Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

ariane37

Dis veteran
What up my peeps? Hmm, maybe I'm too old to talk like that. How about this?
WE'RE BAAAAAACK :hmghost:
Yup, back from our nice and cool August trip. You all know Florida is cool in August, right? We didn't sweat at all........oh, and before anyone who links my Phoenicians reference in the title to Spaceship Earth NO, SE is not closing to my knowledge, I'll explain how I came up with that later. Unfortunately I can't say the same for my poor Great Movie Ride which is where the first part of my title came from, and I'm not ashamed to say its closing caused me to shed tears more than once. When I get to our last rides you're going to have to endure numerous pictures, sorry!
Overall our trip was good, not our best and not our.............well, I'll let you help me decide that :rolleyes1 Speaking of you, if you're an old friend joining me here again, :wave2: as always I'm glad you like me enough to come back. If you're reading my report for the first time, :welcome: happy to have you here! Let me introduce my and my crew:

The boys:

IMG_7080.JPG

Ricky (15) and Chris (11). Doing a character meal this trip was Chris's idea and Ricky was sweet enough to get in the pictures when I asked. Ricky is also much more enthusiastic about our Disney trips than Chris is; Chris isn't enthusiastic about much in general! He's my "difficult" child, and I'm sure those of you with children can sympathize.

My wonderful, Disney-loving husband Steve-with Ricky, because I don't have any good pictures of just him or him and I from this trip!

IMG_6550.JPG

And, me princess: lines around my eyes, roots showing and all!

IMG_6549.JPG

Details of our trip:

When: August 5-12
Where: 2 nights Yacht Club, 5 nights Wilderness Lodge CLUB LEVEL!!!!
New things we did: Yacht Club was new to all of us as was club level, and the WL was new to the boys. We ate at some restaurants we hadn't been to in years, as well as one that only Chris and I had been to; the boys got to experience Pandora for the first time and HEA, too. As a "surprise" for them we did the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise and we finally, after having it planned for about 4 trips, hit up Splitsville in Disney Springs for bowling. Who liked what and was there anyone who liked nothing? You'll have to keep reading to find out!

UP NEXT: ARRIVAL NIGHT, OR THE NIGHT WE ALMOST KILL EACH OTHER

My first day back on the Dis for about a week and I had to hightail here to hear how all went. Looking forward to more. Boy Ricky sure is maturing, are you nervous mama?

Yay! Can't wait to read all about it! Your boys are so grown up......Ricky looks like a young man now. How does it happen so quickly?? I was looking in at Jack (17) the other day and thought how can this bearded, broad shouldered man be my baby? Yikes! The twins are 15 like Ricky and I swear they grow every night! I totally hear you on difficult children at times......I liken raising teenage boys to herding cats at the best of times, LOL!

I am joining in! I have lurked on your last couple of TR's but am finally coming out of lurk-dom to say hello!

I have never stayed at YC or Wilderness...YC isn't super high on my list (we stay at Beach Club pretty frequently though!) but WL is so beautiful and it's my dream to stay there one day!

I am also devastated about GMR closing...like...I cried when I heard the news. My boyfriend looked at me like I was nuts! I am working on my TR from December (still :rotfl:) and I am sure I will wax poetic about GMR there too. Especially because I didn't know it was closing at the time! I am glad we rode it a few times at least :sad:

I am looking forward to reading all about your trip!

I see how it is... no flare... making me come ALL the way over to the trip reports board to find you...

giphy.gif

:flower3: (but it's friday and you know I love you so here I am anyway)

I'm here, too! Reading in the dark in a hotel room while we wait for the girls to fall asleep. Vacations are fun!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!