Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

Just seeing this now but I was following on Facebook and looks like you had fun!
I did, thanks!

I'm kind of jealous about this…we have decided to skip Universal this April and booked a three night cruise on the Wonder, instead. VB is the only thing I'm sad about missing :sad1:
It does look cool, and that's coming from someone who doesn't like water parks :) The theming is awesome and most of the rides do look cool. Still not sure what I think of their whole "taputapu" system though.........
I think you'll be happy with your decision to cruise :thumbsup2 I just booked 3 people for April Disney cruises but none on yours lol. We're playing around with the idea of doing one in Aug. but it depends what rates are released.

Ooooooh I love it!
:thanks: I really love it, too! In fact we weren't allowed to wear anything "Disney" to our Universal training and that included purses. So I had to pull out an old, plain, boring purse. I couldn't wait to get home and get back to carrying this one :love:

Wow! Good thing you were there to hear the announcement! That's crazy!!!
Yes, crazy in a good way at least :rolleyes:

Can't wait to hear about your trip last week and more about your March plans.
Thanks! Hopefully I get to my March plans before our March trip starts!

Welcome back! Still sad we missed each other. Next time!
Welcome back to you, too :goodvibes

:thanks: I really love it, too! In fact we weren't allowed to wear anything "Disney" to our Universal training and that included purses. So I had to pull out an old, plain, boring purse. I couldn't wait to get home and get back to carrying this one :love:

Booooo!! I mean, I can understand why they had that rule, but still booooooo

Hi there! I've been wondering how your trip went, glad you decided to do a mini report. Looks like a great start to the trip. Can't wait for more poking, I mean reading :-)

so it was my first time at Disney with no family members.
I did DLR without family members (I did a 7 week trip out west one summer and 4.5 weeks were by myself) and it wasn’t my favorite. I would do it again if I had no choice but i enjoy it so much more with someone else to have fun with. I called my mom one night while I was watching the fireworks. Had to share it with someone!

pre-packaged mini muffins for him
One of AJ’s favorite breakfasts/snacks! Lol

And even better, we were pulling out before my butt was even settled in the seat!
Nice!

We had gotten a room in Casitas 3 which was where our room was back in 2014 when my family stayed and, I think, the best section. Steve and I were in Casitas 4 back in Nov. and had a refurbished room, and we had a refurbished room again of which I took no pictures.
We used to stay here a lot (well a few times anyway) and I think we almost always ended up in cabanas even though we always asked for casitas! We even got ranchos once. Ugh.

Cathy got the
Cheese Empanada
Crisp Tortilla filled with Monterey Jack Cheese, topped with Queso Fresco and Tomatillo Salsa.
Sounds delicious.

All of a sudden, some guy starts poking me in the arm and says real loud, like he thought I couldn't understand English, and yells, "YOU HAVE TO MOVE BACK!!!" poking me the whole time he's yelling.
What the hell? I might’ve went off!

we walked at a rather leisurely pace through the crowd to test the "you can scan in 10 minutes after your FP window ends" theory. Guess what?
Guess what? It’s actually 15 minutes! Ask how I know? Lol. I actually know from the Disboards but I’ve tested the theory a few times! :)

I would however share our ride photo, but MDE is being stupid right now and is saying my password, which I've had forever, is incorrect :furious: So maybe by the time I do my next update it'll work? Who knows, it's Disney IT!!!!
How annoying!

This year I flew down by myself and met her there and we did Disney first, so it was my first time at Disney with no family members. It was different, but.......I can't say I didn't like it!

:) Sounds like a nice change of pace! I'm getting anxious to try my hand at a little solo time very soon.

Unlike our last few family trips, I got on line for ME, waited about 3 minutes, and was boarding:

Bahaha oh no! The one time Steve wasn't with you!

I did eventually start taking pictures of her food, and while she looked at me funny the first couple times she understands my DIS-ness and finally started asking me if I needed a picture before she began eating :laughing: I think I'll keep her.

We like Cathy. Cathy gets it.

Enchanted Tales with Belle*we have 8 boys between us counting my stepsons, don't judge!*

:laughing:

It was so crowded in the stretching room and the CM kept telling us to move all the way back; I moved almost all the way back but I can't stand being squished against the wall so I stopped about 2 feet short of it. All of a sudden, some guy starts poking me in the arm and says real loud, like he thought I couldn't understand English, and yells, "YOU HAVE TO MOVE BACK!!!" poking me the whole time he's yelling. Cathy knew I was on the verge of punching him so she was laughing hysterically plus she could see the look I was giving him in the almost pitch black room; I just looked at him, turned to her, and said to her, "what the *^%&???" Don't worry, not loud enough for little ears to hear! But dude, keep your hands off me!!! It was like when my kids were little and would tap my arm continuously going "momomomomomomom" except this kid was 6 ft tall and weighed in at about 200lbs and was not related to me.

Oh. My. Gosh!! This is soo not cool!! Keep your hands to yourself, buddy!! Also, pretty sure this was a no-win situation, because normally they tell you to keep away from the walls, move in to the "Dead center" of the room, etc. :confused3

During our time in the queue and once on the ride I kept telling Cathy trivia I'd learned during the Marceline to the MK tour so I think she was glad when the ride was over.

:rotfl: I have a feeling this will be me from now on! Once you've Marcelined, you can't go back.

and are treated to more poking, drunk-dad style :thumbsup2

No way! This trip sounds like a serious encroachment on personal space!

I can't believe that guy poked you! How rude! I honestly would have had a difficult time keeping my mouth shut, so kudos to you for being a lady. I would have used some foul words and maybe poked him back...LOL!
Can't wait to hear more about your trip...

It was different, but.......I can't say I didn't like it!
So glad to hear that! :thumbsup2

We were both starving but she was holding off until I got there which was more than I would probably do because of my problem with HANGER.
Same. I have a major hanger issue that's best to be avoided at all costs, especially to those around me... :rolleyes1

I did eventually start taking pictures of her food, and while she looked at me funny the first couple times she understands my DIS-ness and finally started asking me if I needed a picture before she began eating :laughing: I think I'll keep her.
:rotfl2: Yes, I think you should keep her, too :thumbsup2

"YOU HAVE TO MOVE BACK!!!" poking me the whole time he's yelling.
What the *@!$?! How incredibly rude! And uh oh... there's more poking ahead?!

hich = pre-packaged mini muffins for him since he didn't want to make the effort to use the toaster oven #teenageboys.
Ha! My nephews burnt instant mac n cheese as a teenager because they forgot to put water in. Teenageboys is right!

I'm so happy you guys are interested to read about my trip!!
We are always interested!!!

img_7933-jpg.301543

I got beef. They put the meat on plain and then ask you what toppings you want so I got tomatoes, cheese, and guac. There were onions, cilantro or as I call it, dish soap, and honestly I can't remember what else. But OMG these were delicious as were the rice and beans. And a HUGE portion, I couldn't even finish all 3 tacos and I was starving. The meat is of the pulled style FYI.
Yum!

Enchanted Tales with Belle*we have 8 boys between us counting my stepsons, don't judge!*
I love this attraction. We don't do it every trip, but it is def one of my favorites for sure!

It was PACKED. It was also a Friday, with morning EMH so obviously not the recommended park to be in.
Seriously!!! What was going?!?! It was so busy the entire time we were there!

But dude, keep your hands off me!!! It was like when my kids were little and would tap my arm continuously going "momomomomomomom" except this kid was 6 ft tall and weighed in at about 200lbs and was not related to
Gross. I can put up with a lot of things but strangers touching me is NOT something I can keep my cool about.

That sounds like me and my sister! At first she questioned it, then rolled her eyes. Then, as the time went on, she started offering to wait to eat to let me take a photo. And on the last day, when we were split up for food, she actually took a picture herself and texted it to me!

so we walked at a rather leisurely pace through the crowd to test the "you can scan in 10 minutes after your FP window ends" theory. Guess what?
Yeah, it's 5 minutes before, 15 minutes after. The Mickey head turns green automatically in that window. Anything else, the CM can see the time on their screen and its up to their discretion to let you in early/late. At Disneyland, with the digital Fastpasses, you can redeem them via your phone screen and they will automatically pop up 5 minutes before.

There was a lot of construction when we went, but we never heard or saw any of it unless we were on the bus driving by it which was nice.
Yeah that's how it was in Nov. but it was more visible this time. Up until now I've had no issues suggesting it to first time clients but now......as much as I love it, I'd want them to have a different experience so I'm holding off until construction is done or I see it again. Still not bad at all and unlike CBR where the construction is impacting the store and food court this doesn't, but as you walk around the lake there are quite a few areas that just don't look as pretty as usual.

That's so rude! But also really funny to picture :rotfl:
lol Cathy thought it was funny! I did too after it happened. I swear he thought I didn't speak English and therefore didn't understand the CM!

What do you mean, you don’t like to be poked by a man in the dark:rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl: don't tell Steve! I'm good at faking it :laughing:

Hi there! I've been wondering how your trip went, glad you decided to do a mini report. Looks like a great start to the trip. Can't wait for more poking, I mean reading :-)
I felt horrible about texting you after I went on FB :angel: It was really good and I can't wait to go back in 38 days! And then of course in August because I hear some really cool people will be there when we will be :cool1:

One of AJ’s favorite breakfasts/snacks! Lol
Ha! Normally he has a hash brown; he's not a big morning eater and he has to eat at 6:30. But God forbid he manage the toaster oven on his own :rolleyes: He and Chris both love those mini muffins so every time I go to BJ's I buy 3 boxes!

We used to stay here a lot (well a few times anyway) and I think we almost always ended up in cabanas even though we always asked for casitas! We even got ranchos once. Ugh.
Cabanas is usually what people want since it's closest to El Centro, just right now it's nearest where they're building the tower. On our first stay we requested it but got Casitas and I was pleasantly surprised. Yeah Ranchos is great if you want to be by the pool, but I'm not a fan of the landscaping and it's a tad of a hike from El Centro. On a nice day fine, especially since you can fill your mug at the pool, but if it's hot/cold, not the best section.

Guess what? It’s actually 15 minutes! Ask how I know? Lol. I actually know from the Disboards but I’ve tested the theory a few times! :)
Yes I meant 15! Not sure why I said 10! LOL we often tap in 5 minutes early and a couple times we've arrived like, 2 minutes after our window, but for as often as we run late at home we never run that late for FP's. ADR's yes, FP no. So this was a first for me.

Sounds like a nice change of pace! I'm getting anxious to try my hand at a little solo time very soon.
I do think I'd like at least a couple truly solo days; maybe if the family joined me later on or if it was before a training again and Cathy couldn't make it. It's nice to not worry about how anyone else feels or what they want to do; even with Cathy we both knew we could leave each other if we wanted and wouldn't have gotten offended if we split our FP's differently. Not that Steve minds that either but it's managing 4 people you care about a bit more lol.

We like Cathy. Cathy gets it.
::yes::

Oh. My. Gosh!! This is soo not cool!! Keep your hands to yourself, buddy!! Also, pretty sure this was a no-win situation, because normally they tell you to keep away from the walls, move in to the "Dead center" of the room, etc. :confused3
Yes, you do NOT touch people you don't know! I would never do that unless I was attempting to stop someone was getting hurt, like grabbing a child before they ran into a road. And yes you do have to stay in the "dead center" lol so I couldn't have moved much. Possibly a tad more, like 2 steps, but I know what I'm doing, darnit!

Once you've Marcelined, you can't go back.
Love that!

