Where are the Pandora Expansion Pads?

vacationer1954

DIS Veteran
I've read several times that there are two expansion pads in Pandora, one for a restaurant and one for an attraction. Can someone please point out where exactly those are?

Would love to see pandora get a sit down restaurant. Another ride would be awesome as well, but being able to sit down dine in a bioluminescent forest or something would be awesome

I hadn't thought of that, but that could be really cool .... maybe with some animatronic creatures around? I know Walt's original idea for the Tiki Room was as a dinner show - so sort of take that idea and build on it a bit

I'm all for a restaurant, but Disney needs to start putting in less hotels and dining, and more rides to deal with the long wait times. They've got the people, now they need to keep them entertained and not annoyed. I would love another ride back there!

Very confused on this post since in the past couple of year they have added 2 new rides in AK, 2 in DHS, adding 2 more to DHS, adding 1 to MK and are adding 1 to Epcot plus replacing another ride that hardly ever had a wait.

I'm all for a restaurant, but Disney needs to start putting in less hotels and dining, and more rides to deal with the long wait times. They've got the people, now they need to keep them entertained and not annoyed. I would love another ride back there!

AK is pretty light on table service options, though. I don't understand why they keep adding restaurants to Epcot when it already has tons.

Very confused on this post since in the past couple of year they have added 2 new rides in AK, 2 in DHS, adding 2 more to DHS, adding 1 to MK and are adding 1 to Epcot plus replacing another ride that hardly ever had a wait.
I agree. There is probably nothing Disney keeps closer tabs on than how wait times affects guests willingness to visit and spend money at the resort. If the waits were so long that guests were fleeing Disney for other parks in droves, Disney would have detected that and done something about it.

Its actually 3 more new rides in DHS(2 star wars and mickeys mine train)and 2 more in epcot(Guardians and Ratioulle)

Its actually 3 more new rides in DHS(2 star wars and mickeys mine train)and 2 more in epcot(Guardians and Ratioulle)

Sort of. DHS removed TGMR for MRRR. So that's a wash, not an addition. Guardians replaced Energy Adventure. I'm willing to call that more than a wash since Energy Adventure was never busy and I suspect Guardians will be for quite a while, but it's not really an additional ride, just additional ride capacity being used.

Yep and I have a feeling adding these will simply add even more guests to WDW.

I'm still super happy about it, but I don't expect to have a huge drop in wait times across the board.

Better yet would be adding more FP per day as a result IMO.

Sit down dining at Pandora would be cool, another attraction as well.

That's the beauty of adding "Lands", not just attractions. Makes expansion within the theme more interesting and sustains the immersion IMO.

Last edited:
Sort of. DHS removed TGMR for MRRR. So that's a wash, not an addition. Guardians replaced Energy Adventure. I'm willing to call that more than a wash since Energy Adventure was never busy and I suspect Guardians will be for quite a while, but it's not really an additional ride, just additional ride capacity being used.
And SWGE replaced backlot tour and the Lights Motor Action show as well. Not many additional rides across property, more replacement rides. Tron will be new, Rat new, Avatar new, and 2 new in TSL.

Yep and I have a feeling adding these will simply add even more guests to WDW.

I'm still super happy about it, but I don't expect to have a huge drop in wait times across the board.

Better yet would be adding more FP per day as a result IMO.

Sit down dining at Pandora would be cool, another attraction as well.

That's the beauty of adding "Lands", not just attractions. Makes expansion within the theme more interesting and sustains the immersion IMO.
Yeah the thing that gets overlooked is more rides=more capacity for a given park. So yes, it may disperse crowds better if they remain the same, but that’s unlikely to happen particularly with a new attraction

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter