We were only on the bus a minute or two when I heard someone say my name - " I recognize you from DISBoards!" and with that, Kathy @KathyM2 came up to me!

How nice! I wish we'd had the chance to meet with @KathyM2 and Alexis, too. Impromptu Dismeets are the best sometimes! We had a couple with @suse66 during our trip, which I'll get to if I ever get past the wedding day in my TR. :laughing:

Ooh, that's tough since WL is my favorite resort! I think $400 is worth staying at WL. You have the boat to MK, Geyser Point which is gorgeous at night (and good during the day) and the view of the fireworks/ELP if you're there at night. Plus Territory Lounge is open in the evenings as a non QS option that you don't need reservations for. And the standard rooms there are absolutely fine, in fact your chance of a good view are better in a standard room than courtyard. But that's not to say picking CSR is the wrong choice!
CSR is really fine and like I said, the only "down side" I felt is that there isn't any other mode of transport other than buses. However it's pretty centrally located so no long bus rides; there's a bus stop in every section so you aren't far from one although I suggest not going to the stop at El Centro as it gets most crowded. Our room was standard; Casitas isn't a far walk at all from El Centro, maybe 5 minutes? Very pretty walk :) I like their gift shop also but I like WL's too! We had really good bus service, even when we did catch it from El Centro we didn't have long waits just more crowded buses. One other difference from deluxes is that there are 4 bus stops, so depending where you get on/off you'll be sitting through some other stops. Not the worst thing by far but, different. If you go with CSR I'd request either Casitas or Cabanas to be closer to El Centro, unless you want to be closer to the pool; then request Ranchos or Cabanas. Casitas is farthest from the pool and that's close to a 15 minutes walk.

I probably wasn't much help lol, sorry! I know you'll be happy with WL but I think if you try CSR you will, too.

If the MK fireworks are scheduled for 8pm what time should I get to geyser point if I would like to see them? Do they pipe in the music?

I had to get up early to make some client FP's

I was wondering about that - since I just started working as a travel agent - if you actually make FP for people. I mean, I'd be happy to if they wanted, but being the control freak that I am, I can't imagine having someone else make FP's for me lol

One of those was Under the Sea, which some find boring but I actually really enjoy!

I love this ride too!!

I recognize you from DISBoards!" and with that, Kathy @KathyM2 came up to me!

Let me tell you...this took a lot of balls lol. Ones that I normally don't have but I didn't want to miss the chance to say hi!! There was some internal monologue before I got up the nerve to do this lol but I'm so glad I did!! Everyone from the DIS is always really nice of course...but you know...the voices in your head are all "you only know this person from the internet" and also "stranger danger" and also just plain "what? I have to talk to someone in person not online?" lol but it all worked out great and I'm so glad we got to meet this and a couple more times on that trip!

You know I haven't noticed Ursula there. We rode that ride 3 times last week. hmmm.
I think prior to this trip I'd ridden Under the Sea.............20 times? And this was the first time I ever noticed her up there lol!

DHS Christmas decorations are second, only to MK. I loved the little retro signs :love:, and they do an awesome job with their store fronts!
::yes::
The storyteller stage areas in WS at Epcot are really cute once they go up, but I agree HS looks extremely festive for Christmas!

I don't understand why they would get rid of something so awesome :confused3 I'm REALLY hoping they bring it back if enough people complain.
Why do they do anything stupid (which occasionally they do??) Unfortunately I don't think enough of us loved it for the outcry over cancelling it to be big enough that they'll bring it back. We can always hope, though!

Love this! We never find the magic shots.
Up until our last 2 trips I always had to ask for them, but for whatever reason in Aug. and Nov. photographers just did some. Next time you go (which will be...................) just have Casey ask!

I still can’t believe how close Christmas is :santa:
lol and even closer since you posted! I haven't even finished shopping yet and don't get me started on wrapping :sad2: I love doing it once I get started;getting started is the hard part.............

We love all the specials like F&g, F&W, the Halloween stuff and our favorite, the Christmas decorations and activities.
I think going in fall is my favorite :goodvibes It's just a hard time of year for us to get down there with the kids' schedules and school. My goal is to do MNSSHP again in 2018!

We'll be going to the Festival of the Arts next month. We didn't plan it that way, it just happened. We like to do a January trip and this will be something new to do. I'm not expecting much, though.
You know I haven't noticed Ursula there. We rode that ride 3 times last week. hmmm.
Well I was going to say something in my next update, but I'll be going to Festival of the Arts, too! In Feb. :cheer2:

I love the Sebastian photo, I haven’t seen that one before.
Me, neither! Something else I love about the Magic Shots is that they add new ones all the time.

I would have been outta my mind.
Oh I was almost there :headache: I just did my best to stay under control so our last night wasn't messed up lol!

This is cute! Also, nice tank top :P
Anyone who purchases and wears a Merida tank top is extremely awesome :snooty:

It was Steve's fault, no doubt :rotfl2:
It always is - you're catching on :rotfl:

If the MK fireworks are scheduled for 8pm what time should I get to geyser point if I would like to see them? Do they pipe in the music?
Hi there! So GP doesn't really (in my experience) get PACKED with people watching the fireworks. You can also see them from the boat dock although you won't have anywhere to sit. If you take a boat over it's a quick walk from the dock to GP and even if you take a bus you just have to go through the lobby and out the back, so only a couple minutes longer walk that way. Even getting to GP by 7:45 would work, I'd say 7:30 if you want to be settled with a drink when they start pixiedust: @woodnymph has more experience than I do with GP and I believe watching fireworks there possibly?

I was wondering about that - since I just started working as a travel agent - if you actually make FP for people. I mean, I'd be happy to if they wanted, but being the control freak that I am, I can't imagine having someone else make FP's for me lol
I do! I've had maybe 2 WDW clients who wanted to make their own FP's which is absolutely fine. One of them however couldn't get FOP so I kept watch and eventually got it for them - twice, because I'm awesome like that lol. The reason you can't imagine giving someone that control is the reason you're on these boards! But people unfamiliar with how it works, WDW first timers, even people who've been a few times but are busy or don't want to be up/on the computer at 7am (or 6 for ADR's) are happy to have someone doing that for them :)

Let me tell you...this took a lot of balls lol. Ones that I normally don't have but I didn't want to miss the chance to say hi!! There was some internal monologue before I got up the nerve to do this lol but I'm so glad I did!!
I agree it took BIG balls if I may say so! And I would've had the same internal monologue I'm sure lol

I'm so glad we got to meet this and a couple more times on that trip!
I'm very glad you came up to me on the bus and enjoyed seeing you later in the trip, too :D

Is everyone ready for the holidays?? I'm not!
Too much PTA crap too close to Christmas and too much running around for the boys has put me behind with shopping, baking, and wrapping. So the next few days are going to be marathon get-ready-for-next-Monday days! Now before I move on with my August report (because what's another interruption), I have some news to share :D
You all know the DeVizio family are going back to Disney for Spring Break in March; but did you know

I WILL BE GOING FOR A SOMEWHAT SOLO TRIP IN FEBRUARY?? BECAUSE i WILL!!
It's actually going to be a Disney/Universal trip and I am soooooo excited :cheer2: The Uni part is for another TA training like the one I went to in Feb. However in Feb. it was just 3 TA's from my agency and this time it's 70, so I get to meet my agency owner plus a bunch of other agents. And the one I went with in Feb. who lives an hour from me, Cathy, is going again. We've stayed in touch since we got along so well and went on a Norwegian ship tour in NYC back in Sept. So since we are both going we decided we NEEDED to do Disney prior to our Uni training! It'll be quick but quick Disney is better than no Disney :thumbsup2 We'll also be there during the Epcot Festival of the Arts, and while I dont' expect it to be fantastic it's something new to me I get to check out. So here are the details:
Feb. 2-4 Disney-CSR
No idea yet what our plans are but I know we'll be in Epcot! I asked Cathy if she wanted to try to get into all 4 parks, just 2 or 3, or what, and her answer was "yes" :laughing: She's leaving the scheduling up to me. I get in on the 2nd at 1:30 and she gets in around noon so we'll have a decent part of the day.
Feb. 4-6 Universal-Cabana Bay
We have to be to Universal by 1pm so not much time for Disney this day. All I know about our time at Universal is that we'll be touring resorts again (hoping for HRH since this is the only one we didn't do in Feb. and touring Volcano Bay as well as having some park time for ourselves. We finish at 11am on the 6th and my flight leaves at 1:52, so I'll be heading back to MCO pretty much as soon as the training is over!

I'll give you guys more details as I have them. I know we'll make a dining reservation or two in Disney also; we're going to try connecting Thursday or Friday night to finalize the plans. Just SO EXCITED!!!

FLYING HIGH IN AK
I left off with our fabulous surprise bus DIS-meet with Kathy and her daughter Alexis on our way to AK. We'd been there earlier in the week but today was the day we had FP's for FOP, which would be the first time the boys would ride it. Our FP wasn't until 3:00 and we walked into Pandora at 2:50, so we took our time and let the boys look around. Since the drum show wasn't going on Chris took a turn doing his thang:

IMG_7021.JPG

And then it was time to fly with the banshees! Steve and I loved it as much as we had in May when we got to ride during the AP previews and Ricky absolutely fell in love with the ride. He wanted to ride again but changed his mind when we exited and saw the SB line.........I promised to try and get more FP's for one of our remaining days, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Chris also loved the ride until he realized he lost his MB on it :sad2: I told him it wasn't a big deal since we had another back in the room and we'd just go up to GS to get a card, but he was adamant we tell the CM so they could look for it and alert us when the found it :rotfl2: Okay maybe they do this when they find a lost MB, but in this case it would be all the way at the bottom of the ride and they'd have to shut down the theater we were in to get it, and ain't nobody got time for that. Steve and Ricky did something while Chris and I went to GS and got this:

IMG_7022.JPG

The picture you've all been waiting for! While we were there a woman was complaining like crazy because nobody told her she had to make FP's ahead of time, and now there were none left for FOP and her kids were devastated. Devastated! Her kids, at least the ones with her, were both still in diapers. This poor CM ended up giving her SIX anytime FP's for any park for her "trouble". Unbelievable.
We did a couple more things like ITTBAB and the FOTLK

IMG_7034.JPG

before our dinner reservation at Tusker House. I have the review done in my dining report, we had a good experience overall but I'll share this one cute picture here:

IMG_7075.JPG

Goofy being goofy :goofy:
After dinner we still had a couple FP to use so we headed to DinoLand and luckily, we MADE IT! I always forget how incredibly bumpy Dinosaur is until I ride it again. It was getting towards dusk when we got off the ride and I believe they do a dance party over there every night, and the DJ was getting set up:

IMG_7100.JPG

Lots of families were lining up to watch the dance party or DJ or whatever exactly was going on.
After that we used our final FP for EE; Steve and I each rode once with Ricky. The boys had no desire to see RoL and neither Steve nor I cared to see it again. I did want to see the Tree of Life Awakenings but we were debating leaving since it was going to be about an hour before they started, until Ricky said he really wanted to do the safari at dusk. Well, of course! When one of my boys wants to do something I say yes!

The SB line was 90 minutes long and there were absolutely no FP's available AT ALL for any time the rest of the night. A normal Disney savvy person would say sorry kid, maybe next time. But I was feeling guilty about not being able to get any more FOP FP's so I acted like a total novice, and we got on line .

Yup, I did it.
We got in line and I figured it would move faster than posted because yeah, that happens all the time. Steve kept texting me asking how far along in the queue we were and I kept telling him the same place we were 10 minutes ago :scared: It took us the entire 90 minutes and then some to get to the loading area! I kept asking Ricky if he really wanted to ride and he kept saying yes, so we did it. Those of you with kids will understand (maybe) and those of you without kids will say never in a million freaking years.
And here's the jist of what we saw since it was full on dark when we rode:

IMG_7105.JPG

This was Ricky's first nighttime safari, my first full dark safari (Steve and I did one at dusk) but we both agree it's not worth it. I'm sure some of you have had really good experiences with the night safari's but we'll stick with day ones!
By the time we got off the safari we were done. Steve and Chris had gotten a snack, drinks, and watched some shows while we rode but now we were all ready to go back to the resort so I missed the TOL Awakenings. We had two park days left and we were doing real early mornings both days, starting with MK the next day :)

Too much PTA crap too close to Christmas and too much running around for the boys has put me behind with shopping, baking, and wrapping. So the next few days are going to be marathon get-ready-for-next-Monday days!

NOT AT ALL! I haven't baked one cookie or wrapped any presents! Luckily, I have a little elf who is going to play hooky from school on Thursday so we can wrap and bake :love:

OMG! Awesome!

Feb. 2-4 Disney-CSR
No idea yet what our plans are but I know we'll be in Epcot! I asked Cathy if she wanted to try to get into all 4 parks, just 2 or 3, or what, and her answer was "yes" :laughing: She's leaving the scheduling up to me. I get in on the 2nd at 1:30 and she gets in around noon so we'll have a decent part of the day.
Feb. 4-6 Universal-Cabana Bay
We have to be to Universal by 1pm so not much time for Disney this day. All I know about our time at Universal is that we'll be touring resorts again (hoping for HRH since this is the only one we didn't do in Feb. and touring Volcano Bay as well as having some park time for ourselves. We finish at 11am on the 6th and my flight leaves at 1:52, so I'll be heading back to MCO pretty much as soon as the training is over!

I'll give you guys more details as I have them. I know we'll make a dining reservation or two in Disney also; we're going to try connecting Thursday or Friday night to finalize the plans. Just SO EXCITED!!!

Sounds great!

The picture you've all been waiting for! While we were there a woman was complaining like crazy because nobody told her she had to make FP's ahead of time, and now there were none left for FOP and her kids were devastated. Devastated! Her kids, at least the ones with her, were both still in diapers. This poor CM ended up giving her SIX anytime FP's for any park for her "trouble". Unbelievable.

That's just terrible that her bad behavior got rewarded :mad:

we had a good experience overall but I'll share this one cute picture here:

i love Goofy! So cute!

Yup, I did it.

Yikes! You must really like animals…or waiting in line :scared1:

That’s great news about your February trip. I’m glad you get to spend time with Cathy in Disney before going over to Universal for your training. Looking forward to that trip report when it comes :goodvibes
We loved FOP and I told Kathy after the back rest came up and snapped in place easily that Ariane was right ::yes::
I’m glad you got to ride it with the whole family. In March that’s the main thing she wants to do so hopefully I’ll have success on our FP day.
That’s crazy they gave that woman all those anytime FP guess if you yell loud enough :sad2:
I love the pic with the boys and Goofy so cute.
Still have some last minute wrapping to do looking forward to spending Christmas with the family as I’m sure you do too. That’s the best part of Christmas. After my DD and her family came home from Disney they added a new addition to the family. Meet Indy
C9853ED3-7406-4F86-BF7F-0B3C0EB858B0.jpeg

Last edited:

What!? Yay! This is great! Glad you can squeeze in some Disney on your Uni TA trip!

Feb. 2-4 Disney-CSR

...but of course you'll be doing a February trip just two weeks before mine! *pout*

And then it was time to fly with the banshees! Steve and I loved it as much as we had in May when we got to ride during the AP previews and Ricky absolutely fell in love with the ride. He wanted to ride again but changed his mind when we exited and saw the SB line.........I promised to try and get more FP's for one of our remaining days, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Chris also loved the ride until he realized he lost his MB on it :sad2:

Awesome for everyone loving the ride! Not so awesome about Chris's MB. Oops!

While we were there a woman was complaining like crazy because nobody told her she had to make FP's ahead of time, and now there were none left for FOP and her kids were devastated. Devastated! Her kids, at least the ones with her, were both still in diapers. This poor CM ended up giving her SIX anytime FP's for any park for her "trouble". Unbelievable.

Oh. My. Gawd. :rolleyes:

Also, somebody most likely absolutely told her! And that somebody was the unnecessary number of emails you get prior to a trip if you book onsite! Because we've been getting them like crazy for this trip (split stay) and the February trip. But alas.

It amazes me what people can get away with in the name of Disney preserving their good customer service.

It took us the entire 90 minutes and then some to get to the loading area! I kept asking Ricky if he really wanted to ride and he kept saying yes, so we did it. Those of you with kids will understand (maybe) and those of you without kids will say never in a million freaking years.

Wow! Mom of the year! I...would not have done it. Nope.

I'm sure some of you have had really good experiences with the night safari's but we'll stick with day ones!

That may be true, but I'm not one of them!! I'll go any time at or before sunset. That's about it. Our nighttime ride was super lame.

Same here! I don't have anyone's presents yet :rotfl:

:cheer2:

We got in line and I figured it would move faster than posted because yeah, that happens all the time. Steve kept texting me asking how far along in the queue we were and I kept telling him the same place we were 10 minutes ago :scared: It took us the entire 90 minutes and then some to get to the loading area!

Yikes!

I kept asking Ricky if he really wanted to ride and he kept saying yes, so we did it. Those of you with kids will understand (maybe) and those of you without kids will say never in a million freaking years.

I saw this happen in a meet and greet line :laughing: the parents kept asking their kid if she was sure because it could be "2 episodes of doc mcstuffins long" aka an hour. Although their math was a bit off.

Meet Indy
c9853ed3-7406-4f86-bf7f-0b3c0eb858b0-jpeg.289456

So cute! He's got a mini version of Josh's hat :rotfl:

Great news about February trip! We will be there later in the month. I decided to bite the bullet and buy one day park to park tickets for US/IOA for our February trip. I was able to get a value ticket which has some black out days but was about 20.00 cheaper so a little savings.

Your AK afternoon looks like a nice one. I am glad you all experienced FoP together, what an awesome ride. You are a great mother waiting 90 minutes for the Safari! I don’t think I could do it. Thank you for your review about the dark trip, I love the Safari but good to know waiting more than 5 minutes at night probably not worth it!

Soooo jealous of your February trip! I know you will have a great time!
AK looked so fun! I have yet to do the whole Pandora area...maybe in March, if Timmy can get us passes...
Where are you staying in March???

And then took this ridiculous selfie on the bus to MK at 11:30. I'm not sure why we chose the bus over the boat, but more than likely we both just walked the wrong way and then decided to go with it:

img_7005-jpg.287464

Cute pic! Steve looks more into the selfie than you!

As I mentioned we had FP's for later at AK, so we were just going with whatever had short waits. One of those was Under the Sea, which some find boring but I actually really enjoy! I noticed this Ursula on the ceiling for the first time:

img_7011-jpg.287761

I've never noticed that before! But I haven't been on the ride in a while...

When we got back to WL Ricky was feeling better and both boys had gone to the lounge for some snacks. Still kind of hungry, they went down to Roaring Fork for some more solid food before we headed out to the bus for AK at about 2:15 ish. We were only on the bus a minute or two when I heard someone say my name - " I recognize you from DISBoards!" and with that, Kathy @KathyM2 came up to me!

img_7018-jpg.287775

How awesome!!! It's fated you were on the same bus! Disboarders will always find a way to meet!

Ooh that's awesome! Sounds like so much fun!

OMG really?!? Sigh...

Yup, I did it.
We got in line and I figured it would move faster than posted because yeah, that happens all the time. Steve kept texting me asking how far along in the queue we were and I kept telling him the same place we were 10 minutes ago :scared: It took us the entire 90 minutes and then some to get to the loading area! I kept asking Ricky if he really wanted to ride and he kept saying yes, so we did it. Those of you with kids will understand (maybe) and those of you without kids will say never in a million freaking years.

LOL well I would never do it, but I understand with your kids you must. If my niece begged to ride Peter Pan again I'd probably get back on that 75 minute standby just for her...:sad:

This was Ricky's first nighttime safari, my first full dark safari (Steve and I did one at dusk) but we both agree it's not worth it. I'm sure some of you have had really good experiences with the night safari's but we'll stick with day ones!