I can't believe that guy poked you! How rude! I honestly would have had a difficult time keeping my mouth shut, so kudos to you for being a lady. I would have used some foul words and maybe poked him back...LOL!
I kept it quiet for the sake of the kids in there but Cathy heard my curse lol! And don't worry, there's more cursing involved with my next poking story :thumbsup2

Same. I have a major hanger issue that's best to be avoided at all costs, especially to those around me... :rolleyes1
:laughing: I felt bad at one point because my hangar seriously came out on this trip. I think I said to Cathy like 4x in 45 minutes "AND WE NEED TO EAT!"

And uh oh... there's more poking ahead?!
There's poking, baby :D

Ha! My nephews burnt instant mac n cheese as a teenager because they forgot to put water in. Teenageboys is right!
I believe it!

We are always interested!!!
:hug:

Seriously!!! What was going?!?! It was so busy the entire time we were there!
I don't know! We were trying to figure that out; guess just the "no slow time in Disney anymore" thang. It's going to be at least 3x more crowded when I go in a few weeks lol

At Disneyland, with the digital Fastpasses, you can redeem them via your phone screen and they will automatically pop up 5 minutes before.
Yes I know it's 15 minutes, total typo on my part! Interesting to know about the DL FP system :) I don't book much DL at all so I'm not totally up on that. Do you prefer their current system to WDW's?

Yes I know it's 15 minutes, total typo on my part! Interesting to know about the DL FP system :) I don't book much DL at all so I'm not totally up on that. Do you prefer their current system to WDW's?
Hmm, yes and no. So for Disneyland, you can’t book anything in advance. That means everyone has the same shot at getting a FP for one of the top attractions if you just arrive earlier in the morning. It also seems you can possibly get more throughout the day, because you are able to hold more than one at a time (there are several rules to getting new ones, but basically when your FP window opens for the current one, you can grab another fast pass even if you haven’t used the current one yet; if you get a really late fast pass, you can get a new one 90 minutes after grabbing the current one, even if you can’t use it for hours). Maxpass is wonderful, as it prevents needing to ping-pong around the parks grabbing passes, so you could be in Disneyland, have your window open, and grab a FP for someplace in California Adventure without having to go in. Also the evening show FPS are independent, so you don’t need to worry about that affecting your ability to get a ride FP. Maxpass also has created the ability to “refresh” and try to find earlier times; but unlike WDW, you can’t search for a new one once you grab one. So if you see a time that looks just-ok, you have to gamble on either grabbing that or refreshing and finding an earlier or later time. You also only have one choice per ride at a time, so no way to book passes for a specific time interval. I think a lot of people are still really annoyed that Maxpass costs extra money. I have mine automatically included with my AP, and my sister and her boyfriend paid for the AP annual add on, but when my parents and brother bought one day tickets, they had to pay $10 each, though it was worth it, as I pretty much got FPS for every single ride at Disneyland that day.

But I think each system works decently well for that parks demographics. Planning ahead is just a part of a WDW experience, while DL helps give a more go-with-the-flow time.

If you are ever doing a DL trip (for yourself or someone else), let me know if you have any questions!

We liked the Pepper Market very much
My granddaughter and grandson loved ETwB
It’s great how they get the kids involved
Ok what the hell I would have said a lot more to that guy at HM :mad:
Glad you had time to ride it
Bet Steve was jealous you were riding 7DMT without him :rotfl:

I don't know! We were trying to figure that out; guess just the "no slow time in Disney anymore" thang. It's going to be at least 3x more crowded when I go in a few weeks lol
I am curious to hear how crowded it is. I was suggesting our next trip to be a month later. So we can do Flower and Garden. But we will see.

DAY ONE PART 2: EPCOT or as I like to call it,
"A VISIT TO LA CAVA DEL POKING"
I left off with us exiting the mine at MK.

After this it was close to 6:00, and we definitely wanted a couple hours in Epcot so we hopped a monorail and soon saw this:

IMG_7944.JPG

A first for both of us! Followed by this lovely site:

IMG_7947.JPG

Back to the Festival of the Arts. Since it was evening and chilly we didn't see that much. There were a few things I really wanted to see that I know go on during the day but I hadn't checked to see if they happen at night. We were also starving again at this point, so decided just to focus on the FOOD.
Our next decision involved direction: do we go left, or right? Once again Cathy left it up to me but I threw the ball back to her. Did she want to try
a) a Grey Goose Slush or
b) an avocado margarita?

Because that poor, unfortunate soul had never had EITHER!!! We remedied that quick by going here:

IMG_7948.JPG

And got in line. While the line wasn't as short as I've seen it, it also wasn't as long, so we only had about 5 parties in front of us.

And here my friends is where things went :crazy: :scared: :scared1:
While what I'm about to describe was SO NOT COOL, I would be lying if I said it didn't add some spice to the evening........

So 2 parties ahead of us was a young couple, I'd say late 20's-early 30's, and their 2 kids who were under 4 and both in strollers. Behind them there was a guy in his mid to late 50's and he was talking to them, and talking to them and talking to them. Loudly. Mostly to the woman (mom) and he kept putting his hand on her shoulder and like, spinning her around to get her to listen to him. I assumed the were together but Cathy said no. Behind this guy were two young kids who looked 16 but must have been at least 21 (we find out later they are his son and son's gf). So 50's guy is getting louder and louder and it's obvious he's been on the La Cava line a few times :rolleyes1 and the couple in front of him, whom I still think are with him, are annoyed. Well all of a sudden he spins the GUY (dad) around and plants one on this man's lips! OK. Are they together :confused3
Then 5 minutes later he puts both hands on the mom's shoulders, turns her half way around and kisses her cheek loud and long. The dad-guy looks PISSED and I realize Cathy is correct and they are not together.
This lucky couple is finally let in to La Cava.
So we have decided 50's man is pretty well wasted and so is his son's gf, who actually keeps giving 50's man long, long hugs and telling him how much she loves him. Son is standing there looking like Patrick from SpongeBob. 50's man is cursing up a storm; normally I'm all for the cursing since my mouth is really bad but hey, you're in Disney and you need to tone it down. He's also stuttering and staggering so we're keeping our distance. Then the CM manager, a young, very tiny woman goes up to 50's man and we hear her tell him that this will be his last round of shots :drinking1and those 3 go in.

*THIS MAY HAVE BEEN A GOOD TIME TO ALERT SECURITY, MAYBE*

Luckily since we're next, we have a front row seat to what happens next.....

Within I swear, 30 seconds 50's man is at the bar starting a fight with a guy in his 20's wearing full on Eagles gear about how bad the Eagles suck (this was 2 nights before the Super Bowl). And in the next 30 seconds 50's man said "bulls*#$" about 10 times SO loud. So over comes the tiny manager lady, taps him on the shoulder, and tells him he has to leave. He does not listen. The manager then attempts to tell his son/son's gf that they need to leave but they begin to yell at her asking why and saying it's discrimination. Maybe age-ism? I don't know, he was a total white man from middle America from the sound of it so not sure what they were getting at. Discriminating against drunks acting like a-holes, yes definitely. 50's man then turns around and starts arguing with the manager, another small female CM hostess has now come over. The manager is really keeping her cool while we're all looking on and all of a sudden- OMG I still can't believe he did this - 50's man TAKES HIS FINGER, AND POKES THE MANAGER IN THE FOREHEAD. RIGHT ON THE FOREHEAD. Like pushes her back almost. Holy crap Cathy and I both did a deep unbelieving inhale, one of the male bartenders came from around the bar and then these 3 walked out. But, but then the manager starts yelling at 50's man to come back because he needed to wait for security to escort him out of the park, what??? Like he's going to wait, lady he just poked you in the head. Cathy and I felt for her because CM's should not have to put up with this but how can you then tell a guest to stay put in order to be kicked out? See my above comment in pink,

*BECAUSE WE HAVE MISSED THE BOAT ON ALERTING SECURITY*

And later on we saw this nasty trio walking around the U.K., 50's man putting his arms around another unsuspecting Epcot visitor who didn't know what he was in for.