I did not think it was worth it except the Lion was awake. That was probably the only redeeming thing at night. It's way to dark to take any pictures!

Too much PTA crap too close to Christmas and too much running around for the boys has put me behind with shopping, baking, and wrapping. So the next few days are going to be marathon get-ready-for-next-Monday days! Now before I move on with my August report (because what's another interruption), I have some news to share :D
You all know the DeVizio family are going back to Disney for Spring Break in March; but did you know

It's actually going to be a Disney/Universal trip and I am soooooo excited :cheer2: The Uni part is for another TA training like the one I went to in Feb. However in Feb. it was just 3 TA's from my agency and this time it's 70, so I get to meet my agency owner plus a bunch of other agents. And the one I went with in Feb. who lives an hour from me, Cathy, is going again. We've stayed in touch since we got along so well and went on a Norwegian ship tour in NYC back in Sept. So since we are both going we decided we NEEDED to do Disney prior to our Uni training! It'll be quick but quick Disney is better than no Disney :thumbsup2 We'll also be there during the Epcot Festival of the Arts, and while I dont' expect it to be fantastic it's something new to me I get to check out. So here are the details:
Feb. 2-4 Disney-CSR
Wish it were about 2 weeks later. We'll be there the 18th - 24th. Seems like I'm the only one on the Dis going that time. It's the week before the marathon, so I guess that's why. hopefully that means lines won't be too bad. Hopefully that's not wishful thinking. Or that, or that. ;)

I left off with our fabulous surprise bus DIS-meet with Kathy and her daughter Alexis on our way to AK. We'd been there earlier in the week but today was the day we had FP's for FOP, which would be the first time the boys would ride it. Our FP wasn't until 3:00 and we walked into Pandora at 2:50, so we took our time and let the boys look around. Since the drum show wasn't going on Chris took a turn doing his thang:
For some reason I'm not getting notifications on this thread and a couple others I'm following, so I'll have to go back and re-read a bit. I thought you just got really busy and weren't posting...I know several people have been swamped lately.

And then it was time to fly with the banshees! Steve and I loved it as much as we had in May when we got to ride during the AP previews and Ricky absolutely fell in love with the ride. He wanted to ride again but changed his mind when we exited and saw the SB line.........I promised to try and get more FP's for one of our remaining days, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Chris also loved the ride until he realized he lost his MB on it :sad2: I told him it wasn't a big deal since we had another back in the room and we'd just go up to GS to get a card, but he was adamant we tell the CM so they could look for it and alert us when the found it :rotfl2: Okay maybe they do this when they find a lost MB, but in this case it would be all the way at the bottom of the ride and they'd have to shut down the theater we were in to get it, and ain't nobody got time for that. Steve and Ricky did something while Chris and I went to GS and got this:
We weren't able to get FPs for this, so we will try to rope drop this with EMH on the 19th. DW needs an ECV, so me and DD will have to hoof it and let her catch up.

We did a couple more things like ITTBAB and the FOTLK
That's wrong. I know CMs are trying to help folks out, but if you didn't do a FP, that's your own fault and [stupidity] should not be rewarded.

before our dinner reservation at Tusker House. I have the review done in my dining report, we had a good experience overall but I'll share this one cute picture here:
Will have to check out your DR...we're going there for the ROL package (we've never seen it, so want good seats at least).

The SB line was 90 minutes long and there were absolutely no FP's available AT ALL for any time the rest of the night. A normal Disney savvy person would say sorry kid, maybe next time. But I was feeling guilty about not being able to get any more FOP FP's so I acted like a total novice, and we got on line .
Yup, I did it.
I've heard the night time safari is better, but I don't know if I'd consider it 90 minutes wait better. :lmao:

I love the Goofy picture. He sure knows how to tease the boys. :)

Your February trip sounds like fun. Even though the Festival of the Arts doesn’t seem too exciting, at least it is something new to do. We will be there in January for a short - better than no- trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!