Luckily there was no more wrongful poking on our trip, at least not that we noticed. But seriously I was shocked at this guy.
So after the drama we did finally get these:

IMG_7949.JPG

Mmm, the Avocado Margarita:

Avocado
Tequila, melon liqueur, fresh avocado, agave nectar, and fresh lime juice, served frozen with a hibiscus salt rim

Cathy was happy with this and we took them to continue our WS walk and to find some Festival food. Finding interesting Festival food actually took awhile; if you've read my dining reports you know that while I may be a little picky, I find more than enough to try at both Flower and Garden and Food and Wine. Not the case here. We got all the way to Morocco before finding something that we wanted to try. I was happy to give business to Morocco because I always think their festival booths look lonely and unattended :charac2:

Cathy tried the
Hummus Trifle: Layered Hummus topped with spiced beef, pine nuts and dry cherries, served with pita chips

IMG_7950.JPG

I am not a hummus fan but I tried this anyway and it wasn't bad! I find hummus......pasty? Like the consistency makes it seem as if it's falling apart in my mouth. This didn't do that which I guess I don't know is good or bad but for me it was good. It actually didn't taste like hummus at all to me The cherries made it a bit sweet and the pita chips were really good. The easiest way to eat it was to scoop some out on to the chips with the fork but it was really windy so we both kept getting mouthfuls of hair, too. Hair hummus. Sorry.

I tried the
Mediterranean Flat Bread with za’atar, olive oil artichoke, olives, mozzarella and feta cheese
I took a picture but it came out so dark and crappy it's not worth posting and I can't seem to find one anywhere but it was GOOD. I love olives and whatever kind were on here tasted like Kalamata. Not even sure what za'atar is and too lazy to look it up, but we both liked this even better than the hummus so we were happy with our decision to try this booth.

Cute story, while we waited at the booth for our food this young CM noticed our margaritas and asked where we got them. Then he asked how much alchohol was in them: "enough for one person, ten people?" Um, probably one? So he says "I have something that's enough for 10 people, try this!" And he pours me a shot of Arak:
Embrace the Arak: Massaya Arak, Orange Juice and Grenadine
I'd never had nor heard of this before but Cathy had and she's telling me it's strong. She also asks the CM "aren't you supposed to mix it with something?" and he says no no, it's fine. Well as you can see they were selling it mixed with OJ and Grenadine but I got my free shot straight :drinking1and it went down like black licorice someone had set afire.

We continued our trek and soon found ourselves over in the UK (where we passed Pokey) and we were hoping to catch the band which we did! However you really cannot sit and listen to them without a drink in hand so I introduced Cathy to another of my recent new faves:

IMG_7954.JPG

Magner's Pear Cider
You get this from the little cart outside Rose and Crown. Again, being lazy right now, and all I can find online close to a description is that it's gluten-free. But I'll add it's not too sweet, either! Cathy liked this also so we took them and listened to British Revolution, watching old people dance to their music and finally realizing we too were those old people.......

After they finished their last set of the night it was about 8:40 so we started walking back towards Mexico. A quick stop in Germany for Karemell Kuche was made where I got a dark chocolate sea salt square and Cathy got something I can't remember, because I was too busy loving my dark chocolate sea salt square. When they made the "5 minutes till Illuminations" announcement we were right by Norway. Cathy said we should check and see if any rides had low wait times so I said what the heck, let's see about Frozen!

IMG_7957.JPG

I know it's bad, just proving we rode. The wait said 35 which is still longer than I care to wait for FEA but I knew it couldn't really be that long and it wasn't. We were on in 13 minutes. We did head out after that and waited about 17 minutes for a bus before Cathy said that's it, we're getting an Uber. It had gotten COLD, and it was windy at our bus stop! So we Ubered back to CSR (I feel cool saying that) and Cathy was out in like 10 minutes while I had to stay up and "work" for about an hour. Our plan for the next morning was trying to hit RD at HS. Would we make it? Would Cathy lose her patience with me? Would she end up poking me in the head and telling me to move towards the door? Would SHE be the one being a slow-poke, stalling in the room, afraid to go to HS because I was making her ride Tower of Terror

:hmghost:FOR THE FIRST TIME ?????:maleficen

Have a great weekend!

Back to the Festival of the Arts. Since it was evening and chilly we didn't see that much. There were a few things I really wanted to see that I know go on during the day but I hadn't checked to see if they happen at night. We were also starving again at this point, so decided just to focus on the FOOD.
Our next decision involved direction: do we go left, or right? Once again Cathy left it up to me but I threw the ball back to her. Did she want to try
a) a Grey Goose Slush or
b) an avocado margarita?
I am just going to say like you guys were more focused on liquid food than actual food! But I like it.

Well all of a sudden he spins the GUY (dad) around and plants one on this man's lips! OK. Are they together :confused3
Then 5 minutes later he puts both hands on the mom's shoulders, turns her half way around and kisses her cheek loud and long. The dad-guy looks PISSED and I realize Cathy is correct and they are not together.
Wait!?! I don't understand how this story didn't end here and how this couple didn't get out of line and go complain to someone right then and there!?!!? And how did that woman not slap him in the face!!! Or how did the husband not punch him?!?! I am baffled by your story already?!!? I mean I know people love there avocado margaritas but...

Then the CM manager, a young, very tiny woman goes up to 50's man and we hear her tell him that this will be his last round of shots :drinking1and those 3 go in.
Baffled AGAIN! What? last round? Why didn't they say there that they were cut off?!?! Clearly visibly drunk. Oye.

OMG I still can't believe he did this - 50's man TAKES HIS FINGER, AND POKES THE MANAGER IN THE FOREHEAD. RIGHT ON THE FOREHEAD. Like pushes her back almost.
I really thought you were going to say that he hit her or kissed her. One of the two. Which kind of makes the poke seem tame. But still. Dear lord, I don't understand how these 3 weren't escorted out. I know they didn't wait for security but it can't be that hard to find 3 drunk men poking and kissing people!

img_7949-jpg.302707

Mmm, the Avocado Margarita:

Avocado
Tequila, melon liqueur, fresh avocado, agave nectar, and fresh lime juice, served frozen with a hibiscus salt rim
I am afraid to try this!!! I need to, though! I tried a margarita at the outside pavilion this past trip. Andy wants to eat at the restaurant inside. maybe then...

img_7950-jpg.302708

I am not a hummus fan but I tried this anyway and it wasn't bad! I find hummus......pasty? Like the consistency makes it seem as if it's falling apart in my mouth. This didn't do that which I guess I don't know is good or bad but for me it was good. It actually didn't taste like hummus at all to me The cherries made it a bit sweet and the pita chips were really good. The easiest way to eat it was to scoop some out on to the chips with the fork but it was really windy so we both kept getting mouthfuls of hair, too. Hair hummus. Sorry.
We didn't try too many foods at the festival. We did the same, past by alot of them as well. I wanted to try these, but each had something we don't like/can't eat. This one, had pine nuts, which I can't eat.

Mediterranean Flat Bread with za’atar, olive oil artichoke, olives, mozzarella and feta cheese
I took a picture but it came out so dark and crappy it's not worth posting and I can't seem to find one anywhere but it was GOOD. I love olives and whatever kind were on here tasted like Kalamata. Not even sure what za'atar is and too lazy to look it up, but we both liked this even better than the hummus so we were happy with our decision to try this booth.
And then this had olives and we both HATE olives. But Za' tar is a nice spice mix, I have jar of it here at home. (also too lazy to go get it out of the cabinet) but it is great to use on chicken, not too spicy or anything.

I'd never had nor heard of this before but Cathy had and she's telling me it's strong. She also asks the CM "aren't you supposed to mix it with something?" and he says no no, it's fine. Well as you can see they were selling it mixed with OJ and Grenadine but I got my free shot straight :drinking1and it went down like black licorice someone had set afire.
I would def NOT like that. Wonder what it tastes like mixed with OJ and Grenadine.

I know it's bad, just proving we rode. The wait said 35 which is still longer than I care to wait for FEA but I knew it couldn't really be that long and it wasn't. We were on in 13 minutes
What is up with the wait times? It seemed like everything had high wait times and I felt like a lot were actually lower wait. Are they trying to make it a nice surprise that you didn't wait as long as it says?

OMG! The stories...Being the wuss I am, I would have high tailed it out of there, but not before uttering a few curse words myself...The nerve of some drunks!!! Don’t you ever say to yourself-Does this only happen to me??? Poke! LOL!

Did she want to try
a) a Grey Goose Slush or
b) an avocado margarita?
Choices, choices!

Discriminating against drunks acting like a-holes, yes definitely.
That’s appropriate discrimination!

BECAUSE WE HAVE MISSED THE BOAT ON ALERTING SECURITY*
No doubt.

Avocado
It sounds so fresh, I really want to try it. Maybe I’ll make Chad get it and I can try it that way without fully committing!

Oh my!

Magner's Pear Cider
You get this from the little cart outside Rose and Crown.
This sounds good and also looks incredibly refreshing.

The wait said 35 which is still longer than I care to wait for FEA but I knew it couldn't really be that long and it wasn't. We were on in 13 minutes.
Cha-ching!

I felt horrible about texting you after I went on FB :angel:
Please do not feel horrible, you were a welcome distraction!!!!
And then of course in August because I hear some really cool people will be there when we will be :cool1:
Cool people? What cool people? I like cool people. Anyone I'd know :P

Once again Cathy left it up to me but I threw the ball back to her. Did she want to try
a) a Grey Goose Slush or
b) an avocado margarita?
We should just start a think that instead of saying left its margarita and instead of right its slush. Seems much simpler :drinking1

That is crazy!!!! I hope my husband would not look pissed and would instead just punch the guy out. Beyond ridiculous.

he manager is really keeping her cool while we're all looking on and all of a sudden- OMG I still can't believe he did this - 50's man TAKES HIS FINGER, AND POKES THE MANAGER IN THE FOREHEAD. RIGHT ON THE FOREHEAD. Like pushes her back almost.
How on earth did they let this go on for so long without calling security? I really am shocked they didn't try and restrain him in some way after that.

if you've read my dining reports you know that while I may be a little picky, I find more than enough to try at both Flower and Garden and Food and Wine. Not the case here.
It's not pickiness its lack of options. We were so disappointed in the offerings last year

Hummus Trifle: Layered Hummus topped with spiced beef, pine nuts and dry cherries, served with pita chips

img_7950-jpg.302708
I actually like hummus and this does not look or sound good. I think someone was stretching a little too far.

Now this sounds good. Right up my alley. And for the record our personal chef consultant says za'atar is a blend of middle easter spices but there is generally no consensus on what they need to be.

nd he pours me a shot of Arak:
1. Amazing you got a free shot 2. Sounds like Arabic Jagermesiter to me

img_7954-jpg.302709

Magner's Pear Cider
You get this from the little cart outside Rose and Crown. Again, being lazy right now, and all I can find online close to a description is that it's gluten-free. But I'll add it's not too sweet, either! Cathy liked this also so we took them and listened to British Revolution, watching old people dance to their music and finally realizing we too were those old people.......
We so have to try this in August. Sounds like something I'd love (both the music and drinks)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!